Can anyone appreciate Hunter Pence?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Can anyone appreciate Hunter Pence?

You should because he kills LHP which could end up being our downfall.  If the Giants put this guy on waivers which I doubt we better jump all over him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Can anyone appreciate Hunter Pence?

In response to craze4sox's comment:

You should because he kills LHP which could end up being our downfall.  If the Giants put this guy on waivers which I doubt we better jump all over him.

They will expose most of their team to waivers. most teams do. just to get an idea of the demand for guys.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

They will expose most of their team to waivers. most teams do. just to get an idea of the demand for guys.

We need a guy like Pence, I have been saying this for two years.  The Astros are probably the worst team in baseball if this guy beats us tonight it should open our FO's eyes wide open.  We did a great job solving our SP problem but we still can't hit lefties.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

We need a guy like Pence, I have been saying this for two years.  The Astros are probably the worst team in baseball if this guy beats us tonight it should open our FO's eyes wide open.  We did a great job solving our SP problem but we still can't hit lefties.

Nap is horrible, we need  to pick up a decent RH bat before the PS and not re-sign him in the off season. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I go to SF Giants games & can't wait to go to 2 out of 3 when we play them Aug 19-21. Hunter Pence is the sparkplug of this team & is a free agent and might still be available in August for a trade. I bet he could play first base and we platoon Napoli or just use him to pinch hit or DH when Ortiz needs a rest. If he performs well, keep him at a reduced salary or unload him. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

You know who else "kills LHPs"?

Gomes and Victorino were top 10 vs LHPs the 2-3 years before joing the Sox.

Papi killed lefties last year.

Ellsbury used to be almost exactly even between LHPs and RHPs.

Ross was supposed to play catcher vs LHPs. (They don't trust Lava to do even that, and they are burning out Salty in the process.)

Our weakness is against LHPs. Drew is one of the worst, and we traded away Iggy.

They brought in a righty tonight and didn't pinch hit Nava for Gomes. Hmmm...

I think the brass is putting all the hopes on Gomes and Victorino regaining their excellence vs LHPs, and they didn't view Pence as a big enough upgrade to be worth his cost in prospects. I happen to agree. The positions we need the biggest upgrade vs LHPs are: SS, 3B and catcher- not the OF.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from one-for-the-road. Show one-for-the-road's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

[QUOTE]

and I thought everyone knew Nava was away on paternity leave, silly me...

BTW Pence would never get tru, Boston could/should be the last team in order to put a claim, so, no, no Pence this year

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to one-for-the-road's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

and I thought everyone knew Nava was away on paternity leave, silly me...

BTW Pence would never get tru, Boston could/should be the last team in order to put a claim, so, no, no Pence this year

I didn't know. Silly me. 

I was at the game and missed the commentary or pregame shows.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

We may have our own Hunter pence--don't get me wrong I like all the poster comments about hm. I had suggested a Pence for Ells straight up move Vic to CF and Pence in RF. Two FA swapping uni's for the last two months.

At some point a call needs to be made to AAA for WMB or Bogaerts. I'm sure there is a way to see how many runners Nap has left on base since the AS break--this is getting to be a problem. Last night at least he got the ball to an outfielder.

If JF has no confidence in Lava--send him down and bring up Butler---the kid has 9-10 dingers  and is a RH bat and is another one of the five catchers on the 40 man squad.

Worst case scenario, take your chances running Snyder through waivers; I think we moved Iggy partly because we had a plethora of  left side of infield players. 

Sections
Shortcuts