Camden Yards Question

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Camden Yards Question

I'm taking the family to Baltimore at the end of August.  I'm Staying at the Hyatt Regency Inner Harbor.  I scored great tickets to a crappy game on Stub Hub O's and Jays $10 for $40 tickets.  Even if we stay for a few innings it's totally worth it.  My two girls 6 and 9 loved the minor league game they went to resently.

My question to anyone who may have been there.  Is it safe to walk the few blocks from the Hotel down Conway St., with the family and night, to and from the Park?  Thanks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Campden Yards Question

I've been to a ton of games (well, about 15) at Camden Yards and always walked from distant parking with no problems.  It probably helps to get there about an hour early if your girls can stand it.  Great ballpark that really set a new standard that others have followed.  Since you aren't planning to watch the whole game, I entirely agree you will have a great time.  Inner Harbor is also pretty cool.  I live in Fairfax County, VA. 

These days the Orioles fans are not quite up to the cognescenti who used to watch Earl Weaver and company.  To keep attendance up, they do a lot of "minor league" stuff to appeal to fans of all ages and interests.  But it's still fun. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Stay along Harborplace and Inner Harbor...I took a wrong turn and went a few blocks west and I felt I was in a dasater area...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Thanks max and beavis I appreciate the info.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Take the entire family to Hooters on the Harbor, they have great wings.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

In Response to Re: Campden Yards Question:
    Posted by BurritoT

LOL...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crmn19. Show crmn19's posts

In Response to Re: Campden Yards Question : LOL...
    Posted by beavis

And they float too. The hotel is basically right there (and is even noted on the O's website).  The inner harbor area is one of the city's main tourist centers.  From my experience there is always ample security on the street. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Posted by BurritoT

I'm not a fan of Hooters the food sucks and now a days most restaurants have hot waitresses and more importantly the M I L F's and hot girls arn't eating at Hooters.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

You'll be 100% fine.  You'll love Camden too.  Excellent blend of modern amenities with old school feel.  Friendly staff and fans.

From the Hyatt to Camden is 110% safe.  I hope you have a most excellent time.

Chris
    NoVA

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Thanks crmn19 and cglassanos

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from boissroy. Show boissroy's posts

Next to Camden Yards is the birthplace of Babe Ruth. And up the street is the burial site of Edgar Allen Poe. As we walked along the inner harbor we came across scores of Red Sox fans. The ballfield is nice but Fenway is more animated with plenty of activities. The Baltimore fans were good and informed. We stayed at the Hampton Inn and we walked 15 seconds to the stadium. And down the street was the home of the Ravens. The inner harbor was only 4 blocks away. We strayed a bit outside of the harbor but never had a problem. Nice aquarium. Nice place. Met 1983 World Series MVP Rick Dempsey at Fells point and he was very funny. Great time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Camden Yards Question

Good info boissroy.  Anyone ever use the Harbor Water Taxi?  Just wondering if it's worth purchasing advance tickets online.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Yes, it is very safe.  The whole place has been rebuilt even after the ball park.  Behind the ballpark, there are small outdoor bars with drink specials.  You will have a great time!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: Camden Yards Question:
    Good info boissroy.  Anyone ever use the Harbor Water Taxi?  Just wondering if it's worth purchasing advance tickets online.
    Posted by tcal2-

There are competing water taxis but either one is fine.  No need to buy the tix early unless there is a discount.  I have been there on weekends with all Sox fans and it is still easy to hop on and off.  Take the ride to Fells Point for quaint shopping and MORE DRINKS!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: Camden Yards Question : There are competing water taxis but either one is fine.  No need to buy the tix early unless there is a discount.  I have been there on weekends with all Sox fans and it is still easy to hop on and off.  Take the ride to Fells Point for quaint shopping and MORE DRINKS!
    Posted by jimdavis

Thanks Jim

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Re: Campden Yards Question : I'm not a fan of Hooters the food sucks and now a days most restaurants have hot waitresses and more importantly the M I L F's and hot girls arn't eating at Hooters.
    Posted by tcal2-

Their food is fairly poor... I was just kidding with you. With working for NASCAR we went to Hooters often and it always surprised me to see 2 or 3 families eating a meal. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrows. Show jrows's posts

In Response to Camden Yards Question:
    I'm taking the family to Baltimore at the end of August.  I'm Staying at the Hyatt Regency Inner Harbor.  I scored great tickets to a crappy game on Stub Hub O's and Jays $10 for $40 tickets.  Even if we stay for a few innings it's totally worth it.  My two girls 6 and 9 loved the minor league game they went to resently. My question to anyone who may have been there.  Is it safe to walk the few blocks from the Hotel down Conway St., with the family and night, to and from the Park?  Thanks.
    Posted by tcal2-

I've been there many times and yes, it is safe. Like any big city you need to keep your eyes open and be smart, but it is not an unsafe area at all. It's a great ball park and the O's fans tend to be nice, so have fun!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrows. Show jrows's posts

I'm taking the family to Baltimore at the end of August.  I'm Staying at the Hyatt Regency Inner Harbor.  I scored great tickets to a crappy game on Stub Hub O's and Jays $10 for $40 tickets.  Even if we stay for a few innings it's totally worth it.  My two girls 6 and 9 loved the minor league game they went to resently. My question to anyone who may have been there.  Is it safe to walk the few blocks from the Hotel down Conway St., with the family and night, to and from the Park?  Thanks.
    Posted by tcal2-

Somebody mentioned the Edgar Allen Poe grave site. That's definitely worth a look. That would be during the day, though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Babe-----------------------. Show The-Babe-----------------------'s posts

Posted by tcal2-

The first time I went to camden was to watch the Yanks clinch the ALCS in 1996. Couldn't believe we got 3rd base box seats for $75 apiece. Had a good time.Even got interviewed by WBAL. Sure there were some sore losers after the game, but not so bad overall. Great ball park.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In Response to Camden Yards Question : The first time I went to camden was to watch the Yanks clinch the ALCS in 1996. Couldn't believe we got 3rd base box seats for $75 apiece. Had a good time.Even got interviewed by WBAL. Sure there were some sore losers after the game, but not so bad overall. Great ball park.
    Posted by The-Babe-----------------------

Cool fictional story!

Sections
Shortcuts