Calling Out the SoftFiremans 91 win 'claim'

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Re: Calling Out the SoftFiremans 91 win 'claim'

He didn't say 91. 

I wouldn't even bother arguing with him about it. He is here to be made fun of not to be argued with.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Softbrain never answers "callouts".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Softbrain never answers "callouts".

I noticed.....the last time he did he spoke of Jim Rice's large forearms..........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

If I remember correctly softlaw said this team would be lucky to win 69 games again.  Who does he think he's fooling?  I guess the better question is,  how does he still think he's fooling people?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I predicted they'd win at least 97 games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Softy is more clever than you guys are giving him credit for.  My recollection is that he said the Sox should be a 'bubble playoff team pretender' with 88-91 wins, because of their 'massive payroll'.  He covered his bases. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Softy is more clever than you guys are giving him credit for.  My recollection is that he said the Sox should be a 'bubble playoff team pretender' with 88-91 wins, because of their 'massive payroll'.  He covered his bases. 

I remember him saying that the RS didn't have anywhere near the talent level of the Blue Jays or LAA.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I see the OP is gone.  Did someone that might have been offended complain about it?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

I remember him saying that as well. And yes, very clever.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

If I remember correctly softlaw said this team would be lucky to win 69 games again.  Who does he think he's fooling?  I guess the better question is,  how does he still think he's fooling people?

I remember that, too

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

I remember that, too

Nice to see you are one of the few suffering from dementia. Two of my many captious critics, southpaux and hfxsoxnut, remember what Softlaw actually wrote on 2013 Red Sox projected win totals. Yankees losing Tex, with Jeter and A-Roid, was the difference in the 6 or 7 more wins above the 91 high end projection. This Red Sox team is grossly overrated.

Overrated?  They have the best record in the AL. 

If you want to argue they overachieved, that is one thing.  But a team that outperforms even the most optimisitic expectations is not overrated. 

In fact, that is pretty much the definition of "underrated"...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Good grief, softlaw, they're 97-63, and you're trying to make a case that they're overrated because they're 13-6 vs. the Yanks.

Oakland is 15-4 vs. the Astros. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

As DAD would say ..................   "SON, that SOFTY guy is one of the best baseball minds on this board, he really knows how to upset the PRETENDERS"  !!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

As DAD would say ..................   "SON, that SOFTY guy is one of the best baseball minds on this board, he really knows how to upset the PRETENDERS"  !!!!!!

And there's Softy's ventriloquist dummy, right on cue. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

Overrated?  They have the best record in the AL. 

If you want to argue they overachieved, that is one thing.  But a team that outperforms even the most optimisitic expectations is not overrated. 

In fact, that is pretty much the definition of "underrated"...

Two salient points you missed. Post season defines whether a massive payroll big market team is overrated or not. "Expectations", while subjective, can hardly be realistic when they expect the 2013 labor payroll to be worse than a bubble playoff max 91 win team. 

I hope I'm wrong, but that doesn't happen often. I project this Red Sox team roster construction will be exposed in the playoffs, despite the Grade AAA season management performance from John Farrell.

Who cares what his lame prediction was?  He always hedges his bets, which are consistently negative with respect to most RS players and this team as a whole.

The fact still remains that he GAVE this team ZERO chance of having a big season.  On the other hand, I made the early x + (x + 20) = 162 prediction & stood by all the way.  He once argued against it on a thread I can't find.  I had them pegged at 91 since pre-season.  I was so wrong :)  Stiffy has done nothing but slam this team since pre-season.

The best part!   He has hated this incredible RS season, which is manifestly obvious with his extended vacation from BDC.  He now wants to jump on the bandwagon, desperately claiming ONE TRUE prediction.  You gotta love it!!!!  How pathetic is this???  :)   :)   oh oh  I once said they should be able to win 88 - 91 with this big payroll...............   forget about the fact that I gave them ZERO actual chance to do so in every other thread.  LOL   You are so pathetic stiffy  :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

I see the OP is gone.  Did someone that might have been offended complain about it?

It's still on my 'forum thread'

This is what I wrote...didn't think it waranted to be deleted...I guess they don't like side bets...;-) :

You said you thought the Sox would win 91 games.......you also said you had a hard drive full of our 'predictions'.  Stop hiding and produce some REAL FACTS (slimy lawyer) that you do indeed have these 'thruths' to back you up.

Let's make a deal......you produce the link that says BEFORE the season started that you thought the Sox would win 91 games....I delete my account never to visit here again and I give you $100. If you can't.....you go away and give me $100.  Everything is via Paypal which I know you have.......Deal??????  Put up or shut up kiddo.......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Again.....

The salient point being, saying that a team "should be able to win 88 - 91 games based on their inflated payroll is FAR DIFFERENT than saying what the WILL WIN. 

Has anybody ever met ANYONE so obsessed with spinning being correct.  Especially someone so obsessed with claiming to have been right, despite mountains of evidence to the contrary.  It's actually sad to witness someone with such a severe case of little man's complex.  If it wasn't so funny, & so deserving to watch this blow-hard be proven wrong, I might actually feel sorry for the guy :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Hey billy,  keep blowing smoke rings up stiffy's behind.  I'm sure he will throw you a bone one of these days.  Did anybody see billy's ilovestiffysomuchi'dgodownonhim.com website?  Good stuff!  A bit icky, but very revealing.  ;)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

[QUOTE]

Hey billy,  keep blowing smoke rings up stiffy's behind.  I'm sure he will throw you a bone one of these days.  Did anybody see billy's ilovestiffysomuchi'dgodownonhim.com website?  Good stuff!  A bit icky, but very revealing.  ;)

[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I project this Red Sox team roster construction will be exposed in the playoffs, 

SOP for all the haters and losers.  When the RS have a great regualr season, say it doesn't count unless they win in the playoffs.  And if we win the ALDS, then your comeback will be that it was only because we played the wildcard team.  If we win ALCS, you'll say it was because the other team was dimished by playing a better team.  And ultimately, if we do not win the WS, it was because of poor roster construction.

You need to find some new material.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I gotta hand it to Stiffy.....   At least he knows when he's over-matched :)

He's all over every other thread at the moment, but he knows when he's licked

Sections
Shortcuts