Cameron is the best defensive outfielder, by far

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Cameron is the best defensive outfielder, by far

Great graceful stride and quiet upper body sliding catch to end a Jays rally attempt. The OF defense is very, very, very important. Cameron should start about 135 games, starting in CF. When Drew sits versus some left handed pitching, Mac should start. Ellsbury doesn't have the arm to play a corner outfield slot on a frequent basis. When Crawford needs to sit for being ineffective or needs a day off, Cameron should be LF with Ellsbury to CF.   

Of less importance, Cameron was 2 for 4 today. Very important to play Cameron most of the time for defense in the outfield, and very important to get both Cameorn and McDonald in v. most LH starting pitching.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

Re: Cameron is the best defensive outfielder, by far

give it up softy....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChrisHouse. Show ChrisHouse's posts

Softy must have a boring life. The problem with the room is that half of the regulars either believe him or want to believe him. After all, some come here and still don't know what a "concern troll" is even after it has been defined for them dozens of times.

Knowing that someone is pretending to them would take all of the fun out of coming here to argue and/ or be a spectator to fools who argue with the great Pretender. The transparency of the Jake and Jed acts has been completely obvious to the astute in the forum for three years now. Yet, Softlaw smirks and laughs at his computer as he continues to dupe the same fools over and over again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Now, suddenly, hitting vs LHPs splits matters to softy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

Cameron is an adequate backup, nothing more.  Drew has a better arm and about as much range--and is a better hitter.  I am delighted Cameron actually held onto that fly ball yesterday--a play that Crawford and Ellsbury would also make.   If Cameron plays in 135 games, the Sox are in trouble. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

No way does Drew have a better arm, Drew couldn't make the throw Cameron did yesterday.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Cameron a solid backup who should start vs all lefties, mostly for Drew but occasionally for Ells/Craw

Softy the banned fool coming back here on a new name, finally giving up on the reviled old moniker known to belong to the board jester.... what a joke

that man is sad and pathetic, as are the current wrong opinions of 'baseballGM' on Ells and Lowrie that mirror the ignorance Softy spewed for years

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Drew and Cameron will have a better season since they will be free agents at the end of the year.  lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

I was never sure GM was softy until this thread!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Pike it is hard to search for old softy posts. The only way is go to threads he posts on and loads of his drivel is there because it is copied when replied to.  The problem with the argument that all of softy's writings are an act is that a significant minority probably agree with him.

A good percentage of his rantings on Ellsbury have been true IMO.  Plenty of it is drivel but he deserves credit for going against the hype that Ellsbury was an above average center fielder.  Maybe he is a great left fielder, but he gets late breaks and is not a natural.

I agree with him on Lowell's last year  and his contract predictions are better than any other poster I have read.

There is plenty not to like, but to discredit all of his opinions is over the top IMO.

Is Joe Breidey a fool for arguing about Theo coveting prospects?

To each there own. Some of us just like to squabble.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I was going to search out past posts by Softlaw but was told by Moon that Softlaw deletes all of his past posts. I can see why.

He doesn't delete them, BDC bans him, and as far as I know, his posts are erased forever.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...and his contract predictions are better than any other poster I have read....

Don't drink the Kool-Aid tom, it's tainted and vile.

Case 1: softy blasted me for months and months for "getting Mauer wrong".
    My point on Mauer was that since MN would not offer what he could get on the open market, two things could happen:
      1) He'd leave a record amount of money on the table to stay in MN.
      2) He go to free agency and sign with th Yanks or Sox.
    I thought theodds were the 2nd choice would be taken. I was wrong. However, softy claimed MN would offer $17-18M/yr and that he would take it and stay. Does this mean he was "more right?' He continaully argued what MN could afford, and it wasn't even close. He was way off on the final contract number. Of course, he later claimed he prdictd the exact amount in another case of his revisionist history bent.

Case 2:
    AGon. At first softy claimed tha AGon would get $80M/5... and absurd number. When Ram said he'd get Howard money, softy went off on him. Most of us felt he'd get Tex-type money and years. softy laughed at us. He later pulled his numbe up to $18-19M/per year. Then, when the numbers started being published, sudenly softy pulls an accountant trick and claims his number per year included the 2011 season at $6M averaged in to the extension. He never mentioned this in earlier discussions. Nobody ever speaks of extensions in terms of averaging in this year wioth the "new years"... nobody... but softy.

Case 3.
    Holliday to STL. He was way off on the final numbers and on his worth. I bet even softy would now rather have Holliday than Crawford. (Of course, he'd never admit to any of this)

Case 4.
    He was way off on Crawford's deal. His idea of what popl are worth always pulls down his predicted numbers. Not many projected $20M/yr for Crawford.

What about these deals: VTek, Beltre, VMart, Lackey, etc...

Often times he puts out so many different numbers, he's bound to get one close.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Moon as you know on the Lowrie injury thing, I shoot straight.  I think he does well on the contracts, that is not to say he wasn't wrong on the examples you sight.  He may be vile but that does not preclude him from having some strengths.

I thought he was spot on Beltre '10 one year contract.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

You are one of the "straightest shooters on his board, tom. Kuds to you.

He was right about Ellsbury's fielding in CF. I gave him credit for opening my eyes on that one.

He was wrong about being the first to call Beltre's one year deal, but yes, he got the number right. I stand corrected on that one.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from billsrul. Show billsrul's posts

Back to the thread:

Cameron is probably the best defensive OF on the team, since he's a better CF than Ellsbury (he gets better breaks on the ball and has a better arm).  He should obviously play every day vs. LHP, considering his splits.  Whether or not he should play vs. RHP is another question, since Ellsbury is a clearly better offensive player than Cameron against RHP.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

billsrul, very good post. Did this "Softy" poster of obscession think Tito was the best manager in the game? I do.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Cameron is the best defensive outfielder, by far:
    ...and his contract predictions are better than any other poster I have read.... Don't drink the Kool-Aid tom, it's tainted and vile. Case 1: softy blasted me for months and months for "getting Mauer wrong". My point on Mauer was that since MN would not offer what he could get on the open market, two things could happen:   1) He'd leave a record amount of money on the table to stay in MN.   2) He go to free agency and sign with th Yanks or Sox. I thought theodds were the 2nd choice would be taken. I was wrong. However, softy claimed MN would offer $17-18M/yr and that he would take it and stay. Does this mean he was "more right?' He continaully argued what MN could afford, and it wasn't even close. He was way off on the final contract number. Of course, he later claimed he prdictd the exact amount in another case of his revisionist history bent. Case 2: AGon. At first softy claimed tha AGon would get $80M/5... and absurd number. When Ram said he'd get Howard money, softy went off on him. Most of us felt he'd get Tex-type money and years. softy laughed at us. He later pulled his numbe up to $18-19M/per year. Then, when the numbers started being published, sudenly softy pulls an accountant trick and claims his number per year included the 2011 season at $6M averaged in to the extension. He never mentioned this in earlier discussions. Nobody ever speaks of extensions in terms of averaging in this year wioth the "new years"... nobody... but softy. Case 3. Holliday to STL. He was way off on the final numbers and on his worth. I bet even softy would now rather have Holliday than Crawford. (Of course, he'd never admit to any of this) Case 4. He was way off on Crawford's deal. His idea of what popl are worth always pulls down his predicted numbers. Not many projected $20M/yr for Crawford. What about these deals: VTek, Beltre, VMart, Lackey, etc... Often times he puts out so many different numbers, he's bound to get one close.
    Posted by moonslav59

softflaw's contract predictions were atrocious

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Did this "Softy" poster of obscession think Tito was the best manager in the game? I do.

Yes, he did, before he didn't just before he did again.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Cameron is the best defensive outfielder, by far:
    Great graceful stride and quiet upper body sliding catch to end a Jays rally attempt. The OF defense is very, very, very important. Cameron should start about 135 games, starting in CF. When Drew sits versus some left handed pitching, Mac should start. Ellsbury doesn't have the arm to play a corner outfield slot on a frequent basis. When Crawford needs to sit for being ineffective or needs a day off, Cameron should be LF with Ellsbury to CF.    Of less importance, Cameron was 2 for 4 today. Very important to play Cameron most of the time for defense in the outfield, and very important to get both Cameorn and McDonald in v. most LH starting pitching.
    Posted by BaseballGM

And then 12 hours later.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I don't know what's more revealing: Sybil Softy or Pike's admission to LABELLING people.

Sections
Shortcuts