Calling Out the SoftFiremans 91 win 'claim'

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Re: Calling Out the SoftFiremans 91 win 'claim'

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

Overrated?  They have the best record in the AL. 

If you want to argue they overachieved, that is one thing.  But a team that outperforms even the most optimisitic expectations is not overrated. 

In fact, that is pretty much the definition of "underrated"...

Two salient points you missed. Post season defines whether a massive payroll big market team is overrated or not. "Expectations", while subjective, can hardly be realistic when they expect the 2013 labor payroll to be worse than a bubble playoff max 91 win team. 

I hope I'm wrong, but that doesn't happen often. I project this Red Sox team roster construction will be exposed in the playoffs, despite the Grade AAA season management performance from John Farrell.

Their roster construction has been "exposed" all season long on the way to the best record in baseball. Glad to see you have a positive outlook for the playoffs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

I gotta hand it to Stiffy.....   At least he knows when he's over-matched :)

He's all over every other thread at the moment, but he knows when he's licked

Did Bill have anything to do with this?  Innocent

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

No need for homophobic stuff.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

No need for homophobic stuff.

No homophobic rhetoric intended Hfx!  Just messin with him.  In fact, I've been his biggest foe with respect to HIS homophobic rhetoric.  Check the record.  Nobody on this board has called out Softy, 67, & Lil' Billy for their omnipresent homophobia more consistently than me.  Nobody.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

All my 'funnin' is in reference to Lil' billy being the biggest kiss up / arrrrssss  in BDC history.  ;)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

My recollection is that he said the Sox should be a 'bubble playoff team pretender' with 88-91 wins, because of their 'massive payroll'.  He covered his bases.

Your recollection is correct, other than the opinionated speculation under the meaningless phrase "covered all his bases".

And now we know.........l

softlaw2's comment:

"Adam's trying to find readers, so he's always clueless. The lineup the Red Sox have is as bad as it looks. This team won't be near the leaders when Lap 162 rolls around. Making the playoffs and going out early would be exceeding expectations. This is the worst Red Sox team, with a flashy one month record, that I've ever seen. I've seen a lot of Red Sox team have a great first half, then fall apart. I hope this team has a good record by the start of August, and doesn't implode with structural flaws failing. I find the probably high that this team is going to flop by the time the season ending story is correctly written. No point in writing a column about how well they are doing, on May 1."

the above quote is Softy back in May!

softy is a manifest liar!

How does a guy become so delusional that he has to lie to claim a correct prediction, when the entire BDC Red Sox Forum knows exactly where Softy stood on this team.  How low can you go Softy?

yet, my guess is.......  He will "bitterly cling" to this obscure comment about what this Sox team "should do given their huge payroll."  Of course, we all know he was saying this to show how BC had grossly overspent on "washed up nobodies," as the stiff one put it back during Spring Training.

Poor stiffy........  Caught in yet another lie, desperately trying to ease his twisted mind about all the pathetic predictions he made about this Red Sox team, and 95% of our players.

LOL!     This guy is seriously tweaking!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Love to watch Stiffy try to convince folks that he actually made this prediction.  :)  Too much fun!

Sections
Shortcuts