Calm down, please...... In Ben I trust .........

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: Calm down, please...... In Ben I trust .........

concerned about Sox lack of pitching though.......and lack of making a move to repair it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Just because they havent got another pitcher before Thanksgiving doesnt mean anything. Plenty of time to make some deals Ice.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Too much "PANIC" in the early going......  I have full trust in Ben C. doing the right things/moves...... Forget the Marlons & Jays, that was just a "dump" of overrated, overpaid player$ ....  How did that work out for th Dodgers ??.... All the Jays just did was to get $uckered !!!

[/QUOTE]

Wow, Bill being optimistic...who'd of thunk it!

However, the results of the Dodger deal are not complete yet...if they make the postseason in 2013 led by AGon and Crawford, how will the deal look then??

Who says the Jays got suckered?? They fortified their team for 2013 and now will be the primary competition to the Yankees for the division...if the Yanks don't become overaged all at once.

Funny how the Jays were suckered acquiring these Marlin players, while the word is that the Sox had talks about Reyes and Johnson themselves...2 guys many on this board advocated that they acquire.

Reyes is a significant upgrade to Escobar, he just comes with a big price tag. Johnson is a top of the rotation pitcher when healthy, and Buerhle is a solid #3.

Since the Jays are looking to make a statement NOW, while Bautista and Encarnarcion are still producing for them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Ben is doing a fine job. Why , he just acquired the best third string catcher in the business.  It is okay if we finish in the cellar again. No worrry . The " kids " will be ready soon.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

[QUOTE]

Too much "PANIC" in the early going......  I have full trust in Ben C. doing the right things/moves...... Forget the Marlons & Jays, that was just a "dump" of overrated, overpaid player$ ....  How did that work out for th Dodgers ??.... All the Jays just did was to get $uckered !!!

[/QUOTE] A couple of days ago the jays were 35-1 in las vegas future books for the 2013 WS....now they joined the big boys,Rangers,Yanks,Angels.Reds,Giants, and just behind the fav's the tigers and nationals without actually depleting their very good farm system.Suckered?????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ben is doing a fine job. Why , he just acquired the best third string catcher in the business.  It is okay if we finish in the cellar again. No worrry . The " kids " will be ready soon.

[/QUOTE]

Yup, the off season is over!!

We're DOOMED!!

The Sox are already eliminated from the 2013 playoffs!

Ridiculous...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The offseason is still early.  

I read a rumor that Toronto is after Bobby Cox.  I know Cox used to manage the Blue Jays in the early to mid-80s.  

I think Toronto should pursuade Cito Gaston to manage the team again.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

WE're DOOMED!!

Ridiculous...

[/QUOTE]

When the Sox actually are eliminated from the 2013 playoffs, you will still be defending Cherington.  You just don't want to face facts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bill, I can see you have developed PESD. You are starting to sound like the other kool-aid drinkers on this forum.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

The Red Sox are still trying to play the moneyball game. Instead of just going out and getting the players they need to win a championship, they are acting on the cheap and putting OBP ahead of production.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Red Sox are still trying to play the moneyball game. Instead of just going out and getting the players they need to win a championship, they are acting on the cheap and putting OBP ahead of production.

[/QUOTE]

Huh?  Did I miss them acquiring some high-OBP guys recently?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bill, I can see you have developed PESD. You are starting to sound like the other kool-aid drinkers on this forum.

[/QUOTE]

Can you believe some of the pollyanna crap that has been posted on this thread.  Ike, let me tell you that Pollyannism is running rampant on this board.  My God, don't they know that we have perhaps the worst GM in the business running the show?  He has two speed, slower and slowest and from his miserable job last winter why anyone would have confidence in the guy is beyond me. We're still picking coaches while other teams are signing or trading players.  By the  time Bunglin' Benny gets moving every player we wanted will be gone.  You just watch

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

BUMP

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Yeah, whats all the panic about, don't worry Young Ben is going to do something big like Larry Luchinno always says, this might mean we will get Jason Bay at a major league minimal salary, three years too late. We are always in on stuff preliminarily but could not meet in the middle. Tired of hearing this BS.

We have a puppet GM who is a "Babe in the woods" and Larry Luchinno who the game has passed by as the puppet master. What a joke this franchise has become, really, really sad, acting like paupers and a small market team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You really need to do some research.  Moneyball is not about OBP, it's about finding unappreciated value....you would know that if you read the book, but why should you read when you can rant ignorantly on the internet?

