Can Lackey pitch 225+ innings and win 22+ for us this year?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobLoblaw2005a. Show BobLoblaw2005a's posts

Re: Can Lackey pitch 225+ innings and win 22+ for us this year?

In response to LR3683paw's comment:

I said that Lackey was pitching injured and had personal problems and Carnie responded by telling me to talk baseball. Where was the hijack?

BDC removed the post Carnie actually replied to, but unfortunately for you its content is still visible in the replies.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

One ray of hope;

Nick Cafardo ‏@nickcafardo 

Red Sox manager John Farrell said you won't recognize John Lackey because he's in such great shape. Lackey returns from Tommy J surgery.

Don't start getting my hopes up!  Whenever I hear great things about movie, I'm inevitably disappointed.

Can't we just assume that Lackey will suck & pray he doesn't???

Everyone is going to recognize Lackey once he starts pitching. No one else is that bad. He was THE WORST pitcher in the AL, based on ERA, with over 100 IP during the last year he pitched. Not expecting much more from him.

He was pitching injured and had many personal problems. Did you get the memo?

I am expecting him to have results similar to what he did in 2010, the last year he pitched a full season for us and was most likely healthy. His ERA and WHIP were not good that year; they were mediocre. Considering his salary I think its fair to say that we could have done better. We need an ace and a #2 SP, not someone with an ERA over 4.4.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

In response to devildavid's comment:

I expect Lackey to win 30+ and pitch 300+ innings, and Napoli to hit 60+ HRs. Napoli will shout encouraging words from first base that will inspire Lackey to greatness.

Now there's the rightful optimism Kimmy's been looking for!  Don't rain on our parade Yankee "trolls!" 

p.s.  Are they like the trolls in Billy Goats Gruff?  Where do these "trolls" live?  Under a bridge?  Would that be the Staten Island Bridge or ...  Do they really eat Boston fans for breakfast?  Couldn't the TSA take jursdiction over this "terroristic" threat?  Is there a chance they've made their way under the Tobin? 

This is on page #2 and this is where the thread got hijacked.

...and you've taken over the controls of the plane.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTChris. Show CTChris's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

It's nearly impossible to project what Lackey will do in 2013. We don't really know how good he would have been in 2011 had he not pitched injured all year. Was his decline in 2009 and 2010 injury related as well? Not knowing the answers to these questions makes predicting Lackey's 2013 a coin toss at best.

I hope he does well. If I had to guess, I'd say he does about the same or slightly better than 2010...

14-11  4.40  1.42

I agree. Preseason pitching projections can be (and usually are) a crap shoot that seldom have a ton of accuracy attached to them.

With that in mind, here's the guess Bill James has for him....

His projection on Lackey: 12-12, 4.05 209 IP 163 K 59 BB

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTChris. Show CTChris's posts

In response to HelloItsMeAgain1's comment:

I agree. Preseason pitching projections can be (and usually are) a crap shoot that seldom have a ton of accuracy attached to them.

With that in mind, here's the guess Bill James has for him....

His projection on Lackey: 12-12, 4.05 209 IP 163 K 59 BB

Sounds to me that bill james is being very generous in terms of ERA and innings pitched 

[/QUOTE]

I agree on the over rating of the IP. I would be very surprised to see Lackey pitch 200 innings this season......and yes, the ERA looks a little low too, but you never know. If I had to guess, I'd have Lackey somewhere around a 4.30-4.40.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I see Lackey with about 12-14 Wins and 10ish losses. Probably an ERA in the low 4's and even though he was out a year with TJs, IMO hes had plenty of time to build stamina back  to throw 180-200IP. Funny, because these are about the same numbers I see Dempster having as well...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

man kimsaysthis you are whacked and tiresome

Riiiiight. And it's completley over your head that a poster who apparently wanted to protect his age and his information gave it freely as a 20-year-old using his "father's" account. All the while having a profile that said 34. Looks more to me like someone who forgot he said he was 34. But don't worry. That's not whacked.

He also said his name was Michael. I even responded to his post asking if his name was really Michael. Some things are just common sense.

I don't know about that. Maybe through your prism. I don't know why I'm like this, but I can't wait to read your posts. That's not a good thing. I'll chalk it up to my morbid curiosity, if not worse. I'm sure Enchilada has another theory.

Halifax has the same problem. Maybe you two should form a support group for people who can't stop reading my posts even though they want to and hate themselves for it.

This time, you're spot on.