Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up

I don't hate Cameron.He seems like a good clubhouse guy and a hard worker.I found him easier to root for than some Sox players.Injuries,age and inconsistent playing time all factored into his lack of production here.
       This quote is from ESPN.com:

"It's on me," Epstein said of a signing that didn't work out the way the Red Sox envisioned it. "No sugar-coating it."

The Red Sox will have 10 days to trade Cameron, seven to place him on waivers. Epstein said there was a "remote" possibility that Cameron would accept a minor league assignment. He said he has had some discussions with other clubs about a trade in the last couple of weeks, but interest was limited.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up : I agree.   Racial...unbelievable..Only an idiot would even think of that. 
    Posted by jrh1194[/QUOTE]

i dont think you are reading what im saying...snake on the other hand i believe is just being a jerk...read again please...

anyone who knows Boston's sports/history (and Im sure Theo does) would be careful to give the impression that they are not being racially motivated in their decisions...plus if you DFA both at the same time you are paying blame at their feet for our recent woes...better to stagger their releases

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]yea Roy, it was all those nasty people that gave Cameron bad karma and caused his downfall... maybe just for once you can fess up to the fact that you were wrong about this dinosaur and supported this single dumbest personnel decision ever made by Theo during his tenure as GM.... how about it?
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Seriously. Are you really a teacher? Geez, I feel bad for your students who are turning in reports to a teacher who can't understand what they write. What does this (in bold) have to do with my post. 

I was a bit surprised at the Cameron signing and never was a big fan of moving Ellbury to LF. Where did I ever support that move. You want to show me? Where did I ever say it was a great signing? But with the move done, I was always going to root for the guy. 

For example, I posted when Lackey signed that I didn't like the contract. I posted when Crawford signed I thought he was overpaid. I posted back in 2009 when there were many posters drooling over Crawford that I thought he was overhyped. But none of that means I'm not going to root for them now that they play for the Red Sox because foremost, unlike many poster, I'm a Red Sox fans. Even if I don't like the player, I'm going to root for the player to do well so the Red Sox will do well.

And my above post, which apparently went way over your head, was that he should have been they type of player fans should root for, even if his signing was a dumb move. Where did I ever blame the fans for his downfall? 

Why should it be such a foreign concept that whether or not I like a signing or trade, it's still separate from rooting for the player because he plays for the Red Sox? 

Is your ego so fragile that once you make up your mind that you don't like a signing or trade that you have to root against the player just so you can brag about how "right" you were? How petty. How sad.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

roy..way to worm out of your support for this idiocy...you are a real classy guy attacking me and my vocation....talk about fragility...sad

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Any way we can duct tape Dsuck to him?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

By all means, defend Mike.  But he was a bad investment.  Plus the decision to have him play with a sports hernia was dumb. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

As I posted at the time, Cameron was praised by the coaches (when miked in ST) for setting an example of how to practice and prepare in general.  They mentioned that the younger players did not follow his professional lead.  Orsillo revealed last year that in ST conditioning trials he was the 2nd fittest guy on the team to the surprise of the younger guys.

Time waits for no man, he was too old to recover from an abdominal tear. They are very hard to come back from.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]roy..way to worm out of your support for this idiocy...you are a real classy guy attacking me and my vocation....talk about fragility...sad

Hey you're the one who had that BS response to my post. I answer posts on the level that they deserve. Educate me -- how did your post in any way relate to the point I was making.

I simply posted that Cameron should have been a guy Sox fans can root for, and you somehow turned it into a debate on whether or not Cameron was a good signing and putting words in my mouth.

How did I worm out?

You said I should admit I was wrong that Cameron was a good signing. I never said I agreed with the signing. I posted last year that I thought he would put up adequate numbers. But that was before he got hurt.

Gee, I guess I should have known he was going to get hurt, because heck, all OF'ers in their late 30s get hurt.

And I applaud your ability to know exactly how he would have done last year had he been healthy. That psycic ability is just uncanny.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]...... this single dumbest personnel decision ever made by Theo during his tenure as GM.... how about it?

That's absurd.  For 10 years through 2009 Cameron was an excellent CF both in field and at the plate....and on the bases and apparently in the clubhouse too.  He was signed to a 2-year contract.  It did not work out....injuries?  Aging?  Other?  Regardless, in hindsight only was it a bad decision.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up : Why? Has he ever complained?  What inspires you to say this?
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Just his comment about not talking about it now and Theo's BS reason for the move, that they needed infield help with Youk's injury.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up : sorry free speech threatens you....maybe you should move to the PBS forum and sing kumbaya anyone who knows Boston's sports/history (and Im sure Theo does) would be careful to give the impression that they are not being racially motivated in their decisions...plus if you DFA both at the same time you are paying blame at their feet for our recent woes...better to stagger their releases....now go back to Teletubbies Snake

You a little defensive man?  Did I mention anything about free speech?

It doesn't bother me that you think people hang around in offices talking in hushed voices  about what people would think of them releasing two black players.  

Go back to watching the Jeffersons genius.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Theo's BS reason for the move,

If Youk couldn't play who would UIF until he is ready?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up :  i dont think you are reading what im saying...snake on the other hand i believe is just being a jerk...read again please... anyone who knows Boston's sports/history (and Im sure Theo does) would be careful to give the impression that they are not being racially motivated in their decisions...plus if you DFA both at the same time you are paying blame at their feet for our recent woes...better to stagger their releases

That isn't what you said.  You said that you thought the Red Sox wouldn't release Mac because of racial reasons.  You said the above to make you look less ignorant.  I don't blame you for that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]As I posted at the time, Cameron was praised by the coaches (when miked in ST) for setting an example of how to practice and prepare in general.  They mentioned that the younger players did not follow his professional lead.  Orsillo revealed last year that in ST conditioning trials he was the 2nd fittest guy on the team to the surprise of the younger guys. Time waits for no man, he was too old to recover from an abdominal tear. They are very hard to come back from.
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]

Excellent post. That was the point of my original post on this thread. Everything Cameron did while here should have made him a player fans root for even if they thought it was a dumb signing.

But too many get their kicks ripping a player because they didn't agree with the move to acquire the player. And the irony is those same posters are quick to blast a player if they think that player isn't hustling or playing through injuries or being professional.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up : That isn't what you said.  You said that you thought the Red Sox wouldn't release Mac because of racial reasons.  You said the above to make you look less ignorant.  I don't blame you for that.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

First: 4/9/2009
    Last: 6/30/2011
    im thinking that Mac is batting second because he is next to be DFA

you have to be as dumb as a stump - what i said was exactly so - you are just busting balls if not that dumb...either way you should refrain from trying to analyze anything - you are ill-equiped

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]im thinking that Mac is batting second because he is next to be DFA - they didnt want to release him with Cam for obvious reasons (racial?????) agreed?

Did you take your meds today?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up : www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=26991512220287887d0bb1e23fce7589&plckUserId=26991512220287887d0bb1e23fce7589 " target="_parent" /> georom4 Posts: 2599 First: 4/9/2009 Last: 6/30/2011 im thinking that Mac is batting second because he is next to be DFA you have to be as dumb as a stump - what i said was exactly so - you are just busting balls if not that dumb...either way you should refrain from trying to analyze anything - you are ill-equiped

Do you realize that you wrote the above post saying that they would not DFA DMac for racial reasons?  I am starting to get worried for you.  Do you have family members near by that can check on your well being?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

All this from the notice that Cam is DFA?

Yeesh .....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lstboss. Show lstboss's posts

[QUOTE]im thinking that Mac is batting second because he is next to be DFA - they didnt want to release him with Cam for obvious reasons (racial?????) agreed?
    They need to send Mac with him, and to keep the racial thing in check, send that fat useless cow Jenks with the two of them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up : Do you realize that you wrote the above post saying that they would not DFA DMac for racial reasons?  I am starting to get worried for you.  Do you have family members near by that can check on your well being?
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

he is NEXT to be DFA but they didnt want to release him at the same time as Cameron....

are you drinking?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

They aren't going to release two right-handed hitting outfielders at the same time when the line-up is already susceptible to lefties. Rare will the team everDFA two players simultaneously. Mac will likely see less PT, unless he starts swinging a better bat.

I give Theo credit for learning how carrying an albatross can burden roster flex (think Lowell 2010). It's still unclear to me whether they simply ran out of patience or they were able to distinguish between an aging player and one who has yet to make the adjustments to platoon after a career as a starter and missing most of last year. If Cam latches on with another team and he clicks in the 2nd half, then maybe Theo wasn't all that dumb in the first place, just unable to remain patient.
    Something had to be done. I'm surprised it was Cam and not Mac.

As for Roy taking a lot of heat for supporting a class act, I think his point was missed. Cam is the type of person teams want. Easy for others to gravitate toward him. I think that's what Roy meant by him being the type of player fans should have supported. And perhaps they would have had he been productive at some point. But he showed little and had no fan-base foundation.

That's the nature of the game. Players get paid well for their output. Cam was over-paid and couldn't produce. The fans have a right to be agitated. Especially the ones who support these ludicrous ticket prices. It comes down to $$$.

Personally, I had Cam's back last year, as I would anybody who has a legit injury. This year, I thought he looked old early on. With CC/AGONE/Papi in the fold, and Pedey/Youk not hitting like they have in the past, it was essential for CAM to hit the southpaws. Theo kept Mac as security. It just didn't work out.

I wish Cam the best. Maybe it'll work out elsewhere.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

I would be willing to bet (and wouldn't it be great if the Puritanical Land of Helen Lovejoys a.k.a. the USA allowed betting so the blowhards here would be challenged to back up their aggressive, know-it-all views on ..... everything .... had to risk money on official, measured and agreed results rather than retroactively claiming they "predicted" that X would happen?) that Cameron will be signed within days of being released.....the Phillies would be my guess.  Personally, I'd keep him.  Mac?  Had his Robert Redford season last year, goodbye, thank you, I wish you well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up : he is NEXT to be DFA but they didnt want to release him at the same time as Cameron.... are you drinking?

Is there a reason you keep leaving off the last part of your statement?  The part where you say "for obvious reasons (racial)."

I knew you were a fool but I didn't know you were a coward.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Were you drunk when you wrote this?  Keep bumping  this post up Grand Wizard.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Addition by subtraction.  McDonald is skating on very thin ICE as well.