Also, are you aware of the correlation between OBP and runs scored?  Again, you must not be or you wouldn't be ranting ignorantly.

By "production", please don't tell me you're talking about RBI!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to seabeachfred's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Can you believe some of the pollyanna crap that has been posted on this thread.  Ike, let me tell you that Pollyannism is running rampant on this board.  My God, don't they know that we have perhaps the worst GM in the business running the show?  He has two speed, slower and slowest and from his miserable job last winter why anyone would have confidence in the guy is beyond me. We're still picking coaches while other teams are signing or trading players.  By the  time Bunglin' Benny gets moving every player we wanted will be gone.  You just watch

[/QUOTE]

The demographic around here is really getting me down......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

WE're DOOMED!!

Ridiculous...

[/QUOTE]

When the Sox actually are eliminated from the 2013 playoffs, you will still be defending Cherington.  You just don't want to face facts.

[/QUOTE]

What facts are those, Dale?

Did you want to trade for Buerhle and his 48mil/3 year contract?

Or Reyes for his 96 mi/ 5 year contract?

Does that sound like a good plan to you?

I'm sure they'd be real diffrence-makkers, considering the Marlin's record last year.

I don't need to wait until the Sox are out of the playoffs next year.

If BC doesn't make some moves to try to improve the pitching staff, by the start of ST, I'll be pissed.

But, I'm also not 12.

I can understand that the Sox are going to have all their moves completed 3 WEEKS after the season ends.

If you've got more "facts" for me, let's hear them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to seabeachfred's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is that why Sawxheads is so "civil", Fred?

No one is allowed to be a "pollyanna"?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Forget the Marlons?? Byrd, Brando, Wayans, and Anderson, are the only Marlons I can remember.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, whats all the panic about, don't worry Young Ben is going to do something big like Larry Luchinno always says, this might mean we will get Jason Bay at a major league minimal salary, three years too late. We are always in on stuff preliminarily but could not meet in the middle. Tired of hearing this BS.

We have a puppet GM who is a "Babe in the woods" and Larry Luchinno who the game has passed by as the puppet master. What a joke this franchise has become, really, really sad, acting like paupers and a small market team.

[/QUOTE]

Three years too late on Jason Bay? Really?

So you thought we should have beaten the Mets offer of 4x$16.5 three years ago, but you'd complain now if he was brought back for a minimal-risk roll of the dice? Explain that one to me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

If the Sox had made the trade the jays just did, I guarantee the same people whining like petulant little babies about how slow the Sox are moving and BC's inability to pull the trigger, those same people would be crying to the heavens by June about the albatross contracts and "Remember the Crawford!!"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the Sox had made the trade the jays just did, I guarantee the same people whining like petulant little babies about how slow the Sox are moving and BC's inability to pull the trigger, those same people would be crying to the heavens by June about the albatross contracts and "Remember the Crawford!!"

[/QUOTE]

Nailed it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nailed it.

[/QUOTE]

Yup....replacements for Beckett, Crawford and Gonzo's albatross contracts. Not every trade is for or able to be done by every team, for various reasons.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

WE're DOOMED!!

Ridiculous...

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What facts are those, Dale?

Did you want to trade for Buerhle and his 48mil/3 year contract?

Or Reyes for his 96 mi/ 5 year contract?

Does that sound like a good plan to you?

I'm sure they'd be real diffrence-makkers, considering the Marlin's record last year.

I don't need to wait until the Sox are out of the playoffs next year.

If BC doesn't make some moves to try to improve the pitching staff, by the start of ST, I'll be pissed.

But, I'm also not 12.

I can understand that the Sox are going to have all their moves completed 3 WEEKS after the season ends.

If you've got more "facts" for me, let's hear them.

[/QUOTE]

I live in Southern Ontario, always been a Red Sox fan first. The city of Toronto and their sports team needed to catch the fans eyes. I went to live Blue Jay games, and see a lot of empty seats. It is a gamble for the Jays organization, but is a good marketing plan at the moment to get fans back to the stadium. Sports is a business do what you need to do to make money by getting into the post season. It did not pan out for Miami now we just wait and see if will for the Jays.

I agree with you 4 b's that the Red Sox need to strengthen their pitching roster first.

Sections
Shortcuts