Calling All Sugar Coaters....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Calling All Sugar Coaters....

2 years and 1 month later, in the words of the great John McClain - "Welcome to the party, Pal!"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Since75. Show Since75's posts

In Response to Re: Calling All Sugar Coaters....:
    [QUOTE]I'm still waiting for the sugar coaters.........
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Don't post much so I don't know who you are but there isn't much to sugar coat.  Been a Sox fan since 1975 always will be.  Still root everyday there's a game. Have to admit this is getting really hard to watch though.  Don't have any answers and don't care to try and come up with any.  Although, I could care less if Beckett plays golf.  I do care when he lays an egg like that tonight.  What the heck is going on with the starters.  John Lackey is actually starting to look good.  Whatever, I'll just keep rooting and hope.  Very disappointing so far to say the least.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Calling All Sugar Coaters.... : What's disengenous? All that I said is that I feel most of the players are trying and playing hard so I'm still going to root for them. I'm not going to turn on the entire team just because of one or two bad seeds. Let's assume that everything you say about Beckett is 100 percent correct. Why should I let one player make me turn against everyone else, which some posters seem to want. I just ripped Buchholz and Lester on the game thread for not manning up and controlling their own fate, so why should I let Beckett control what I do.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]
    don't worry ROY I understand were you are coming from, some people will hate for the sake of hating no matter how many times you try to explain your opinion they still wont accept the fact you think differently than they do.

on to the topic of Beckett, he is a cancer on this team. No matter what he says or does he can't help this team, as a matter of fact he just makes things worse. Then this whole golfing issue with Buch now in the mix is like watching a sinking ship. It's too bad because, as much as many would love to just dump this guy, it's not going to happen. No one wants to take on that contract or have that type of "team leader" in their clubhouse.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Calling All Sugar Coaters.... : Don't post much so I don't know who you are but there isn't much to sugar coat.  Been a Sox fan since 1975 always will be.  Still root everyday there's a game. Have to admit this is getting really hard to watch though.  Don't have any answers and don't care to try and come up with any.  Although, I could care less if Beckett plays golf.  I do care when he lays an egg like that tonight.  What the heck is going on with the starters.  John Lackey is actually starting to look good.  Whatever, I'll just keep rooting and hope.  Very disappointing so far to say the least.  
    Posted by Since75[/QUOTE]

Hey there - I believe we are on the same page....Nice to hear from you....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Roy equates fan criticism of players with team disloyalty. Absurd!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Josh Beckett has posted quality starts in four of his six outings this year but two bad starts have inflated his season ERA to 5.97.

Beckett may never be likeable, but the Red Sox need to stick with him (and have few viable alternatives).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Calling All Sugar Coaters.... : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBGSc1iLcIw
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    It had been AGES since I saw that skit! What a classic ... "Oh, they love their mothers, boy!"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Josh Beckett has posted quality starts in four of his six outings this year but two bad starts have inflated his season ERA to 5.97.

Correct, and the pitching staff was solid in the last game. The fact is that the offense had another pitiful 3 earned run night. Game innings log and each game log is all that matters, not "year long team ERA".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]Roy equates fan criticism of players with team disloyalty. Absurd!
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

Leave it to you to get it completely wrong.

My point is the complete opposite. I'm saying you CAN criticize specific players yet still be loyal to the team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from beachylee. Show beachylee's posts

In Response to Calling All Sugar Coaters....:
    [QUOTE]Calling all you delusional sugar coaters........I am dying to hear your take on Josh Beckett's start tonight...........
    Need to trade this knucklehead....worthless!!/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]Josh Beckett has posted quality starts in four of his six outings this year but two bad starts have inflated his season ERA to 5.97. Beckett may never be likeable, but the Red Sox need to stick with him (and have few viable alternatives).
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

I think it's gone beyond unlikable.  Beckett looks to me like a guy paving his way out of town like Nomar and Manny.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Calling All Sugar Coaters....": [QUOTE]Calling all you delusional sugar coaters........I am dying to hear your take on Josh Beckett's start tonight........... Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE] He made some early mistakes, but "the ball came out of his hand very well", and he said "he felt good", and that his "stuff was there, just a little off on location"......etc. Or was that Lackey? I forget.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

[QUOTE]Eh, I was just expecting someone to throw some stats around trying to demonstrate that the Beckett contract represents a good value and perhaps something to the effect that "compared to other team's 'aces' or '#2's" he's just as good or better".........I was really looking forward to that.....guess I'll have to watch the train wreck that is on NESN now....

