Calling out softlaw.....

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Calling out softlaw.....

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

Yes it does and the red sox front office could care less who or who did not predict the sox to be first.  

I didn't project the standings, numerically. I did project 88 to 91 wins for the Red Sox and a bubble playoff title pretender roster construction. Let's all hope I'm wrong. 

You are already wrong, but let us hope that they do accomplish the only thing that they can do for which you will not label them failures.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Why does Softy not use the reply feature and highlight his trxt in a light grey? It is extremely hard to hard fellow sometimes.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NLU75. Show NLU75's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Reading Softy's last post made my eyes droop in the same way they did when I tried to read Das Kapital.

[/QUOTE    Space, I finally agree with Softy,  I hope we play the Indians in the ALDS

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I get my talking points from Softlaw, just like Obama gets his talking points from K. Marx. However, don't confuse me with Softlaw and don't confuse Obama with Marx. I already gave myself an F for my projection on Red Sox total regular season wins of 91. Joe gave himself a B for projecting 89 wins and a playoff spot and AL playoff exit. Now, at 96 wins, with 3 games to go, the breakdown of the Yankees losing Tex, Jeter and A-Roid was no suprise, but losing Tex with the other two was the straw that finished the Yankees and helped the Red Sox get 5 or 6 more wins that I failed to anticipate. Fundamentally, I still see this Red Sox team as the "a bubble playoff championship pretender team" I called them before this season started. I hope I'm wrong on that, and I also said that Middlebrooks was the key for the Red Sox having any remote chance at all to win the AL.  I hope I'm wrong on that, and I like how Middlebrooks is showing his obvious talents after being mishandled by Red Sox middle management with a demotion instead of the DL he needed because of injuries, all in the name of asuaging the ego of their absurd 9.5 "investment" in part-timer S. Drew. If Middlebrooks shines in the playoffs, the Red Sox have a chance, because he addresses what otherwise would be a fatal flaw for an AL title team.      

As usual, the Rays always remain as pretenders, joined by the Indians. Red Sox need to hope the Rangers don't clip the Rays or Indians, because the Rangers are a greater challenge to the Red Sox in a playoff series.  

The Tigers remain the probability favorite, outside Red Sox fan and mass media mania. The A's are back in the playoffs for the 2nd straight season and are a most dangerous heavy underdog team. 

Folks, this is going to be one of the most entertaining post seasons in a long time, for all baseball fans except Hill. His "young Mariners", as he says every single season, never seem to do more than that. 

For the Red Sox and the massive labor costs payroll, to claim they did the job they are collectively paid to do, their labor must either win the title or lose in the WS in a well played WS to any NL team but the Pirates.  The same can be said for the Dodgers and the Tigers. Accountability comes to those with much, which is a favorite economic class warfare tenet of a late First Lady.  

It appears as though the matchups of Red Sox and Tigers and then Red Sox and A's is not possible, but replace the Indians for the Tigers or A's and the matchups are intensely compelling.

My hope is that the Red Sox and Indians play in ALDS, while the Red Sox meet the Tigers or A's for the ALCS.

In the WS, I'd like to see the Red Sox and the Dodgers in an instant classic matchup that requires some quick research going back to Brooklyn. Neil Diamond might decline a WS Sweet Carolina Fenway 7th inning stretch, I mean Sweet Caroline Kennedy Sloshberg. I think Neil's reached an age where lip sync might be needed for October baseball on the New Southern Ireland frigid nights. But I digress.

I'd also love to see Red Sox and Cards, which inculdes the added benefit of a learning opportunity for MLB baseball value and fit challenged Red Sox middle management to study why the Cards are the gold standard for the non-small-market baseball franchises.  

I'd also love to see Red Sox and Braves, which provides an instant classic matchup and another learning opportunity for Red Sox middle management. 

Even the Red Sox vs. The Reds would bring back memories of double knit leisure suits, stack shoes, 'fros, and Bench and Yaz et al. I hit some golfballs next to Jim Rice a few months ago, and it's the same powerful baseball swing with more bending over at the hips to hit the ball near that down and in position that most lefty hitters looking for power, love (For the captious, I know Jim Rice hits from the right side of the ball). Rice was hitting it high and far and deep, if not always Hoganesque on accuracy of ballflight. As he used his massive wrists and forearms to muscle the clubhead through the ball, I wondered whether he had a smaller rounded gear for the touch shots. I knew he was in the area to get away from the media sales business and relax and enjoy the greatest game ever played, so I didn't even ponder speaking to him. Several friends of mine asked me, "is that Jim Rice"? I said, "no, but he looks just like him except Red Sox HOF Jim Rice is a lot taller than that".

