Can Lackey pitch 225+ innings and win 22+ for us this year?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTChris. Show CTChris's posts

Re: Can Lackey pitch 225+ innings and win 22+ for us this year?

In response to HelloItsMeAgain1's comment:

I agree. Preseason pitching projections can be (and usually are) a crap shoot that seldom have a ton of accuracy attached to them.

With that in mind, here's the guess Bill James has for him....

His projection on Lackey: 12-12, 4.05 209 IP 163 K 59 BB

Sounds to me that bill james is being very generous in terms of ERA and innings pitched 

[/QUOTE]

I agree on the over rating of the IP. I would be very surprised to see Lackey pitch 200 innings this season......and yes, the ERA looks a little low too, but you never know. If I had to guess, I'd have Lackey somewhere around a 4.30-4.40.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I see Lackey with about 12-14 Wins and 10ish losses. Probably an ERA in the low 4's and even though he was out a year with TJs, IMO hes had plenty of time to build stamina back  to throw 180-200IP. Funny, because these are about the same numbers I see Dempster having as well...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

man kimsaysthis you are whacked and tiresome

Riiiiight. And it's completley over your head that a poster who apparently wanted to protect his age and his information gave it freely as a 20-year-old using his "father's" account. All the while having a profile that said 34. Looks more to me like someone who forgot he said he was 34. But don't worry. That's not whacked.

He also said his name was Michael. I even responded to his post asking if his name was really Michael. Some things are just common sense.

I don't know about that. Maybe through your prism. I don't know why I'm like this, but I can't wait to read your posts. That's not a good thing. I'll chalk it up to my morbid curiosity, if not worse. I'm sure Enchilada has another theory.

Halifax has the same problem. Maybe you two should form a support group for people who can't stop reading my posts even though they want to and hate themselves for it.

This time, you're spot on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

In response to LR3683paw's comment:

Everyone here could summarize their opinions on what Ben Cherrington has done during hotstove in five or six paragraphs. I have done that but it is diffused over different posts at the time of each signing / trade.  Once that synopsis of your opinion is done then that is it unless you wish to rehash it daily and argue with others or insist that your opinion is better than opinions of others. Coming here for conflict is not "discussing baseball", it is debate, argument, trolling, enabling, and destructive. Softlaw, Georom, Zac, Babe, and Yazzer do not come here to discuss baseball - no they come here to stir the pot of conflict. They and those that take the bait come here for entertainment and not to discuss baseball. List what Ben has done right or wrong once. Don't repeat it daily. Come here to post information or receive information.

I think I see the ban hammer swinging back your way pike.

Do you see it swinging back to Triumph or Mef or any other "characters" created on this board by Mikey the King of all imaginary characters and a Yankee troll that destroyed this board for years with thread bumping and immitating Sox fans on this site? At least Pike comes back as himself each time.

Disagree; on a bunch of his incantations (including the latest) he at first denied it, or pretended to not even know who he was, or even tried to mask his style (always feeble as well). Then he would drop the (transparent anyway) veneer when he realized the gig was up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to HelloItsMeAgain1's comment:

I have a theory about screennames that only say one line. It's because they're afraid they're going to sound like their other screennames here. Let's face it, you're just here to insult Boston fans and not get recognized.

You have posted on how many threads in the past 15 mins?

And exactly ZERO of them are even remotely related to baseball.

Why come to a baseball forum to not talk baseball?

There has to be an ex rock video vixen forum somewhere on the internet. LOL.

Is there some reason why Yankee trolls believe they can go around insulting Sox fans, and if you respond, said Yankee trolls are here to tell you you're not discussing baseball? LMAO

Until the board gets rid of the Yankee trolls, I'll say whatever I want about you and your ilk here. Got it?

[/QUOTE]

Go, caped crusader.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I'm very cautiously optimistic here, but I'd be okay with something in the ballpark of what he did in 2010 (though he won't throw 215 innings). He's not going to be what he was in Anaheim or earn his $16+ million salary, but if he can at least contribute it'll be much more than what we got in 2011 and 2012.

