Calling for SS heavy teams........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Calling for SS heavy teams........

According to Jon Heyman of CBS Sports, the Cardinals "have not called the Rockies" about Troy Tulowitzki.

Heyman adds that the Rockies have "no interest in trading Tulo anyway." The Cardinals need a shortstop badly and have the kind of pitching prospects that the Rox desire, but it's very rare for a star to be traded during spring training. The Rockies are trying to sell tickets right now. The idea can be revisited this summer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: Calling for SS heavy teams........

Come on Ben...feed the farm system

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

The Red Sox are not a SS heavy team.  We have a SS coming off a major ankle injury and a SS who can't hit in AAA.  Good luck selling that to the cardinals.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to Mchampion's comment:

The Red Sox are not a SS heavy team.  We have a SS coming off a major ankle injury and a SS who can't hit in AAA.  Good luck selling that to the cardinals.

I disagree........sometimes you have to give to get

"Bogaerts said he certainly doesn’t have a timetable for getting to the big leagues, and with Drew and Iglesias ahead of him on the depth chart"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I disagree........sometimes you have to give to get

"Bogaerts said he certainly doesn’t have a timetable for getting to the big leagues, and with Drew and Iglesias ahead of him on the depth chart"

[/QUOTE

Bogaerts is the future I am thinking.  The Cardinals are a winnig organization looking for a major league ready SS.  Of the 3 Drew, Iggy, Bogaerts.  Only Drew is major league quality and he is iffy at best after the ankle.  What are we exactly giving that the Cards want?  They were looking at Tulo,  now he is a major league SS.  I don't see a trade here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I would trade Drew until Iglesias has shown he can hit in AAA. I wouldn't trade Iglesias at his absolute lowest value.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

We should not trade Boegarts for prospects.  Proven MLB player only.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Also: the red sox are not looking for pitching prospects.  We have four awesome ones, and a young rotation.

If we are going to make a major trade, it should be for a middle of the order slugger.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Also: the red sox are not looking for pitching prospects.  We have four awesome ones, and a young rotation.

If we are going to make a major trade, it should be for a middle of the order slugger.

Ski, no matter how many you already have you are always looking for more pitching prospects, always. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Ski, no matter how many you already have you are always looking for more pitching prospects, always. 

I wouldnt disagree with this; however, we have better pitching prospects than hitting prospects.  The notion that we should flip our best hitting prospect for pitching prospects is false.

Yes, pitching is a crapshoot.  Therefore , you can never have enough.  Stockpile, stockpile, stockpile.  However, hitting prospects are for more predictable.  This is why the top draft picks are usually 7 hitter and 3 pitchers.  

Considering that:

a) we have more good pitching prospects than hitting prospects

b) hitting prospects have a lower bust rate than pitching prospects

It doesnt make sense to flip Boegarts for pitching prospects.  Boegarts should be moved for a proven MLB player or not moved at all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I guess what Im trying to say is: the fact that you can never have enough pitching prospects lowers the value of top of the line pitching prospects.  This is because its such a crapshoot that you are better off playing the numbers game than seeking specific prospects and earmarking future spots for them.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I guess what Im trying to say is: the fact that you can never have enough pitching prospects lowers the value of top of the line pitching prospects.  This is because its such a crapshoot that you are better off playing the numbers game than seeking specific prospects and earmarking future spots for them.  

I know what you were trying to say.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

I agree Drewski.  The Sox need to target a young middle of the order slugger.  We have some pitching and there is never enough but you need those middle order power guys too.  They are as hard to come by as ace pitchers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Are you guys talking about Giancarlo Mike Stanton?? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Why would the Cards give up anything prospectwise for Stephen Drew of Iggy?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

Why would the Cards give up anything prospectwise for Stephen Drew of Iggy?

Desperate

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I agree Drewski.  The Sox need to target a young middle of the order slugger.  We have some pitching and there is never enough but you need those middle order power guys too.  They are as hard to come by as ace pitchers.

Especially when you trade the ones you have away, or not re-sign them. Bay, Agon, Vmart, Beltre, Reddick, just to name a few.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:

I agree Drewski.  The Sox need to target a young middle of the order slugger.  We have some pitching and there is never enough but you need those middle order power guys too.  They are as hard to come by as ace pitchers.

Especially when you trade the ones you have away, or not re-sign them. Bay, Agon, Vmart, Beltre, Reddick, just to name a few.

Reddick is not a middle of the order hitter.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Boston has nothing to offer.

If the Cards make a move, more likely targets are Dee Gordon,  Danny Espinosa or JJ Hardy...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Reddick is not a middle of the order hitter.

Neither is Bay.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

You're right.  Bay's and Vmart have averaged 8 HR each over the past two seasons.

That would've looked great in the 3/4 slots.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

Ali lists Reddick as a middle of the order batter? Dumb

Seems like he posts just so people can ridicule him.

Sections
Shortcuts