Can someone explain why we bother?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Can someone explain why we bother?

I don't understand why anyone bothers to post here the moderators pick and choose who to  ban on a nonsensical basis. The continual this post removed bs is crazy. Either ban everyone or let it all go unremoved.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: Can someone explain why we bother?

2013 there are rules for posting a transgression of which can either get your post turned off or yourself being banned. We must assume there is nothing nonsensical about it. Unless of course you have worked for this forum and have all the facts.

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Dont get where youre coming from Jim. To say some of the reasoning behind the post removal lately isnt nonsensical is nonsensical in itself. Ive had posts removed that had nothing at all objectionable in them, and Ive seen others get posts removed as well. Its nonsensical: meaning, it has absolutely no logic whatsoever compared to any standard of common sense. Where it starts to make sense in some cases (and some this doesnt help explain it at all) is when you apply standards of ridiculous political correctness gone totally wild. One of my posts was removed because I used the phrase "shoot their wad".

There's your trouble.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

This post may be removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Still not nonsensical...programs like this forum work off of a list of key words that can not be used. If you use one of those words you post is censored. See the forum does not have a person or persons looking at each post. that endeavor would make this site cost prohibitive. So they use a key word list to cover most transgressions.

So it is not nonsensical it makes total sense if you take the time to understand it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Still not nonsensical...programs like this forum work off of a list of key words that can not be used. If you use one of those words you post is censored. See the forum does not have a person or persons looking at each post. that endeavor would make this site cost prohibitive. So they use a key word list to cover most transgressions.

So it is not nonsensical it makes total sense if you take the time to understand it.

Not quite right Jim.  There is of course a key word list.  But, it is pre-emptive.  If you try and inset a word on this list in your post, it will not let you submit the post until it is removed.  So, the forum is not actually policed in the way you suggest.  There is (are) in fact someone making somewhat subjective rulings.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMONT550. Show KMONT550's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Not quite right Jim.  There is of course a key word list.  But, it is pre-emptive.  If you try and inset a word on this list in your post, it will not let you submit the post until it is removed.  So, the forum is not actually policed in the way you suggest.  There is (are) in fact someone making somewhat subjective rulings.

I think a person only monitors a post if the abuse button has been hit by someone participating on the forum.  Just because you hit the abuse button doesn't mean the post will be deleted but someone does check it.  I have seen on other forums people banned or post deleted because someone kept abusing the abuse button LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Jim, if it made so much sense then why would BDC Dottie promise to fix it? She understands that the mods here are out of control and delete posts in almost an arbitrary manner. She has asked them to relax their rules for deleting posts. You are probably right about a list of words being used to filter out posts for deletion, but sometimes those words are used in a harmless context. Unless you actually READ the posts you cannot decide if it should be deleted. Machine deletion is not working. Furthermore, some individuals are being capriciously banned IMO. What is really needed is for some of the more respected members of our community to become sort of "on site" mods. Some people have expressed an interest in doing that. That is the best solution IMO.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to KMONT550's comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

I think a person only monitors a post if the abuse button has been hit by someone participating on the forum.  Just because you hit the abuse button doesn't mean the post will be deleted but someone does check it.  I have seen on other forums people banned or post deleted because someone kept abusing the abuse button LOL

Ahh yes.  This makes sense now.  This is why posters who end up in personal beefs are consistently getting booted.  And, the only post I have ever had deleted was a poltical one.  Someone must have 'abuse'd me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts