Can Beckett do what Pedro did?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Can Beckett do what Pedro did?

The Sox rewarded Beckett with 50 million extension, the Sox rewarded Pedro with a kick out the door to his next team. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In Response to Re: Can Beckett do what Pedro did?:
    [QUOTE]Josh Beckett, and Pedro Martinez should not even be mentioned in the same sentence, sorry. Pedro was a competitor, a gamer, Josh Beckett is a bum, and a loser.
    Posted by JohnnyLefty[/QUOTE]

You just mentioned them in the same sentence quite effectively.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Josh Beckett, and Pedro Martinez should not even be mentioned in the same sentence, sorry. Pedro was a competitor, a gamer, Josh Beckett is a bum, and a loser.
    Posted by JohnnyLefty[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call Beckett a loser, but he definitely can't be compared to Pedro.  Pedro was one of the best pitchers the Red Sox ever had and one of the best pitchers of the past 20 years or so.  You can't say the same thing about Beckett.  Many MLB pitchers will never accomplish what Pedro did in his career. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Pedro was effective at becoming a "pitcher" when his power stuff decreased for a few reasons IMO. One, he had the deceptive sidearm or 3/4 delivery. Two, he naturally had a lot of movement on his pitches. Three, he had great control and command. Lastly, he had a great changeup with great depth and movement that complimented his fastball.

Beckett has a traditional release point - has a tendency to throw flat pitches (other than his curve) - has average control and command (somehow he keeps throwing good pitches and they are getting hit - maybe because they aren't?) - and he has become a fastball-curveball pitcher (good for a power pitcher, not an older pitcher)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

No way.

I mean, I just can't see it.

He's from TEXAS!

I can't even imagine him rocking a jheri curl...I just can't.

So, no, he can not.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]No way. I mean, I just can't see it. He's from TEXAS! I can't even imagine him rocking a jheri curl...I just can't. So, no, he can not.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE] plus i don't think Becks is the type to tell a good mango tree story..Tongue out

7. This post has been removed.