Red Sox vs Pirates would also be a compelling matchup of the greedy rich vs. the poor.

Friends, and I consider all fellow Red Sox fans as friends, I'm excited about our first post season appearance in 4 years! It took a long time and a lot of money shotgunned in a wide swath, but we're finally in again!!!!!!!!!!!!  I have gone down into my libations' catacombs and instructed my Baja independent contractor to bring up 10 cases of my finest bottled lagers.  And when that Red Sox 3rd baseman puts the sweet spot of the bat, on the ball, my spirits will soar as I watch the artform of using fluid tempo and rhythm to produce nearly effortless bat speed. 

I've already planned ahead on roster construction for future years, but I will take a few breaks to see how the 2013 roster construction turns out. It will either crumble, teeter, or stand tall. Breaking Bad is bad drama but good comedy, but the Red Sox in the post season is the very best entertainment in the only reality TV with some redeeming social value.

Did anyone read that?

Wow.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to 17Again's comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to 17Again's comment:

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Come now my dear BDC ally.... time to man up and admit your wrongs. I wonder if you ever have? Or if you can? I know you thrive on standing alone and strive to be the solo resident on an island of self-logic but how can you continue to harp on the negatives in one of the best runs of our teams history?

In fact you need not admit your wrongs so long as you stop trying to re-reason your positions from the spring. Simply grab a BoSox hat and cheer for the team! I know you are a baseball junkie, I respect your opinions (normally), and I look forward to your schooling of moon in December! 

Now is a time for positivity, a time to be a fan who against all expectations has now found themselves on top of the world because their team, an underdogs underdog, has their lips on that big champagne glass - that world series champagne.

Are you also calling every sports writer in Boston to admit they were wrong?  I hope whoever picked the sox to be in this position, also has this much luck and wisdom when playing the lottery.

Perhaps it is not so much about folks picking the Sox to be in this position; But, rather that some folks merely allowed for this possibility, not writing epitaphs for the 2013 Sox before the season had even begun ... like some folk did ...

Possibly it was dan shaugnessy using the handle softy.  Whatever the case, so what.  The sox are moving on, if you or anyone else picked the sox to be first, then good for you.  Print out your post where you picked them to be first and head over to the sox ticket office.  See if they exchange your post for a couple of playoff tickets.

[/QUOTE]

I actually don't make predictions.  I actually enjoy watching the whole unpredictable story unfold without hanging my ego hat on some arbitrary prediction.  Now if someone (Moon) wants to extrapolate as to outcomes based on statistical analysis, that is one thing.  baseball is numbers and i love numbers.  But, all the blah-blah about what this team is or isn't going to do, its meaningless and by and large, sportswriter and BDC poster alike, is just a silly posture to stroke one's own ego.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Peter Pumpkinhead came to town
    Spreading wisdom and cash around
    Fed the starving and housed the poor
    Showed the vatican what gold's for
    But he made too many enemies
    Of the people who would keep us on our knees
    Hooray for Peter Pumpkin
    Who'll pray for Peter Pumpkinhead?
    Oh my!
    Peter Pumpkinhead pulled them all
    Emptied churches and shopping malls
    Where he spoke, it would raise the roof
    Peter Pumpkinhead told the truth
    But he made too many enemies...
    Peter Pumpkinhead put to shame
    Governments who would slur his name
    Plots and sex scandals failed outright
    Peter merely said
    Any kind of love is alright
    Peter Pumpkinhead was too good
    Had him nailed to a chunk of wood
    He died grinning on live TV
    Hanging there he looked a lot like you
    And an awful lot like me!
    Hooray for Peter Pumpkin
    Who'll pray for Peter Pumpkin
    Hooray for Peter Pumpkinhead
    Oh my oh my oh!
    Doesn't it make you want to cry oh?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

As DAD would say ...................   SON, Softlaw will be back after he takes care of  "O-CARE & SAVES the Country"  !!!!

My guess is you don't actually know the first thing about "O-Care".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

Let's get one thing on the table re. the $180 M Payroll:

Is that the amount all teams can spend if they choose to????            YES

Is it the Red Sox fault or the Yankees or the Angels or the Dodgers fault that they choose to spend to the Max???  And the Ray's  and  A's  Owners along with every other team and their  management that chooses to keep the TV money and other funding that flows through their hands.                                                                                  NO                                                                            

I don't feel badly that the Sox Management Reinvests money in Fenway and Players Contracts. I don't begrudge them buying a Racing Team and a Soccer Team. If I had their money and someone tried to tell me how to spend my hard earned money---I would tell the so and so to find a new team to root for. I would Say Team Red Sox is doing just fine without certain people calling management out.                    Go play in a sandbox and control your little world.    

Softy Law and whatever you alias is currently---I think you said months ago you had kept previous posts-----it seems to me 85 was perhaps your MAX win total.    

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

My guess is you don't actually know the first thing about "O-Care".

Apparently, it's similar to Green Eggs and Ham.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to MadMc1944's comment:

Softy Law and whatever you alias is currently---I think you said months ago you had kept previous posts-----it seems to me 85 was perhaps your MAX win total.    

I do remember him calling the Red Sox a 'bubble playoff team' or something similar.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

No, I'm not already wrong. Wrong on the 91 wins projection, remains to be seen on the "bubble playoff title pretender roster contruction". Let's hope I'm wrong on the essence of success for the big market and big payroll Red Sox 2013 season.

Hey Soft one....remember when you awkwardly told us A while ago that you kept a backup drive full of posts?  You would stalk us and tell us you saved our predictions and said "I noted that you etc etc".  Do us all a favor and find the post where you predicted 91 wins.  You and I both know that's a load of garbage.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to 37stories's comment:

I get my talking points from Softlaw, ...

Did anyone read that?

Wow.

I stopped reading after "I get my talking points from softlaw ... "

Of course, I thought it was cute how he referred to himself in the third person. That was special.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

In response to MadMc1944's comment:

[QUOTE]

I do remember him calling the Red Sox a 'bubble playoff team' or something similar.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I noted that on my backup drive as well.  But, best record in the American league is a far cry from bubble playoff team.  So, even on that, his most positive note, he is wrong.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Joe gave himself a B for projecting 89 wins and a playoff spot and AL playoff exit.

1-I don't grade myself.

2-I predicted 89 wins and 1st place.

3-I did not predict a playoff exit, since it makes no sense to me to predict coin flips.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

As DAD would say ...................   SON, Softlaw will be back after he takes care of  "O-CARE & SAVES the Country"  !!!!

What a great thread.  Lot's of LMAO here... thanks for that peeps.

But, this guy..... WTH?

15,000+ posts of "notice me".  

Bill-806,  have something to say.... or, shhhh!!!  Wow.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Hey I disagree with a few of their moves, past and present! But the team gelled... time to get behind it! In fact we should have all been onboard by mid-August.

Agree with you 100%!! 

What happened to the "wait till the dog days of summer come along"?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

So, exactly what was your role when you were defending our great nation?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8wZ9nxPd68

Seriously, Algernon, I wouldn't trust you to swap the deck.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

probably the best post you have ever made old friend. give my regards to your brother-in-law and tell him to always check his jesus nut.

Thank you for your overly generous compliment, but Mike "Loopica" and "Curly Haired Boy" set low standards;)

I will pass that on to my brother-in-law, who is flying some of his last SH-3 Sea King hovers before retiring from piloting airships. From the UH1-C to the Sea King, since 1967. One of the best of a generation. 

I hear ya man. I got a buddy who is still flying blackhawks with an air national guard unit and he flew with the 7th cav for 3 tours. He once told me with a smile on his face that the day he stops strapping in is when they pull the cyclic and collective from his cold dead hands. lol. Not an easy thing to step away from which I'm sure your brother-in -law will totally agree. Sounds like he was alot earlier than me man. my bird was a UH1-H Slick. Many many folks have no idea of what kind of stones you had to have to fly helo's, and especially in combat. Truely the last of the old west gunslingers past,present and future.  a very special breed of person. and I say person because now we have female chopper pilots as well. "whew"

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts