Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up

From WEEI.com:

Following their 5-2 win over the Phillies at Citizens Bank Park Thursday afternoon, members of the Red Sox reacted to the move by the team to designate Mike Cameron for assignment prior to the game.

Jon Lester: "Cam’s a great guy, great teammate. He’ll definitely be missed. Great clubhouse guy. Probably one of the best teammates I’ve ever played with, and that’s both on and off the field."

Dustin Pedroia: "He's a great teammate. He did a lot of things in the clubhouse and a lot of things on the field for us. He's going to be missed. He's one of the guys. It's tough but I think that's the hard part about the business part of the game. He'll definitely be missed."

Terry Francona: "Very tough -- and tough for Theo [Epstein]. Theo did most of the talking, and I appreciated the way he spoke to Cam. As a player, I wish somebody maybe would have treated me like that. That’s a hard thing to do, and I thought Theo handled it well. I thought Cam did, too, but I was really proud of Theo.

"I’ve known him since he was two weeks out of high school. It was very tough. That’s why I spoke so highly about what Theo did. I would have struggled, and I thought he did a good job. I thought he treated him with the respect he deserved. It’s hard. You can’t change the decisions, but some are very difficult to do."

J.D. Drew: "You know, baseball, you have those times in your career where you lose some good guys on your team. He’s certainly one of them. I understand the moves that have to be made, but everybody hated to see him walk out today but we wish him the best, for sure.

"I think most of the guys got a chance to wish him good luck. Solid guy. Great guy to have around the clubhouse. Quality individual. A Georgia boy as well. I wish him good luck. I know he’s going to spend a little time with his family and see where things lead him, but I think he’s going to come out on top, for sure."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up:
    [QUOTE]From WEEI.com: Following their 5-2 win over the Phillies at Citizens Bank Park Thursday afternoon, members of the Red Sox reacted to the move by the team to designate Mike Cameron for assignment prior to the game. Jon Lester:  "Cam’s a great guy, great teammate. He’ll definitely be missed. Great clubhouse guy. Probably one of the best teammates I’ve ever played with, and that’s both on and off the field." Dustin Pedroia: "He's a great teammate. He did a lot of things in the clubhouse and a lot of things on the field for us. He's going to be missed. He's one of the guys. It's tough but I think that's the hard part about the business part of the game. He'll definitely be missed." Terry Francona: "Very tough -- and tough for Theo [Epstein]. Theo did most of the talking, and I appreciated the way he spoke to Cam. As a player, I wish somebody maybe would have treated me like that. That’s a hard thing to do, and I thought Theo handled it well. I thought Cam did, too, but I was really proud of Theo. "I’ve known him since he was two weeks out of high school. It was very tough. That’s why I spoke so highly about what Theo did. I would have struggled, and I thought he did a good job. I thought he treated him with the respect he deserved. It’s hard. You can’t change the decisions, but some are very difficult to do." J.D. Drew: "You know, baseball, you have those times in your career where you lose some good guys on your team. He’s certainly one of them. I understand the moves that have to be made, but everybody hated to see him walk out today but we wish him the best, for sure. "I think most of the guys got a chance to wish him good luck. Solid guy. Great guy to have around the clubhouse. Quality individual. A Georgia boy as well. I wish him good luck. I know he’s going to spend a little time with his family and see where things lead him, but I think he’s going to come out on top, for sure."
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

Quality statements about a quality individual. Thanks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up : Were you drunk when you wrote this?  Keep bumping  this post up Grand Wizard.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

what part of HE IS NEXT to be DFA confuses you? why would you say i said he wouldnt be when it is in black and white...oh now i know -

you must have spent a lot of time in the rugroom during your schooling days

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]All this from the notice that Cam is DFA? Yeesh .....
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]
    Stunning, isn't it? You could post a thread titled "kittens are cute," and somehow it would get ugly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up : Stunning, isn't it? You could post a thread titled "kittens are cute," and somehow it would get ugly.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Kittens have sharp claws -and they are uncontrollable.
    Why, I remember when...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up : Kittens have sharp claws - and they are uncontrollable. Why, I remember when...
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]
    You IDIOT!!! You know NOTHING about kittens!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

That's it!!! It's the IGGY button for you!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up : Stunning, isn't it? You could post a thread titled "kittens are cute," and somehow it would get ugly.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

I like Cat fights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wrL9z3Kvww&NR=1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

This is getting ugly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up : I like Cat fights. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wrL9z3Kvww&NR=1
    "Yeah catfight!" Classic ... and doesn't Elaine get into it with Raquel Welch?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Well, they only showed intent and the results.
    What was funny was how Raquel scared the crap out of Kramer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I just read thru this thread; OMG. Next time I play cards, I'll make sure I don't chuck 2 spades in a row.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I think they are going to hold on to DMac, when they sent him to AAA via the DL it shows that they like him. They need a righty outfielder, right now Crawford, Ellsbury, Drew, and Reddick are lefties. When Crawford is back Reddick probably will be sent down, unless you want 4 lefties on the roster. You can't DFA a player without someone to take their place.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]I think they are going to hold on to DMac, when they sent him to AAA via the DL it shows that they like him. They need a righty outfielder, right now Crawford, Ellsbury, Drew, and Reddick are lefties. When Crawford is back Reddick probably will be sent down, unless you want 4 lefties on the roster. You can't DFA a player without someone to take their place.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]

If Youkilis is feeling better and able to play,I think it'll be Navarro that gets sent down when Crawford comes back.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up : If Youkilis is feeling better and able to play,I think it'll be Navarro that gets sent down when Crawford comes back.

Disagree Mojo.

I think Sutton will be more expendable, unless Navarro shows nothing.
    Navarro is a SS by trade. They need to see if he can cut it with his bat. If he can, it might make Mac expendable down the line.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up : Disagree Mojo . I think Sutton will be more expendable, unless Navarro shows nothing. Navarro is a SS by trade. They need to see if he can cut it with his bat. If he can, it might make Mac expendable down the line.

Sutton's versatility could help him.

I'm not sure -- what positions can Navarro play?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up : Disagree Mojo . I think Sutton will be more expendable, unless Navarro shows nothing. Navarro is a SS by trade. They need to see if he can cut it with his bat. If he can, it might make Mac expendable down the line.

Sutton is actually playing better than most people realize.So far,(according to baseball-reference.com)he's played every infield position (excluding Pitcher and Catcher)and the outfield.His batting Avg. is .289,OBP of .308 and Slugging .474.It seems he's done everything he's been asked to do and he's doing it pretty well.
      Navarro is versatile too and has a higher upside than Sutton IMO,but I think the Sox will send him back down to get more playing time and at bats on a regular basis.He's coming off an injury and doesn't seem to have his timing back yet as far as hitting goes.In his last 10 games (with the PawSox),he's 4 for 38 which is a .105 average.Yes it's a small sample size but he hasn't been back long from his injury. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Jon Lester: "Cam’s a great guy, great teammate. He’ll definitely be missed. Great clubhouse guy. Probably one of the best teammates I’ve ever played with, and that’s both on and off the field."

Dustin Pedroia: "He's a great teammate. He did a lot of things in the clubhouse and a lot of things on the field for us. He's going to be missed. He's one of the guys. It's tough but I think that's the hard part about the business part of the game. He'll definitely be missed."

Terry Francona: "Very tough -- and tough for Theo [Epstein]. Theo did most of the talking, and I appreciated the way he spoke to Cam. As a player, I wish somebody maybe would have treated me like that. That’s a hard thing to do, and I thought Theo handled it well. I thought Cam did, too, but I was really proud of Theo.

"I’ve known him since he was two weeks out of high school. It was very tough. That’s why I spoke so highly about what Theo did. I would have struggled, and I thought he did a good job. I thought he treated him with the respect he deserved. It’s hard. You can’t change the decisions, but some are very difficult to do."

J.D. Drew: "You know, baseball, you have those times in your career where you lose some good guys on your team. He’s certainly one of them. I understand the moves that have to be made, but everybody hated to see him walk out today but we wish him the best, for sure.
    georom4:  "If this is true - it is xmas in june....about time"
    trouts: "You make it appear that this guy is some kind of saint.  The reality is that he's an aging, injury-prone, over-the-hill, 14 million dollar mistake that Theo hoped would pan out. I'll save my tears for somebody who really needs them."
    ADG: "Probably a professional until now. He'll probably be complaining out the door."
    tcal2-: Any way we can duct tape Dsuck to him?
    Sheriff-Rojas:  "I wonder what Lester, Pedroia, Francona, and Drew would have to say about georom4, trouts, ADG, and tcal2-.  Unlike them, they'd probably take the high road if there was any road to be found there."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up :   Sutton is actually playing better than most people realize.So far,(according to baseball-reference.com)he's played every infield position (excluding Pitcher and Catcher)and the outfield.His batting Avg. is .289,OBP of .308 and Slugging .474.It seems he's done everything he's been asked to do and he's doing it pretty well.   Navarro is versatile too and has a higher upside than Sutton IMO,but I think the Sox will send him back down to get more playing time and at bats on a regular basis.He's coming off an injury and doesn't seem to have his timing back yet as far as hitting goes.In his last 10 games (with the PawSox),he's 4 for 38 which is a .105 average.Yes it's a small sample size but he hasn't been back long from his injury. 

You could be right. But I see Navarro as possibly replacing Scut (in a platoon of some sort with Lowrie) for for the regular SS job in time. It's up to Navarro, really. If he hits and plays well, I say he sticks. If not, then I can see your point. He'll need to play more often in AAA.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Kingman was sludge on the playing field. Cam won 3 GG's.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxcorpseman. Show redsoxcorpseman's posts

Cameron highligts, in bench role:

Game Tying Double v. Savathia and NY Yankees

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=15724751

2 Homer Game

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=14278401

Theo is really taking care of the problems. The DFA on Cameron is a critical part of making this team better. No roster spot should be wasted on dead weight. Wakefield has carried a 5 plus ERA since the last half of 2009, but his best basebal is ahead of him.

Now that Theo's made this big move, expect other brilliant moves to get a solid RH OF bat in the lineup. The plan is to go with 4 lefty OF bats and Mac, which has worked well in this NL stretch. Theo always thinks ahead, never reacting.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah but Cameron was strikout machine without the power.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

You just said CAM hit 272 HR's. Isn't that power?