(And if he's having a decent first half, maybe we can find some contending team in the NL who's willing to flip a prospect or two for him, clearing a spot for Rubby DLR.)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Everyone here could summarize their opinions on what Ben Cherrington has done during hotstove in five or six paragraphs. I have done that but it is diffused over different posts at the time of each signing / trade.  Once that synopsis of your opinion is done then that is it unless you wish to rehash it daily and argue with others or insist that your opinion is better than opinions of others. Coming here for conflict is not "discussing baseball", it is debate, argument, trolling, enabling, and destructive. Softlaw, Georom, Zac, Babe, and Yazzer do not come here to discuss baseball - no they come here to stir the pot of conflict. They and those that take the bait come here for entertainment and not to discuss baseball. List what Ben has done right or wrong once. Don't repeat it daily. Come here to post information or receive information.

Do you see it swinging back to Triumph or Mef or any other "characters" created on this board by Mikey the King of all imaginary characters and a Yankee troll that destroyed this board for years with thread bumping and immitating Sox fans on this site? At least Pike comes back as himself each time.

Disagree; on a bunch of his incantations (including the latest) he at first denied it, or pretended to even know who he was, or even tried to mask his style (always feeble as well). Then he would drop the (transparent anyway) veneer when he realized the gig was up.

and the irony of all ironies, Pike has come back pretending to be a yankee fan,  Yonkersman and louiethelipp, until he showed his badge. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Disagree; on a bunch of his incantations (including the latest) he at first denied it, or pretended to even know who he was, or even tried to mask his style (always feeble as well). Then he would drop the (transparent anyway) veneer when he realized the gig was up.

and the irony of all ironies, Pike has come back pretending to be a yankee fan,  Yonkersman and louiethelipp, until he showed his badge. 

that worked well

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

RE: Can Lackey pitch 225+ innings and win 22+ for us this year?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:

wins 2nd

SMH Zac.

I know that you are very pigheaded   old school,

but I thought we were making progress with this W/L thing for pitchers.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:

LOL kimmi

don't give up

afterall I did say 2nd

LOL Zac.  I guess we're making some progress.

I won't give up,

but do you ever feel like you're talking to a brick wall?   ;-)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Pike is normally Pike however and that shouldn't be as annoying or deceptive as Mikey being twenty different characters who speak in defferent tongues, now that is really deceptive.  Actually Pike is merely trying to bring the optimist level up to 30 percent in an effort to neutralize the effect of the Mikey Army and the  20 old geezers who wake up grumpty with constipation and hate their Sox 24/7.

The Internet is surely crazy, today I learned that a 70 yr. old here whose hero is Denny Galehouse and hates everything about the Red Sox wanted to send away for a dozen Red Sox jerseys.  This is the guy who found a $20 bill on the sidewalk last week and complained that it was dirty and wrinkled. Gon figure. No, it wasn't Zillagod.

since when do we talk in the 3rd person? MEF really like this idea. MEF shall also talk in the 3rd person from now on. MEF would like to thank pike for starting this fad. MEF is very appreciative.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

Pike is normally Pike however and that shouldn't be as annoying or deceptive as Mikey being twenty different characters who speak in defferent tongues, now that is really deceptive.  Actually Pike is merely trying to bring the optimist level up to 30 percent in an effort to neutralize the effect of the Mikey Army and the  20 old geezers who wake up grumpty with constipation and hate their Sox 24/7.

The Internet is surely crazy, today I learned that a 70 yr. old here whose hero is Denny Galehouse and hates everything about the Red Sox wanted to send away for a dozen Red Sox jerseys.  This is the guy who found a $20 bill on the sidewalk last week and complained that it was dirty and wrinkled. Gon figure. No, it wasn't Zillagod.

since when do we talk in the 3rd person? MEF really like this idea. MEF shall also talk in the 3rd person from now on. MEF would like to thank pike for starting this fad. MEF is very appreciative.

It's beyond belief.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

It's beyond belief.

It really is......beyond scary

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

It's beyond belief.

It really is.....beyond scary

Yes

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I think Lackey will do better than most of us expect, but not 225/22. I'd say more like 170/14 is a possibility.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts