Can someone please?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Can someone please?

Tell the Red Sox pitchers to stop throwing Bautista fast balls.  Its all he waits for and all he's capable of hitting.  Unbelievable!

Big win thats what counted most.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Can someone please?

Koji pitching 4 of 5 days might have had something to do with it. He certainly wasnt nearly as sharp as he usually is.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Koji = Oki    deception will only last so long...Miller as closer please

As always - 100% correct!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

pretty large enough sample size to determine that this statement is false. He has ~250 IP in the majors and has terrific numbers continuing into this season. Also, i would let Taz close before i turned to Miller.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

pretty large enough sample size to determine that this statement is false. He has ~250 IP in the majors and has terrific numbers continuing into this season. Also, i would let Taz close before i turned to Miller.

Bautista has always struggled with off speed pitches.  He hit three HRS and two line drive hits up the middle on first pitch fastballs in the past two games.  The guy has been on fire so someone has to tell our pitchers to feed him a steady diet of off speed.  Chances of hurting us then are a lot less likely.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

Bautista has always struggled with off speed pitches.  He hit three HRS and two line drive hits up the middle on first pitch fastballs in the past two games.  The guy has been on fire so someone has to tell our pitchers to feed him a steady diet of off speed.  Chances of hurting us then are a lot less likely.

Okay, here's the thing-if Bautista struggles with off-speed, then why doesn't the rest of the league feed him nothing but off-speed?  Since 2010, Bautista leads BB in HRs, despite missing about a 1/2 season.  We're apparently not the only team making this mistake.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

My guess is that Geo never heard of the guy before, so since this is his first year with the RS, he probably assumes this is his first year in BB.  As you mention, he has been in BB since 2009.  4 years is a long time for people not to catch on to his deception.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Miller has had control issues his entire career and that's not a very good tendancy for a closer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

It is true that Joey Bats is a classic fastball-feaster and struggles with off-speed stuff.  It is also true that his pitch recognition is sharp enough (as evidenced by his OBP) that you have to  throw him a fastball at some point.  Problem is, you better locate that fastball.  Furthermore, he seems to get in these zones where anything in the zone is sitting in the upperdeck in 1.5 seconds.  I don't know.  Yeah, that was a mistake pitch bu Koji.  But, Bautista is getting in one of his zones.  I guess you just have to take the mid-naughts NL approach to Bonds:  whatever you do, walk him.

Sections
Shortcuts