Can someone explain Manny Machado's stats, and WAR?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Can someone explain Manny Machado's stats, and WAR?

The guy has a 5.3 WAR, but a OPS of .782... His DWAR is 3.1, but has 7 errors and a .960fld percantage... 

While young Jose Igelesia DWAR is 0.2?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Can someone explain Manny Machado's stats, and WAR?

In response to chickenandboose's comment:

The guy has a 5.3 WAR, but a OPS of .782... His DWAR is 3.1, but has 7 errors and a .960fld percantage... 

While young Jose Igelesia DWAR is 0.2?

Iggys defense dropped off at third

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Maybe sometime when I have nothing else to do for a week, I will try to figure out the complicated system for player evaluation that is known as WAR.  In the meantime , I prefer to watch the games, look at the stats and evaluate players compared with others at their position.  Not too interested in how many " wins " a player is worth as opposed to an imaginary " replacement. "  You really don't need WAR to know that Iglesias is a great defensive shortstop , and Machado is a terrific all around player.

Stabbed by Foulke

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i think i can/have explained WAR better than anyone on this board...

<fllush>

As always - 100% correct!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Maybe sometime when I have nothing else to do for a week, I will try to figure out the complicated system for player evaluation that is known as WAR.  In the meantime , I prefer to watch the games, look at the stats and evaluate players compared with others at their position.  Not too interested in how many " wins " a player is worth as opposed to an imaginary " replacement. "  You really don't need WAR to know that Iglesias is a great defensive shortstop , and Machado is a terrific all around player.

Stabbed by Foulke

I'll second the motion...

Sections
Shortcuts