Can Bard be the Sox' Pineda?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-Bay-Fan. Show J-Bay-Fan's posts

Re: Can Bard be the Sox' Pineda?

Cmon we know! BARD CAN DO THE JOB AS STARTER! .. GO RED SOX

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

It is very exciting.  Bard's conversion to starter has become the lynch pin of the 2012 season.  If he can't come through, the Sox might be scrambling hard for a semblance of a  rotation.  If he can be Pineda-esque, whew, thats about as solid a top 4 as there is in the AL.  And they can find one I am sure from the scrap heap/farm crew to hold down the 5 until Dice's return.  

It is a big question mark, but a very exciting one.  If the gamble pays off, Ben C. looks good for holding his cards this off-season.  If not, he looks bad.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Don't ever let a troll curb or reduce your optimism. Your feelings are legitimate / passionate / and hopeful because you are a fan / fanatic.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Re: Can Bard be the Sox' Pineda?:
    In response to "Re: Can Bard be the Sox' Pineda?": Only where applicable...he's just an example of someone who's had success making the conversion from reliever to starter. Only an idiot would cite one example of a failure or a success and assume Bard will be either...
    Posted by jasko2248

I understand but he is one guy.  I think generally starters have an easier  transition to become relievers and not the other way around.  We'll see what happens.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I know I will be blasted by the trolls for being optimistic but I actually feel really good about the rotation. The three headed monster of Beckett, Lester and Buch I feel will have really good years...I think they will all be pitching with a chip on their shoulder..especially Beckett and Lester with how last year ended and how they were fingered as the reason. All accounts say Buch is healthy and I think he is ready to make that jump to an ace. Bard is a wild card but he can be a very good wild card. I like our chances with him as our #4. Aceves in the #5 hole is also promising...how many #5 guys have what Aceves can bring to the table. Throw in Doubront, Tazawa and a mid season Dice K looking for a contract and I like the depth and that is assuming that Cooke, Padilla, Silva do nothing but mop up or pitch in Pawtucket this year. I am excited about the rotation...anxious about the bullpen though...Alex Wilson could be called on if things get bad in the pen and if he can step up I think the Sox could have a special year 
    Posted by thepeskypole6

I agree Pesky.  Bard is a great unknown.  But, of course, he has great stuff and if the experiment works, hot dam, that is as solid a ro, one through four, as you are going to find in the A.L. ... well, maybe outside Tampa.  In any case, it will be fascinating.  Those who think that the Sox are desparate for pitching have to assume that the Bard experiment will not work.  Those that think the Sox rotation looks solid assume bard will work.  Good stuff.  Gonna be an interesting camp for sure.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: Can Bard be the Sox' Pineda?":
    In Response to Re: Can Bard be the Sox' Pineda? : I understand but he is one guy.  I think generally starters have an easier  transition to become relievers and not the other way around.  We'll see what happens. Posted by Camelwalk
    OK, Brandon Morrow and Derek Lowe are 2 more guys. You cited only one guy yourself, Joba Chamberlain, who is not very bright, and you made it sound like because Joba the cement head couldn't do it, there's no way Bard can...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In response to "Re: Can Bard be the Sox' Pineda?": OK, Brandon Morrow and Derek Lowe are 2 more guys. You cited only one guy yourself, Joba Chamberlain, who is not very bright, and you made it sound like because Joba the cement head couldn't do it, there's no way Bard can...
    Posted by jasko2248

I said GENERALLY.  Also there is no evidence that Bard has any more intellect than Joba, so your response is just dumb. 

Bard won't be a good starter and will go back to the pen, just you wait and see Homer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In Response to Re: Can Bard be the Sox' Pineda? : I said GENERALLY.  Also there is no evidence that Bard has any more intellect than Joba, so your response is just dumb.  Bard won't be a good starter and will go back to the pen, just you wait and see Homer. Posted by Camelwalk
    "Generally" is a great "go to word" when someone doesn't have any facts to back up a statement. Anyway, nice mini tantrum, and now I have no doubt that Bard "will not be a good starter" after your convincing argument....thanks for the incite Nostradamas

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In response to "Re: Can Bard be the Sox' Pineda?": "Generally" is a great "go to word" when someone doesn't have any facts to back up a statement. Anyway, nice mini tantrum, and now I have no doubt that Bard "will not be a good starter" after your convincing argument....thanks for the incite Nostradamas
    Posted by jasko2248

The 3 starters you named didn't win the case for you.  Generally is a good term to use instead of naming every reliever who failed as a starter.  As for my convincing you, no problem.  Anytime.

He's a good pitcher out of the pen and will go back there, it doesn't matter anyway as they are a 3rd or 4th place team this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Does anyone here know what the weather is like today in Fort Lauderdale?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In Response to Re: Can Bard be the Sox' Pineda? : The 3 starters you named didn't win the case for you.  Generally is a good term to use instead of naming every reliever who failed as a starter.  As for my convincing you, no problem.  Anytime. He's a good pitcher out of the pen and will go back there, it doesn't matter anyway as they are a 3rd or 4th place team this year. Posted by Camelwalk
    Haha, OK buddy, thanks for deep insight. I didn't plan on watching the Sox this year anyway, as I was planning on finishing my novel, titled, "Yankee fans who are still bitter over the way the 2004 season ended."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

Does anyone here know what the weather is like today in Fort Lauderdale? Posted by UticaClub
    Ask Camelwalk...even if he has no idea, he'll tell you what he thinks it's "generally" like...

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In response to "Re: Can Bard be the Sox' Pineda?": Ask Camelwalk...even if he has no idea, he'll tell you what he thinks it's "generally" like...
    Posted by jasko2248

Pinstripe has no idea what the argument was about but he is on Babe's side regardless.

ARMY STRONG.

IGNORE THEM.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

as I was planning on finishing my novel, titled, "Yankee fans who are still bitter over the way the 2004 season ended." Posted by jasko2248 oh my jasko I'm disappointed I would have bet you had better game than that Posted by pinstripezac
    Not my best effort, Zac, but sometimes you play down to the competition...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In response to "Re: Can Bard be the Sox' Pineda?": Haha, OK buddy, thanks for deep insight. I didn't plan on watching the Sox this year anyway, as I was planning on finishing my novel, titled, "Yankee fans who are still bitter over the way the 2004 season ended."
    Posted by jasko2248

Nobody is bitter, 27 World Championships sweetens everything.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Jasko

IGNORE THE BABE.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

Jasko IGNORE THE BABE.
    Posted by UticaClub

Oh Kim, you're so funny.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

80 degrees and sunny in Fort Lauderdale. Time for Happy Hour at the sports bar?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

80 degrees and sunny in Fort Lauderdale. Time for Happy Hour at the sports bar?
    Posted by UticaClub

I don't know Kim, I'm in NYC.

Sections
Shortcuts