That is what they did with Lackey in 2010 in reference to a #2 or #3 but by the middle of 2011 they were sating he was a good value for a #5. lol. Pathetic.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In other words moon should be along any moment now to tell us what a good value Beckett is as a #4.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

In response to "Calling All Sugar Coaters....": [QUOTE]Calling all you delusional sugar coaters........I am dying to hear your take on Josh Beckett's start tonight........... Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE] Wasn't it you, a year or more ago, who wanted the Red Sox to sign Scott Kasmir and John Garland?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]No sugar coating here. This team is a disgrace. But if you listen to kimsaythis, regardless of how they play, we have to think positive and root for our team. HA.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

Yes. Let's NOT root for the team. Let's bash them every chance we get. Let's put so much fear into them, they can barely function without constant worry of not doing well. That'll work.

I'm surprised this isn't one of your threads.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Calling All Sugar Coaters.... : don't you love it when some Sox fans think they are "better" fans because they simply lack a grasp of reality?

So happy you two found each other. That was inevitable.

I'm also glad they had a bash-fest in the media prior to Beckett's start. I'm sure he was well rested, and not at all anxious about pitching in Fenway after that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Calling All Sugar Coaters.... : Why do you laugh at that? If you don't want to root for them then don't. You shouldn't be on this forum then. Try a Rays forum they're doing good ;)
    Posted by zack5042[/QUOTE]

Tell 'em Zack. lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

All that I said is that I feel most of the players are trying and playing hard so I'm still going to root for them. I'm not going to turn on the entire team just because of one or two bad seeds.

Roy, leave it to you spin your drivel into more drivel. I will crticize any player I want, at anytime I want. I will still root for the team, not for a player.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]Wow.........Crickets huh............OK maybe someone here still thinks the Beckett extension was another brilliant move by Theo "Later Suckers" Epstein.......

Theo Theo Theo...... Let it go !!!  iF it wasn't for George Washington maybe this country would n't be so messed up !!! Get it !.... It's over ,move on.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

" Let me be clear", we are 5 days away from "TRANSFORMING" the Boston Red Sox !!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

beckett had too much time off....this is about as much criticism Valentine is allowed to say these days...he should just fall on his sword and quit...that would be more honorable than having to deal with this entitled, lifeless crew....he looked like a defeated man in the post game interview and i felt sad for him...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I'll explain my dislike of this current team:

1) It starts at the top, with ownership. In case you've missed my umpteen posts on the matter, I don't like them. Not one bit. The greed, over commercialization, lack of accountability themselves and not holding players accountable, the back stabbing, and the outright lying to fan's faces that they expect people to buy, which some sadly do.

2) Bobby V. Come to not dislike him as a person, but his mere presence in Boston underlines my above point by how ownership cut out the legs of their OWN GM with this bogus hire. Also, he, apparently, ha no backbone. By design or by order, I have no idea, but anything mildly controversial he says, he immediately back tracks. THat is NOT what was expected out of him.

3) The players don't do it for me. There aren't a whole lot of truly unlikeable players, but there are definitely some, but this is not a good GROUP of players. In fact, I'd venture to call this one of the most poorly constructed group of individuals I've seen in quite some time. Players that I truly root for are few, and many more I'm very indifferent to. Hard to care much about a Ross or Aviles when they'll be here for another few months, maybe one more year. Middlebrooks and all the kids are fun to watch, I wanted to see MORE of them since 2010 when the Sox truly lost their way. Guys that have proven it, in Boston, are being discarded every year for other parts, often with disastrous results. Pap out, Bailey in. VMart/Beltre out, Crawford in. Scutaro out, Aviles in (on the field, fine, in the clubhouse I wonder how much losing Scut has hurt). Ellsbury over, Cameron in. Lackey? So many bizarre moves.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I like what I just heard on the radio, put Beckett on waivers today. Irrevocable.

25. This post has been removed.