Can we at least give valentine the benefit of the doubt?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craig2174. Show craig2174's posts

Can we at least give valentine the benefit of the doubt?

The guy loks really excited to be where he is, he is sayng all the right things and obviously is wasting no time getting to meet the team, appearing at Ortiz's golf even and meeting with him.. The guy knows baseball and he finally has a really good team to manage...I for one think it will be a good match and I think this team will play for th guy. I just hope all these negative know it alls will at least wait until april before they talk about the sky falling again.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Re: Can we at least give valentine the benefit of the doubt?

Yes, Bobby deserves support and he is off to a good start. Cautioulsy optimistic, but Gm decisions are a bigger factor than Bobby V.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Wasn't happy at first, but now that he's here, I'm totally on board with it as per usual. Good luck to Bobby and the Sox. The Bobby Sox. lol It would be something if it winds up being a championship year. I'm also predicting that as per usual.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Bobby will   give  this job everyhing he has....  He will give the community everything he can.

Sox  could not have done better...  He flew in from Japan,  called the coaches, reached out to Papi..

Earned his pat that's for sure.
    Go Bobby  Go Sox.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

What has Bobby V done to anyone on this board to cause so much negativity toward him--it's like he must have insulted many of you some time in his life. As far as I know he never coached in Boston. He didn't win the '86 World Series with the Mets. He didn't do anything illegal. He made a comment about the amount of time Beckett takes between pitches and CC's batting stance but most of us have made those same comments. 

All I know, so far, is that he loves being here and wants to do the best he can to bring a winner back to Red Sox Nation. He's a smart baseball guy--that won't back down. Just like all of us he has made a few mistakes--that's behind him.

I say go find something else to complain about and leave Our Manager and Our GM alone---if they upset you after they've been here for a while so be it--but for now they are "OUR" Manager and "OUR" GM  and we should be supporting them just like we love our Sox!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Can we at least give valentine the benefit of the doubt?:
    What has Bobby V done to anyone on this board to cause so much negativity toward him--it's like he must have insulted many of you some time in his life. As far as I know he never coached in Boston. He didn't win the '86 World Series with the Mets. He didn't do anything illegal. He made a comment about the amount of time Beckett takes between pitches and CC's batting stance but most of us have made those same comments.  All I know, so far, is that he loves being here and wants to do the best he can to bring a winner back to Red Sox Nation. He's a smart baseball guy--that won't back down. Just like all of us he has made a few mistakes--that's behind him. I say go find something else to complain about and leave Our Manager and Our GM alone---if they upset you after they've been here for a while so be it--but for now they are "OUR" Manager and "OUR" GM  and we should be supporting them just like we love our Sox!
    Posted by MadMc44

I would imagine that people who are trying to get used to the idea, are also saying goodbye to Tito. You know, one more game, and it may have turned out differently. He was there for a long time, and through two championships that were no small thing. I think you have to give people some time to absorb the fact they're not going to see the same guy that was always there, and to show them he can handle the job. Give it time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

I will not only give him benefit of doubt but I believe in Bobby V. Good things are headed back for the Sox. Over 100 wins. Go Sox.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Personally I am totally reserving judgment until I see him over a season.  To be honest I don't know much about him as a manager except what I've read.  I wish him the best, that's for sure. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Can we at least give valentine the benefit of the doubt?:
    Personally I am totally reserving judgment until I see him over a season.  To be honest I don't know much about him as a manager except what I've read.  I wish him the best, that's for sure. 
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

That's about right.  I like Theo and Tito, but 90% of that is because I like the RS.  He didn't impress me in NY, but growth in a manager is more normal than it is unusual.  Most of your best managers got fired multiple times.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In Response to Can we at least give valentine the benefit of the doubt?:
    The guy loks really excited to be where he is, he is sayng all the right things and obviously is wasting no time getting to meet the team, appearing at Ortiz's golf even and meeting with him.. The guy knows baseball and he finally has a really good team to manage...I for one think it will be a good match and I think this team will play for th guy. I just hope all these negative know it alls will at least wait until april before they talk about the sky falling again.....
    Posted by craig2174

I concur with one caveat, will someone PLEASE tell Bobby not to refer to himself in the third person. 

Illeism in some literary works might be acceptable but for celebrity types (sic), Christopher Walken, Grady Little, Ricky Henderson, to name but a few, the use of the third person to refer to oneself, IMO, makes the individual appear pompous and foolish.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Please tell Obama not to refer to himself in the first, second or third person, when referring to what he has done. Obama does nothing except spend taxpayers money and borrow against them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

It was obvious the Sox had to make a change.  Some new blood will stir things up for awhile.  Players make to much money anymore and it's hard to motive them.  Sure they hate to set the bench but making $10 million a year takes the edge off.

Sections
Shortcuts