Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up

From Boston.com:

A source close to Mike Cameron told the Globe this morning that the Red Sox are working on a roster move that involves the outfielder.

Cameron was called into a meeting with team officials today when he arrived at Citizens Bank Park.

It is unclear whether Cameron is being released, designated for assignment, traded or being placed on the disabled list.

Cameron has been in a season-long slump and recently has lost playing time to journeyman Darnell McDonald and rookie Josh Reddick.

Cameron is hitting .149 with 3 homers and 9 RBIs and has played in only 33 games.

UPDATE, 12:16 p.m.: Cameron had been designated for assignment.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Cameron - DFA

if this is true - it is xmas in june....about time

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

"So long Cam.  Have a nice trip"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

hahaha space you slay me...remember when cop mel said "everyday above ground is a good day" Cam should remember that!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Bringing up Navarro to take his place

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Based on Pawtucket stats, the choices to replace him are Lin and Nava. The fact that Lin may not be ready yet, they will probably call up Nava until Crawford returns. In his last 10 games at Pawtucket, he's hitting .360 with an OPS of .978.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

From Boston.com:

PHILADELPHIA — The Red Sox have designated Mike Cameron for assignment and recalled INF Yamaico Navarro.

Theo Epstein just spoke to reporters and said the move was forced when Kevin Youkilis injured his left ankle last night. With Youkilis unavailable, the Sox needed coverage in the infield.

X-rays were negative on Youkilis. But he is day-to-day.

The bigger picture, obviously, is that Cameron did not produce as hoped. The Sox now have 10 days to release, trade or outright Cameron to the minors. A release is likely given that he has $3.6 million remaining on his contract.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: Cameron - DFA:
    [QUOTE]Bringing up Navarro to take his place
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

Mojo - I was thinkiing Nava, but given Youk's ankle and the fact that Sutton could probably play OF, they may bring up Navarro until Crawford returns.

Either Navarro or Nava.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up

Wow, gutsy move. Let the kids play I guess!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

im thinking that Mac is batting second because he is next to be DFA - they didnt want to release him with Cam for obvious reasons (racial?????)

agreed?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

It's a shame. What's really sad was the abuse he took from fans. Here was a guy who wanted to play in Boston, was excited to be here, tried his best to play through an injury and never complained about becoming a platoon player.

Fans should have been rooting for him, but because many didn't like decision to put him in CF and move Ellsbury to LF last year, they took it out of him when he got hurt and struggled. IMO, it wasn't the best moment for many Red Sox fans who would rather take satisfaction in being "right" about him not being a good pickup than rooting for a hard-working player to succeed becuase he played for the Sox.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

yea Roy, it was all those nasty people that gave Cameron bad karma and caused his downfall...

maybe just for once you can fess up to the fact that you were wrong about this dinosaur and supported this single dumbest personnel decision ever made by Theo during his tenure as GM....

how about it?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaGolfer. Show TampaGolfer's posts

I, too feel for Cameron, but it has become very evident that he hasn't got much left in the tank, at least in Boston.

He looks scared to swing at a pitch and his hits are almost in spite of him, as few as they have been.  I think they should release him and someone will pick him up for the rest of the season as a safeguard.

I also think that Mac will be next.  There are a couple of intriguing outfielders that may not be too expensive towards the end of the trading period and I am guessing that Theo has been talking to a couple of teams about these guys. 

I think this was a good move.

