Can we all agree on one thing..??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Can we all agree on one thing..??

....That Fox is just horrible with these game broadcasts..?  I mean..just horrible. The interviews during play..cutting to commercials...Joe Buck...Tim McGarver..? Just awful.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Can we all agree on one thing..??

cutting to commercials was insane

i was freaking out

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to The4040club's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

....That Fox is just horrible with these game broadcasts..?  I mean..just horrible. The interviews during play..cutting to commercials...Joe Buck...Tim McGarver..? Just awful.

[/QUOTE]

I am not a fan of the interview during the game, especially because Detroit seems to score while they are going on.  I usually keep the volume down when fox or tnt is doing the games.  I am tempted to turn on the radio tonight.,

[/QUOTE]

I'll be doing just that after about the second or third inning anyhow.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

There were 3 instances where I was just wondering "These are the best annoucers?"  One was at the beginning of the game and I cannot remember the case.  The second was when there was a line drive to Drew and they kept saying it was Middlebrooks because Drew moved over to RF for the shift.  Even when the cameras were showing Drew still where he was, McCarver was like there he is back in his normal position.  No, he never left!  Watch the game!. I assume during the pitching change someone told him how stupid he was and he corrected himself when they came back.  And the last was, shortly after saying the Tigers had a no-hitter going, he mentions the Sox top 3 hitters have been held without a hit.  Really?  The Sox don't have a hit and neither do their top 3 hitters?  They even showed the graphic for Cripes sake.  Just bad.  I can only say to myself, at least it isn't Joe Morgan.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

[QUOTE]

I'm guessing U don't get NESN

otherwise I find it kind of funny a sox fan complaining about ingame interveiws

I don't like them either but at least these were connected to BB

I see buck & tim gettting there usual beating from some in RSN

didn't notice any one mention  how both of them

saw a need for a BP guy to warm up in the 6th B4 farrel did

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

To be fair zac, this thread was started after game one.  I have no complaints about whether they cheer for one team or the other.  They should get excited about good plays and let's face it, the team that wins makes more good plays.  I remember back in the 80's both Laker fans and Celtic fans were complaining that Tommy Heinsohn was favoring the other team.  

My complaint is with their lack of paying attention or giving such obvious information.  I understand that there are people who only watch the playoffs and I understand that part, but to say the Sox are getting no-hit and then going on about how the top 3 hitters don't have a hit is a little redundant.  And if you are the announcer you should know where the players are positioned.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to fizsh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To be fair zac, this thread was started after game one.  I have no complaints about whether they cheer for one team or the other.  They should get excited about good plays and let's face it, the team that wins makes more good plays.  I remember back in the 80's both Laker fans and Celtic fans were complaining that Tommy Heinsohn was favoring the other team.  

My complaint is with their lack of paying attention or giving such obvious information.  I understand that there are people who only watch the playoffs and I understand that part, but to say the Sox are getting no-hit and then going on about how the top 3 hitters don't have a hit is a little redundant.  And if you are the announcer you should know where the players are positioned.

[/QUOTE]

Both of them saying Middlebrooks had made the play at SS, instead of Drew was unbelievable, wasn't it?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

fair enough fizsh

I was refering to other thread as much as this one

with the buck & tim bashing, some were over the top IMO

personally I like the announcers better when my team is winning

BTW I  knew it was from yesterday

I just figured it was safer to post today  ;-)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

I do agree they leave something to be desired for sure. I happen to think the greatest baseball game caller/ commentator of all time is the great Jon Miller currently with the San Fransisco Giants radio and TV. He's does some ESPN also. Just a smooth communicator with excellent wit and a brilliant baseball mind. The problem is he's bald and not a handsome man, which unfortunately in todays shallow environment relegates him to radio and smaller market TV. What a shame! Do yourself a favor and watch some of his stuff and confirm what I'm saying to be true. Best game caller ever to sit in a booth.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kaiser Souze. Show Kaiser Souze's posts

my two cents about whats missing from fox production....

keep a running pitch count and show the K zone more!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

OK on this we can agree.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Probably not

[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

When there was an in game interveiw with someone related to Detroit, they stayed the entire inning. When it was someone from Boston, it was for a minute, or even a few seconds. Interesting. Fox sucks, and we ALL know both those guys are ex-Cardinal alumni, and want another Stl WS. If it comes down to us and Stl., you wont believe the giddiness youll hear with every Cardinal hit.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

The K-zone should be on screen for every pitch and a running count of "blown calls" should be tabulated.
    It's not enough to say only two calls went against the Sox hitters. You have to see if both pitchers were getting the same strike zone. 

The strike zone could be off the whole game and not be a factor as long as it was the same for both sides. 

Key moments could be split off and highlighted as well. If a bad call results in an out, or no out where there should have been a called third strike, those are huge moments. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When there was an in game interveiw with someone related to Detroit, they stayed the entire inning. When it was someone from Boston, it was for a minute, or even a few seconds. Interesting. Fox sucks, and we ALL know both those guys are ex-Cardinal alumni, and want another Stl WS. If it comes down to us and Stl., you wont believe the giddiness youll hear with every Cardinal hit.

[/QUOTE]

I think this is because the Sox do the interview in between innings whle the Tigers do it during the at bat. My guess is this is the way the Sox want it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

BTW. This is where between game managing comes into play. The reports are the Sox have trouble with sliders. The manager counters this by saying over and over again that the Sox need to lay-off sliders because the Detroit pitchers throw them off the plate. Continued comments along the lines of, "We need to do a better job of not swinging at balls." 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

In response to manosome's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Teakus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I do agree they leave something to be desired for sure. I happen to think the greatest baseball game caller/ commentator of all time is the great Jon Miller currently with the San Fransisco Giants radio and TV. He's does some ESPN also. Just a smooth communicator with excellent wit and a brilliant baseball mind. The problem is he's bald and not a handsome man, which unfortunately in todays shallow environment relegates him to radio and smaller market TV. What a shame! Do yourself a favor and watch some of his stuff and confirm what I'm saying to be true. Best game caller ever to sit in a booth.

[/QUOTE]

Vin Scully's not too shabby, either.

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely correct! Gotta love Vin for sure.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Joe Buck takes a lot of criticism.  And while some of it is accurate,  the guy will always have a special place with me for his memorable and, dare I say, beautiful call to end Game 5 of the 2004 ALCS....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

See you tonight.

Sections
Shortcuts