Can Lester Handle the Pressure?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Can Lester Handle the Pressure?

9-1 Rays

Any questions?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

In Response to Re: Can Lester Handle the Pressure?:
    [QUOTE]9-1 Rays Any questions?
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

RSN is very discouraged. So are Remy and Orsillo, Tom Caron and Jim Rice. Why is anything that you say any different or enlightening. Any questions?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene-. Show Bad-Scene-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can Lester Handle the Pressure? : RSN is very discouraged. So are Remy and Orsillo, Tom Caron and Jim Rice. Why is anything that you say any different or enlightening. Any questions?
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE]

Again, why question this fan for being frustrated over this turn of events?  Is every fan supposed to feel how you do and react as you do?   If that were the case every poster on this forum would be questioning each other for what they post.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can Lester Handle the Pressure? : RSN is very discouraged. So are Remy and Orsillo, Tom Caron and Jim Rice. Why is anything that you say any different or enlightening. Any questions?

The question of the OP was "can Lester handle the pressure?"

and I think we have our answer

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Andrewmitch seems to think that he has a monopoly on being frustrated. Have you read his posts over the years? It gets very repetitive, boring, and predictable. I was merely asking him to elaborate on his " 9-1, any questions". What is his question? Is he saying " I told you so?"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Andrewmitch seems to think that he has a monopoly on being frustrated. Have you read his posts over the years? It gets very repetitive, boring, and predictable. I was merely asking him to elaborate on his " 9-1, any questions". What is his question? Is he saying " I told you so?"

Then don't read it

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene-. Show Bad-Scene-'s posts

[QUOTE]Andrewmitch seems to think that he has a monopoly on being frustrated. Have you read his posts over the years? It gets very repetitive, boring, and predictable. I was merely asking him to elaborate on his " 9-1, any questions". What is his question? Is he saying " I told you so?"

How would you know how Andrew posts?  You just got here.  I also know of a repetitive poster because I did not just get here and he has a few aliases one is even of a girl and he constantly tells people how to post and questions their motives, very much like you're doing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from njalb. Show njalb's posts

I think we can all agree that Lester "spit-the bit"  If ever they needed a decent outing it was today, and he showed no guts at all. It was either 3 game lead, or 5 game lead, and he didn't give the team any shot at all. Ace? Uh, NO

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can Lester Handle the Pressure? : hey you said he pitched great in the 08 PS i disagreed and took G3 of the ALCS "off the shelf" sorry if you think facts are sarcasism but if you think he pitched great in the 08 PS then common sense would dictate that you may have missed G3
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Re-read what I posted.  You copied it yourself.  I said he pitched well in the 2008 ALDS, not the 2008 PS.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can Lester Handle the Pressure? : How would you know how Andrew posts?  You just got here.  I also know of a repetitive poster because I did not just get here and he has a few aliases one is even of a girl and he constantly tells people how to post and questions their motives, very much like you're doing.
    Posted by Bad-Scene-[/QUOTE]

Geez, this guy gets around. What is he-the post police?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can Lester Handle the Pressure? : Re-read what I posted.  You copied it yourself.  I said he pitched well in the 2008 ALDS, not the 2008 PS.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

Actually you didn't

You said that he pitched "VERY well"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can Lester Handle the Pressure? : Career averages aren't really misleading.  He pitched very well in the 2008 ALDS. I'm not trying to fudge numbers.  He has an ERA of 4.82 in his last 3 postseason starts and I'm very disappointed in his start today.  There are some negatives on his big-game tally sheet. I hope he does better in the big games the rest of the way this year. 
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

see?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The point is that he was NOT consistent in 2008 and lost in 2009.....you saw G3, right?   Not consistent.  He can get knocked around.  Which means he is not a big game pitcher and that he in fact, can not handle the pressure.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

yes, now let's rip the 15-7 guy because he didnt throw a 7 Ip, 11 K shutout today. Obviously, some of you fans can't handle the pressure of a Sox 4.5 game lead. I lead the league on this forum for doomsaying and I even think this is an alltime bonehead thread. You guys are beyond belief. Lester is one of the 10 best pitchers in the AL not named Verlander, Weaver, Haren, and a few others. He threw a ridiculous amount of pitches for 4 IP, and he had an off day. End of story. As for big game pitching, when are some of our vaunted hitters going to help the team out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I'd still take Lester over Haren or Weaver, although Weaver is having a terrific season, aided by pitching in CA.

If Lester was gonna implode, bettah today than in October!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Haren has been lights out even when he loses. Lester though is probably a better pitcher however.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Haren is having a good year, but he too is benefiting from a pitching venue. Check out his numbers in hitting venues. Same with Weaver.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]Haren is having a good year, but he too is benefiting from a pitching venue. Check out his numbers in hitting venues. Same with Weaver.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

It really is such an overlooked aspect of playing in the AL West.  Pitching for Oakland, LAA, or Seattle guarantees that ~75% of your starts will be made in a pitcher's park.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can Lester Handle the Pressure? : It really is such an overlooked aspect of playing in the AL West.  Pitching for Oakland, LAA, or Seattle guarantees that ~75% of your starts will be made in a pitcher's park.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

And against lesser competition in a rediculously unbalanced schedule.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can Lester Handle the Pressure? : And against lesser competition in a rediculously unbalanced schedule.

LAA and Tex are still good teams... and Oakland has ability to win some games.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can Lester Handle the Pressure? : LAA and Tex are still good teams... and Oakland has ability to win some games.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

My point is, CA's rotation feeds off a steady diet of M's and A's.
    What would they do playing 72 games against Boston/NY/Toronto/Rays?

Angels pitching away from their home pitching venue is worse than Boston's away from Fenway.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Spin doctors are at work to deflect Lester's predictably poor performance in a big game.  Reality is a hard pill to swallow. Read my pre game prediction , and tell me that it was not right on the money.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can Lester Handle the Pressure? : How would you know how Andrew posts?  You just got here.  I also know of a repetitive poster because I did not just get here and he has a few aliases one is even of a girl and he constantly tells people how to post and questions their motives, very much like you're doing.
    Posted by Bad-Scene-[/QUOTE]

It would figure Mikey would love a negative Sox fan, wouldn't it? lol I believe I'm the female you're referring to. Whatsamatter? Nothing going on in the Bronx or City Island? The only thing you have to do is troll baseball message boards?

Maybe if you got out once in a while you'd meet some females, and then it wouldn't be so confusing for you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Spin doctors are at work to deflect Lester's predictably poor performance in a big game.  Reality is a hard pill to swallow. Read my pre game prediction , and tell me that it was not right on the money.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

It wasn't. You said Shields would throw a shutout.
    Sorry. No payoff.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can Lester Handle the Pressure? : It wasn't. You said Shields would throw a shutout. Sorry. No payoff.
    Yeah. Brilliant Harness. One run, not a shutout. And 8 1/3 , not a complete game. Okay , happy now?  Big deal. The point was and is , Shields totally outpitched Lester.  Were you surprised?   I was not.