Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up

In Response to Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up : what part of HE IS NEXT to be DFA confuses you? why would you say i said he wouldnt be when it is in black and white...oh now i know - you must have spent a lot of time in the rugroom during your schooling days
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

You complete moron.  I don't care that you say he is next to be DFA'D.  I care that you think he isn't being DFA'D right now because he is black.

You obviously don't teach reading comprehension.  And you obviously have some very skewed thinking patterns.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]I just read thru this thread; OMG. Next time I play cards, I'll make sure I don't chuck 2 spades in a row.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Yeah Theo in the back room.  "But if we cut DMAC too people will think we don't like negros".

Geo thinks this is happening.

Amazing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up : You complete moron.  I don't care that you say he is next to be DFA'D.  I care that you think he isn't being DFA'D right now because he is black. You obviously don't teach reading comprehension.  And you obviously have some very skewed thinking patterns.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

exactly...now you got it...watch next week when he is DFA...you really think Theo would let loose two blacks at the same time???? that would appear racial...glad we are on the same page...now i expect an apology when it happens snake

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

If Cam and Mac got released at the same time I would assume that it was based on their poor performance. I would never assume that it was racial. I however can't speak for people like Georom who are always on the lookout for racial motives. In my book the Red Sox ownership would not use race as a factor in making such decisions.

If Georom is a teacher does he worry that poor grades that he passes out are construed by the students to be racially motivated? Will the principal or PTA consider him to be a racist if he flunks out a few underforming black students? It must be a parenoid world for Georom.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Cam will sign with another team by the break, and put up solid numbers (especially against lefties) with a hight strikeout rate, just like he always has.  He has had bad luck this year, and was injured last year - that's all.  I hate to see him go - McDonald is the weaker bat and defender, so I can only think that Theo has other plans for him - maybe there is a trade in the works.

I love Navarro, but he has really struggled since coming off the DL.  I don't know if it's just timing or if he's not 100%.  He struggled with MLB pitching last year - if he repeats his performance, it could affect his development.  Defensively, he'll be great.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

I can't believe the number of people on this board who think the Sox should keep McDonald.  He is absolutely one of the worst major league hitters I have seen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I, too feel for Cameron, but it has become very evident that he hasn't got much left in the tank, at least in Boston. He looks scared to swing at a pitch and his hits are almost in spite of him, as few as they have been.  I think they should release him and someone will pick him up for the rest of the season as a safeguard. I also think that Mac will be next.  There are a couple of intriguing outfielders that may not be too expensive towards the end of the trading period and I am guessing that Theo has been talking to a couple of teams about these guys.  I think this was a good move. Just my thoughts.
    Posted by TampaGolfer[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  Cameron was once a good player, but his age is finally catching up with him.  He is in amazing shape for someone his age.  He is definitely getting to the age where he should consider retiring. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up : exactly...now you got it...watch next week when he is DFA...you really think Theo would let loose two blacks at the same time???? that would appear racial...glad we are on the same page...now i expect an apology when it happens snake

I think DMAC will be cut as well.  Because he stinks not because he is black you racist buffoon.  No one with a brain in the year 2011 would think Theo was racist because he cut two black players.  

So when he is cut I will know it is because he is hitting about 120 and you will think it is because he is black.

I am amazed how simple you are. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up : I think DMAC will be cut as well.  Because he stinks not because he is black you racist buffoon.  No one with a brain in the year 2011 would think Theo was racist because he cut two black players.   So when he is cut I will know it is because he is hitting about 120 and you will think it is because he is black. I am amazed how simple you are. 
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

I agree that race plays no role in how Theo would cut two players, but I wouldn't jump to calling geo a racist because he thinks that's part of the reason.  Just calling him a buffoon would suffice. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up : I agree that race plays no role in how Theo would cut two players, but I wouldn't jump to calling geo a racist because he thinks that's part of the reason.  Just calling him a buffoon would suffice. 
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas[/QUOTE]

He believes that players are on the Red Sox simply because they are black, and that the Red Sox organization makes decisions based on the fact that they themselves may be perceived as racists if they cut a black player.  When I pointed out that is ridiculous he called me stupid over and over again.

I think I am going to roll the dice and stick with racist.  Although you may be right, he might just be an idiot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Georom may just enjoy doing what Softlaw, Harv53, Zillagod, Bosox1941, and Burrito excel at- which is stirring the pot with insincere comments. To them the forum is not about being candid or honest but it is about entertainment. They will take a dump here in order to attract flies. Since it is the Internet, there is nothing that can be done about it. Don't take them seriously.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]Cameron highligts, in bench role: Game Tying Double v. Savathia and NY Yankees http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=15724751 2 Homer Game http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=14278401 Theo is really taking care of the problems. The DFA on Cameron is a critical part of making this team better. No roster spot should be wasted on dead weight. Wakefield has carried a 5 plus ERA since the last half of 2009, but his best basebal is ahead of him. Now that Theo's made this big move, expect other brilliant moves to get a solid RH OF bat in the lineup. The plan is to go with 4 lefty OF bats and Mac, which has worked well in this NL stretch. Theo always thinks ahead, never reacting.
    Posted by redsoxcorpseman[/QUOTE]

CorPsEman,

Strange????  I distinctly remember you DEFENDING Cameron??????

YOU kept telling us that he "is the real deal when it comes to a big league CFer & hitter?????"

DUDE!  JUST DEAL WITH BEING WRONG OCCASIONALLY!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s.  cute name!  Can't imaging how that lazer quick mind came up with that one!?!?!?  You are SO CLEVER......  by an exponential divisor!  You realize this name simply reaffirms your level of thinking!!!!  Your linear, one track, perseverant, mono syllabic, ideological, demagogic, simple minded word plays are as lame as your Red Sox baseball analysis of any given player you decide to "take up arms" against.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up : sorry free speech threatens you....maybe you should move to the PBS forum and sing kumbaya anyone who knows Boston's sports/history (and Im sure Theo does) would be careful to give the impression that they are not being racially motivated in their decisions...plus if you DFA both at the same time you are paying blame at their feet for our recent woes...better to stagger their releases....now go back to Teletubbies Snake

Look Georom4,

Given mainly ancient history with regard to Boston & sports & how race haD  been PERCEIVED to be an issue with respect to personnel decisions............
    PERHAPS you ONCE MIGHT have had a point!?!?!????????

My question is.....................  Why the F bring it up???????  MOST / THE VAST MAJORITY OF Red Sox / BOSTON fans could not give a RIP about the race on ANY given player on ANY given Boston team.  It's not the 1960's, 70's, or 
    80's anymore!  WHY EVEN GO THERE????  

If you haven't noticed.......  Red Sox fans ARE CURRENTLY trying to give the bums rush to J.D. Drew, J. Lackey, Wake (some), Jenks, etc. etc. ..............
    All of whom are WHITE!  Actually VERY WHITE!!!!!

CAN WE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  STOP with the constant proactive rush to point out potential pitfalls with respect to race when considering personnel decisions made by the Red Sox FO!  GET THE F over it!!! 

Unless you're wanting to emulate betterdead/softy/corpseman, who is constantly trying to inject racial politics into personnel decisions, in a transparent attempt to make ALL Red Sox fans out to be racists!

NOW!  I apologize if this is not your intention!  If it's not?  Just say so & move on!  These discussions BECOME NOTHING BUT DIVISIVE!  IT'S THE GD 21'ST CENTURY, & RACIAL POLITICS DO NOT EVEN COME CLOSE TO ENTERING THE PICTURE WITH REGARD TO THE RED SOX!!!!!!!!!

Are there a handful of yahoo's out there in the RS Nation who think on racial terms?????   Of course!  BUT!!!!   They are an infinitesimally small percentage
    SO!  LET IT GO! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

p.s.   MANY RS fans want to get rid of Cam & D'Mac because they are both hitting between .100 - .130 for half a season.  With Crawford (who happens to be black) going down & J.D. Drew (who happens to be white) hitting like cr@p, fans want PRODUCTIVE players to be backing up our starting OFers.  Not a couple of guys who are about 1 for 50 with RISP (RALLY KILLERS)  The cacophonous calls for their heads just happen to coincide with Crawford & Lowrie going down, an anemic offense during our inter-league struggles, & RS fans having to watch these two CONTINUE TO do NOTHING for us!!!!  They both just happen to be black!!!!!  WHY BRING IT UP!  Papi's AWESOME this year!  WE still love him....  He just happens to be black.  Crawford????  WE WERE ALL "over the top" excited when he was signed!!!  NOT BECAUSE HE WAS BLACK!!!!

For God's sake!  Can we just STOP with the ridiculously BASE descussions, especially when they involve something as sensitive as race!  Even if one were to bring the topic up under the auspices of being "sensitive," it does nothing but demean the issue when brought up as a non sequitur. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Since it is an open Internet forum, those that come here to stir the pot will always get the majority of responses. Georom and the Softlaw aliases will always prevail. One would expect more of a school teacher and a conservative republican who claims that he has God on his side. Honesty and sincerity are a dying thing. The forum is dying.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

BTW...............

Betterdead TRIED HARD to draw the lame inference that ALL RS fans hate Japanese players because THEY (Dice-K & Oki) were both $h1tting the bed at the same time!  Let's not start that cr@p again!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Does anyone know what grade or subject that Georom teaches at school? Hopefully it isn't logic or ethics.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Since it is an open Internet forum, those that come here to stir the pot will always get the majority of responses. Georom and the Softlaw aliases will always prevail. One would expect more of a school teacher and a conservative republican who claims that he has God on his side. Honesty and sincerity are a dying thing. The forum is dying.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

Yeah Yeah Yeah

It's been dying for 7 years now, according to you.
    You're a lone voice in a dark cavern. Your only company is the dungeon-dwelling identities you pathetically create.
    Thankfully, most of them were banned with you.

Give it up, Pike. Your lynch mob act is creepy and disturbing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

In a Nation of 300 mil. people and over 10 mil. in RSN, the BDC forum is holding at 50-100 regulars and half of those have multiple aliases. I would not call that very successful or promising. How many have come here and surmised the situation and left? I would guess that there are forums on the Gabby Hayes movies that have more members than this one has. Meanwhile Harness tries to tell all that the pro-Francona posts balance out the Francona bashers in number and intensity. Harness spreads himself so thin in his efforts to whitewash this forum that it is embarassing to watch him make such a fool of himself. To Harness, it is ancient movies, youtube, and his delusions of grandeur that he is captain of the BDC forum. Poor fella.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

pike is creepy that is for sure - self proclaimed censor who hates anyone with an opinion that he disagrees with

as far as race and baseball goes, you whiners need to stop it - just because you want the issue to not exist doesnt make it so...Boston has a tense history of racial relations that cuts across all segments of society, including sports...to suggest that a GM as smart of Theo isnt aware of its ramifications/impressions that it could leave is just silly...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Why on earth do you post as if you are trying to win a public election?
    Why can't you simply address a given poster one-on-one?

Just how many individuals do you think it takes to keep a forum lively?
    Hint: it doesn't take but a sliver of the baseball populous.
    This forum has been in existence and doing fine for many years, despite your projections of gloom and doom.

You sure as hell don't help it any. You constantly detract from it by labeling posters to fit your psychotic obsession. Every time posters try to give it an additional creative dimension, you are there with your pitiful avatar - trying to shovel dirt on it with you wanna-be cop act. Pity banning on this forum isn't permanent, yet.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]Since it is an open Internet forum, those that come here to stir the pot will always get the majority of responses. Georom and the Softlaw aliases will always prevail. One would expect more of a school teacher and a conservative republican who claims that he has God on his side. Honesty and sincerity are a dying thing. The forum is dying.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

Exactly right!  I called out softy / aka betterdead out for using racial demagoguery for that very reason.  HE (betterdead), is constantly TALKING about "moral values."  HE constantly TALKS about being a "Christian,"   HE espouses "conservative" Christian values, & ties that to his socio-political views as a "conservative" Republican..........   HE MAKES THE CONNECTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THEN................  HE plays racial politics & USES racial demagoguery to score points & commit character assassination on those he disagrees with, through the use on flawed logic & non sequiturs.  When you have obnoxiously moralistic guys, whose rhetoric does not match their espoused "moral" codes, one is left with an obvious conclusion.....  They themselves are the moral reprobates they accuse others of being.  The sad thing.....  A guy like betterdead is not smart enough to even realize it! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

You're pleading UR case to the wrong individual, dirtdog.
    Pike (Your-echo) is only here to segregate posters.
     And he'll use any means to accomplish it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cameron - DFA..... Navarro called up : Exactly right!  I called out softy / aka betterdead out for using racial demagoguery for that very reason.  HE (betterdead), is constantly TALKING about "moral values."  HE constantly TALKS about being a "Christian,"   HE espouses "conservative" Christian values, & ties that to his socio-political views as a "conservative" Republican..........   HE MAKES THE CONNECTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEN................  HE plays racial politics & USES racial demagoguery to score points & commit character assassination on those he disagrees with, through the use on flawed logic & non sequiturs.  When you have obnoxiously moralistic guys, whose rhetoric does not match their espoused "moral" codes, one is left with an obvious conclusion.....  They themselves are the moral reprobates they accuse others of being.  The sad thing.....  A guy like betterdead is not smart enough to even realize it! 
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

This is common among right wing fanatics; in his defense (partly), I believe this was part of his upbringing. Remember David Duke? He was always saying he's a "Good Christian". 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]pike is creepy that is for sure - self proclaimed censor who hates anyone with an opinion that he disagrees with as far as race and baseball goes, you whiners need to stop it - just because you want the issue to not exist doesnt make it so...Boston has a tense history of racial relations that cuts across all segments of society, including sports...to suggest that a GM as smart of Theo isnt aware of its ramifications/impressions that it could leave is just silly...

It would leave no ramifications for Theo to cut two black dudes.  Especially since he signed the same two black dudes.  

Go watch Good Times or the Jefferson's or something.