Can the Sox #5 starter match up with the Yankees #1 starter?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Can the Sox #5 starter match up with the Yankees #1 starter?

By that I mean can Lackey match up with Sabathia?

Thoughts?  (I'm interested to hear Babe's thoughts on this one)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Can the Sox #5 starter match up with the Yankees #1 starter?

Well it's not really so much about 'matchups', is it...Lester and Lackey each gave up 3 runs in 6 innings, one loses and one wins because of run support.  The big story is that the Red Sox scored 7 runs off CC.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Lackey continues to turn in solid performances.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

i certainly gave Lackey props...in the face of all the poster gripes, turned in a gutty performance....hey SPC, just askin..why couldn't you just ask babe directly in a single post instead of looking to bait him in, i know this thread is a direct result of the go-round you had with him bwfore this game was even played...don't get me wrong your point is taken, but we both know this will turn into a pizzing contest because you said his name directly...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

and why go looking for him?? the fact he's not here says it all. Morning Jete.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Remember way back before April, sox fans insisted we needed a right-handed OF bat just so Sabathia wouldn't mow his way through the Ellsbury/Ortiz/Crawford/Drew types throughout the Sox lineup?

How has CC fared against the Sox this year?  Isn't he like 0-4 against the Red Sox and 16-2 against the resty of the world?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Can the Sox #5 starter match up with the Yankees #1 starter?:
    Lackey continues to turn in solid performances.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988

He has definitely improved from the beginning of the season.  Also, for some reason, CC can't beat the Red Sox this year.  Not sure why this is happening, considering he has been so dominant this year. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Can the Sox #5 starter match up with the Yankees #1 starter?:
    In Response to Re: Can the Sox #5 starter match up with the Yankees #1 starter? : He has definitely improved from the beginning of the season.  Also, for some reason, CC can't beat the Red Sox this year.  Not sure why this is happening, considering he has been so dominant this year. 
    Posted by susan250

RS have a great lineup, they prepare well, and they kick up their focus into overdrive; they seem locked in vs the Yankees; they also solved Weaver & King Felix earlier in thr yr; they can get to anybody; my guess is they would give Koufax, Gibson, Maddux, & Pedro a hard time. A far as the OP is concerned, he's just being silly, as we know anything can happen in baseball in any given game (the betting line yesterday was 8-5, Yankees); did he forget that Lester lost the day before? He makes it sound like the Yankees are a AAA team instead of being tied with the RS in the standings.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Posted by J-BAY

Typical, isn't it?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Posted by J-BAY
    Morning J, i have no prob with SPC, i just think this wasn't necessary, you guys flat out outplayed us yesterday..one more to go, i've enjoyed both games, especially the game threads...i hope Garcia can pitch well and deep, because while i hope he's a tad off, i expect to see an effective Beckett..Gardner and Jeter need to be tough up top...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Can the Sox #5 starter match up with the Yankees #1 starter?:
    By that I mean can Lackey match up with Sabathia? Thoughts?  (I'm interested to hear Babe's thoughts on this one)
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988

I think the thing that has impressed me most this season is how the Sox have dominated CC, Colon and Garcia.  It still could come down to the offense or the pen but its a huge plus for our club to know they can beat these guys.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Can the Sox #5 starter match up with the Yankees #1 starter? : If everyone would ignore him, he'd go away. Thats why he's so determined to return, even after countless and endless bannings. There are a handful who can't resist taking the bait; giving him the attention he's looking for.  
    Posted by J-BAY

same with softflaw, J.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Remember way back before April, sox fans insisted we needed a right-handed OF bat just so Sabathia wouldn't mow his way through the Ellsbury/Ortiz/Crawford/Drew types throughout the Sox lineup? How has CC fared against the Sox this year?  Isn't he like 0-4 against the Red Sox and 16-2 against the resty of the world?
    Posted by notin

Great point notin,  we are handling lefties pretty well.  I like the fact CC, Colon and Garcia have yet to win a game against us this season.  Could be a huge factor in the PS.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Even when he played for Cleveland Sabbathia could not handle the Boston lineup.  After losing for the 4th time this season, he conceded, 'I have to tip my hat and call the Sox my daddy.'  Lol.   

Sections
Shortcuts