Just my thoughts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thee-yazzer. Show thee-yazzer's posts

now, if they could only DFA theo.

btw, georom, theo has made more dumb decisions than just cameron, many more and many just as dumb.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In Response to Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up:
    [QUOTE]It's a shame. What's really sad was the abuse he took from fans. Here was a guy who wanted to play in Boston, was excited to be here, tried his best to play through an injury and never complained about becoming a platoon player. Fans should have been rooting for him, but because many didn't like decision to put him in CF and move Ellsbury to LF last year, they took it out of him when he got hurt and struggled. IMO, it wasn't the best moment for many Red Sox fans who would rather take satisfaction in being "right" about him not being a good pickup than rooting for a hard-working player to succeed becuase he played for the Sox.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE] You make it appear that this guy is some kind of saint.  The reality is that he's an aging, injury-prone, over-the-hill, 14 million dollar mistake that Theo hoped would pan out. I'll save my tears for somebody who really needs them.
     As a footnote, McDonald should be heading out the door right behind him!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]It's a shame. What's really sad was the abuse he took from fans. Here was a guy who wanted to play in Boston, was excited to be here, tried his best to play through an injury and never complained about becoming a platoon player. Fans should have been rooting for him, but because many didn't like decision to put him in CF and move Ellsbury to LF last year, they took it out of him when he got hurt and struggled. IMO, it wasn't the best moment for many Red Sox fans who would rather take satisfaction in being "right" about him not being a good pickup than rooting for a hard-working player to succeed becuase he played for the Sox.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Roy- I think it is necessary to separate out "Red Sox Fans" and "Red Sox Fans Who Post on BDC".  I think most people just looked at it as an unfortunate injury and a guy getting older struggling as a sub.  No one but the aforementioned "fans who would rather take satisfaction in being right" are the only people who bear him any ill will.  

I can undertsnad people taking issue with the signing, but it is pretty clear that Cam is a hard-working, good guy who certainly doesn't deserve the negative attacks.

*** full disclosure:  i only through that seemingly spiteful Scarface quote and pic in because I love that pic and will use any excuse to post it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thee-yazzer. Show thee-yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up : Roy- I think it is necessary to separate out "Red Sox Fans" and "Red Sox Fans Who Post on BDC".  I think most people just looked at it as an unfortunate injury and a guy getting older struggling as a sub.  No one but the aforementioned "fans who would rather take satisfaction in being right" are the only people who bear him any ill will.   I can undertsnad people taking issue with the signing, but it is pretty clear that Cam is a hard-working, good guy who certainly doesn't deserve the negative attacks. *** full disclosure:  i only through that seemingly spiteful Scarface quote and pic in because I love that pic and will use any excuse to post it.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

cameron's getting paid 14 million dollars for doing nothing.
    even for a baseball player that's pretty steep.

i blame inepstein more than i do cameron.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Good move, but I wish Cameron all the best. Always a professional.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Cue a soty racial rant.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up : cameron's getting paid 14 million dollars for doing nothing. even for a baseball player that's pretty steep. i blame inepstein more than i do cameron.
    Posted by thee-yazzer[/QUOTE]

exactly yazzer.  cam, by all reports, is an extremely hard-worker, so its not like he can do much more about the fact that he is aging and no longer effective.  Why so much venom directed at him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]Good move, but I wish Cameron all the best. Always a professional.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Probably a professional until now. He'll probably be complaining out the door.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]im thinking that Mac is batting second because he is next to be DFA - they didnt want to release him with Cam for obvious reasons (racial?????) agreed?
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

I agree that your post says a lot about who you are.  Racial?  Wow.

On another note it's about time with Cameron.  He isn't getting it done.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up : Probably a professional until now. He'll probably be complaining out the door.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

Why? Has he ever complained?  What inspires you to say this?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up : I agree that your post says a lot about who you are.  Racial?  Wow. On another note it's about time with Cameron.  He isn't getting it done.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

sorry free speech threatens you....maybe you should move to the PBS forum and sing kumbaya

anyone who knows Boston's sports/history (and Im sure Theo does) would be careful to give the impression that they are not being racially motivated in their decisions...plus if you DFA both at the same time you are paying blame at their feet for our recent woes...better to stagger their releases....now go back to Teletubbies Snake

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up : I agree that your post says a lot about who you are.  Racial?  Wow. On another note it's about time with Cameron.  He isn't getting it done.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

I agree.   Racial...unbelievable..Only an idiot would even think of that.