Cameron Washed update

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Cameron Washed update

uh, he had more than a fair chance in Boston. He'd still be here if he could hit.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In Response to Re: Cameron Washed update:
    uh, he had more than a fair chance in Boston. He'd still be here if he could hit.
    Posted by dannycater

No, he didn't.  He was supposed to be a full time player, and after being derailed last year by an unfortunate injury, he was relegated to a bench role.  I'm sure it is difficult to get into a groove when you've been an everyday player your entire career then are suddenly getting limited at bats.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

relegated to a bench role? He had 2 months to replace a slumping Drew in RF and Crawford got hurt in LF and he couldn't hit. Making excuses for a guy who did nothing as a Sox is certainly strange. Don't tell me you were Cameron's mistress?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

relegated to a bench role? He had 2 months to replace a slumping Drew in RF and Crawford got hurt in LF and he couldn't hit. Making excuses for a guy who did nothing as a Sox is certainly strange. Don't tell me you were Cameron's mistress?
    Posted by dannycater

Uncalled for. She's limiting this to baseball. Poor place to go to make a baseball point.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

it's a silly premise on Cameron. I didn't know you are the chat police (actually people have said that, but I dismiss it). But for the sake of sexual political correctness, sorry, kimmi, it was uncalled for to say you were excited over Cameron's hot body.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I humbly apologize, reservedly and with shame. I apologize to the Kimmi family, the Kimmi name, Bruce Kim, Kim Hunter, and Kim Kardashian.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Posted by dannycater

Don't you think it might be a little difficult to get your hitting going if you're not playing everyday?  Especially if you were out most of the previous season and you are used to being an everyday player? 

It didn't work out with Cameron, but I stick to my point that it didn't work out because of unfortunate circumstances, not because it was a bad plan.

Prior to the signing, Cameron had shown no signs of decline, either offensively or defensively.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

kimmi, yes, but at what point do you keep playing a guy who isn't hitting? or fielding all that well either. In other words, he had opportunities to play and to get in a groove. But he didn't hit well and it eventually catches up to you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Your apologies don't sound very sincere Danny.  Forgive me for trying to carry on a baseball discussion with you.

Harness, thank you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

ok, i'm sorry, kimmi.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

it's a silly premise on Cameron. I didn't know you are the chat police (actually people have said that, but I dismissit). But for the sake of sexual political correctness, sorry, kimmi, it was uncalled for to say you were excited over Cameron's hot body.
    Posted by dannycater

Again with the dismiss!!!  Yell

No, I'm not the chat police.
    I have my own issues with others, but they go beyond baseball.

You often get a bad wrap and I think it's because you sometimes post beneath yourself. You are clearly more knowledgeable than you often wish to expose.
    Nothing wrong with holding UR whole card (in fact, I live there), but taking a Softlaw approach - abusive when losing a debate, or out of impatience - is truly beneath you.

Your apologetic retort was pure DC classic!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

kimmi, yes, but at what point do you keep playing a guy who isn't hitting? or fielding all that well either. In other words, he had opportunities to play and to get in a groove. But he didn't hit well and it eventually catches up to you.
    Posted by dannycater

I understand the FO's decision to release him.  When I said that he never had a fair chance in Boston, I didn't mean to imply that this was because the Red Sox did him wrong, but rather because of unfortunate circumstances.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

ok, i'm sorry, kimmi.
    Posted by dannycater

Thank you Danny, apology accepted.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

FWIW, I think Kimmi has a point in that the plan was made of good intent and might have panned out if CAM had stayed healthy. He really didn't have a poor injury history and was in good shape.

But he never was a role player and coupling that with a year of down time escalated the aging process.

That's where DC is right. How much time do you give a guy who isn't cutting it? Regardless of the reasons, the ultimate decision was for the good of the team.
    Cam is now playing more and still hitting less than .200 - in the N.L.
    It was never totally clear that he was aging out. But it looks that way now, despite a good game here or there.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

It was more than the hitting; he lost it in the field; I was there first hand to see an example of it. We are talking about a player who was an elite CFer once; I'm not really on the sabermetrician bandwagon per se (with a few exceptions), but one yr he had one of the highest RFs in history (around 3.34). FWIW, he was already a step slower the 2 yrs before he joined the RS.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

That's where DC is right. How much time do you give a guy who isn't cutting it? Regardless of the reasons, the ultimate decision was for the good of the team . Posted by harness

I have no argument with that. I tend to have a lot more patience with struggling players than most.  I would have given him some more time, but the FO is usually right in their decisions on when to let players go.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

nh, it's why age is a factor in free agent signings for every day players. What Cameron could do at 30, he could do less at 35, and even less at 38. It's a legit barometer for a hitter. Bichette was a guy who lost it and lost it fast. Greenwell was an outstanding hitter for several years and then he couldn't hit his way out of a paper bag his last 2 seasons. Rice turned into a glorified singles hitter his last year. Father Time catches up to you.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

nh, it's why age is a factor in free agent signings for every day players. What Cameron could do at 30, he could do less at 35, and even less at 38. It's a legit barometer for a hitter. Bichette was a guy who lost it and lost it fast. Greenwell was an outstanding hitter for several years and then he couldn't hit his way out of a paper bag his last 2 seasons. Rice turned into a glorified singles hitter his last year. Father Time catches up to you.
    Posted by dannycater

This could easily apply to Derek Lowe as well, to a varying degree.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

FWIW, he was already a step slower the 2 yrs before he joined the RS.
    Posted by nhsteven

Steven, I don't think he was a step slower the 2 years before he joined the RS.  I guess it depends on what defensive metric you're looking at, and I know they're not perfect, but from what I've looked at, I didn't see any indication that he was losing a step.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Would Jake be "cutting it" with that same. 321 OBP?
    How about that great BA? Or his OPS?

Losers don't know when to cut their losses.
    You should have let it go after hammering Jake relentlessly last year.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

You should have cut your losses when you guaranteed Agon would be a Padre last spring and Crawbust was going to create havoc. Instead,  your temper and anger make you incoherent. Career averages for non-AARP players is something you and Theo will never learn.  Wastefield is really a BP launching pad for monster homers.    
    Posted by billbyboy

You weren't even in the betting realm, with a cowardly 50/50 stance.
    I said the team would go all out on an AGONE run and he'd be likely be in a RedSox uniform by 7/31. What's today's date?

Without Crawbury, the team is looking up at NY - by several games.
    "The REDSOX will not pursue Crawford" - Softlaw.

Ur emotional bias has turned you into a banned punching bag.
    But that's how you want it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Cameron is "cutting it" in Florida with 3 homeruns and OBP of .321 in 16 games. Most Red Sox fans love Veritek and Wastefield but cruicify Ortiz in 2009 and 2010 and do not like colored players. It is a fact! harness is a loser who claims pain and injuries as excuses for excessive idle time board bully with a lot of idle time. his entire self esteem is tied up in a two time loser off the field old 40 year old fan favorite getting ready to be kicked out of baseball catcher.  
    Posted by billbyboy

AGAIN with the RACE BAITING???

You love to talk about what wonderful "Christians" you and your friends are.....  ad nosium 

BUT!!!!!     This is truly where you live!!!!  Whatever it takes to divide!!!  Race baiting....  Homophobia.....
    Rampant PRIDE....   Hating those who you & your friends don't relate to... i.e. gays, liberals, Democrats, & of course minorities (which, by the way, is why you constantly inject the "race card" that you pretend to despise....  YOU LOVE IT because it divides people on racial lines....  YOU THINK you're smart, but it does not require even an 80 IQ to see through your games.

It's clear you hate the Red Sox & RS fans..... Which, is of course why you try so hard to stir up racial tensions & ugly debates.  It's all an attempt to make RS nation look bad. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Re: Cameron Washed update : This could easily apply to Derek Lowe as well, to a varying degree.
    Posted by harness

Maybe so on Lowe, but I look at his history, and his ability to get outs in pressure spots in the postseason, and he has done that over the years. There were many a time I wish the Sox had Lowe (or Arroyo) when they were struggling with pitcher injuries. Guys who don't get injured, actual workhorses.

Sections
Shortcuts