Calling the Miami Marlins...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FL33178. Show FL33178's posts

Calling the Miami Marlins...

Just contact the Marlins and make them an offer they can't refuse for Stanton......We take care of the outfield and get our RH power bat for a long time....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: Calling the Miami Marlins...

In response to FL33178's comment:

Just contact the Marlins and make them an offer they can't refuse for Stanton......We take care of the outfield and get our RH power bat for a long time....

Xander Bogaerts, Jackie Bradley Jr., Garin Cecchini, Mookie Betts and Henry Owens.

Done.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Xander Bogaerts, Jackie Bradley Jr., Garin Cecchini, Mookie Betts and Henry Owens.

Done.

[/QUOTE]Ben C. here you keep the .250 hitting RF, I ain't trading any of the guys you want anytime soon.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Ummmm.....no

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Forget Stanton. He'd probably be a great fit, I just don't want to empty the farm system when it's finally producing a ton of good players that are close to major league ready. If the Red Sox hold onto their prospects, they're going to be unbelievably stacked at relatively short dollars in 2015 and beyond. Keep in mind that the Yankees teams that won four championships in five years were built primarily through the farm system. The ideal scenraio for any big market franchise, of which the Red Sox are obviously one, is to have so many young cost-controlled organizational talent that you can take advantage of your extra resources to extend them to club-friendly early extensions and to supplement the one or two roster holes in free agency with elite acquisitions. I want that to be the model going forward, even if it means taking one step back in 2014.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

[QUOTE]

Done.

[/QUOTE]

Hill Billy ---somebody take his temperature----way out of character for you. NO---we made that same kind of a trade a few years ago involving Hanley.

Giancarlo is a horse that would be perfect in our lineup---as you say for a few years to come.

My feeling I would trade for one season of Ichiro before I would empty the farm for Stanton.

Can you imagine what a treat it would be for the fans of Boston to have a guy like Ichiro playing in our yard. That's a  trade I would make.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to MadMc1944's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Done.

[/QUOTE]

Hill Billy ---somebody take his temperature----way out of character for you. NO---we made that same kind of a trade a few years ago involving Hanley.

Giancarlo is a horse that would be perfect in our lineup---as you say for a few years to come.

My feeling I would trade for one season of Ichiro before I would empty the farm for Stanton.

Can you imagine what a treat it would be for the fans of Boston to have a guy like Ichiro playing in our yard. That's a  trade I would make.

[/QUOTE]

who has that pic of the Wayback machine?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Bogaerts, Owens, Barnes, Renaudo, Webster. You can keep Positional Players, you want to turn a Franchise around fast, you do it with Pitching. Remember the 69 Mets.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Done.

[/QUOTE]Ben C. here you keep the .250 hitting RF, I ain't trading any of the guys you want anytime soon.

[/QUOTE]

Brilliant!

We've been playing without a SS for this long.....  Why not continue

Ahhhh...  Rediculous!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

3 years is not as long as you'd think, and Vic had a way higher WAR in RF last year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Why do we need to change a team roster that just won a world series. The most simple move for the sox is to sign FA ex jay OF Davis this will give the Sox  speed / base stealer ( he stole 45 bases last season) to replace Ellsbury. OF can be Victorino davis bradley nava gomes (carp can be utility OF and 1B).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Done.

[/QUOTE]

Brilliant!

We've been playing without a SS for this long.....  Why not continue

Ahhhh...  Rediculous!!!

[/QUOTE]

I agree sign Drew (short term) and have Boaegarts play two back up positions and he will  get plenty of playing time 3B and SS for this season by end the season xander will be a good major league ball player.

Sections
Shortcuts