Can we fire Bogar already?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Can we fire Bogar already?

What was that?  A toddler could have made the call not to send him.  It really isn't that hard to upgrade at 3B coach.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Can we fire Bogar already?

Pretty bad, especfially on the replay when you can see the leftfielder throwing to toward the infield before Gonzalez gets to 3B.  Plus, of course, he is easily the slowest guy on the Sox.  Hold it.  He's probably faster than Wakefield. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

He is the ONLY "fire him" crying I agree with

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

If "we" could, we would.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Yeah, Im usually not jumping aboard the "fire him!" bandwagon, but this guy is truly pathetic. I mean, he has made some of the dumbest calls Ive ever seen from a 3rd base coach. I think Ron Johnson could do a better job.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It's becomming sick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mvpyouk20. Show mvpyouk20's posts

He reminds me of Dale Sveum. I didn't think anyone could be worse then him but Bogar is starting to make me think otherwise.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"I think Ron Johnson could do a better job'"

I think Helen Keller could do a better job!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Don't forget Wave em' Home Wendall Kim

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

I thought it was Wendall 'wave em in' Kim.

Aside from it being a horrible judgement call tonight with Adrian, it also was strategically stupid.  Davis was really struggling, on the ropes, no need to give him a free out on the bases right there. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

3 years of bad decisions at 3rd .........I truly believe I could do a better job Its like he has no clue HOW MANY OUTS or WHAT THE SCORE IS or something like WHO IS ON DECK or WHO IS RUNNING its bad this year ZERO upgrade from Hale !!!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

bogar is the worst 3rd base coach i have ever seen. We have had what 12 guys thrown out at home this year and who knows how many last year because bogar makes stupid decisions on a regular basis. You would think he would learn from all of his mistakes and over time become better at making decisions and not make the mistakes he made in the past. But no, he makes the same mistakes over and over again. I do not understand how he still has a job. He is incompetetent and does not perform his duties to a satisfactory level. He should be replaced asap as he is cost us runs and potentially games. There was absolutely no reason to send adrian home in the yesterdays game and even a fast runner would have had a tough time scoring on the play. But to send our slowest runner from 1st to home in that situation is just plain dumb. Fire bogar, hire someone who has a brain. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

He appears to be completely incompetent at his job, but you are not allowed to talk about firing people on this board, so just think it and hope that mind does triumph over matter.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In Response to Re: Can we fire Bogar already?:
    I thought it was Wendall 'wave em in' Kim. Aside from it being a horrible judgement call tonight with Adrian, it also was strategically stupid.  Davis was really struggling, on the ropes, no need to give him a free out on the bases right there. 
    Posted by Calmy

I think you're right... It's been awhile since I've busted his name out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

bogar is the worst 3rd base coach i have ever seen. We have had what 12 guys thrown out at home this year and who knows how many last year because bogar makes stupid decisions on a regular basis. You would think he would learn from all of his mistakes and over time become better at making decisions and not make the mistakes he made in the past. But no, he makes the same mistakes over and over again. I do not understand how he still has a job. He is incompetetent and does not perform his duties to a satisfactory level. He should be replaced asap as he is cost us runs and potentially games. There was absolutely no reason to send adrian home in the yesterdays game and even a fast runner would have had a tough time scoring on the play. But to send our slowest runner from 1st to home in that situation is just plain dumb. Fire bogar, hire someone who has a brain. 
    Posted by redsoxpride34

Last night may have been the worst one I've ever seen though.  Like the worst in history...

You've got a guy that's probably in the bottom 5% in speed on the basepaths.  Then you've got an outfielder throwing the ball from a SHORT left field and before Gonzalez even hits third.  Bogar had plenty of time to do the obvious thing in holding him there but for some mind boggling reason he waves him in.  If the Sox ended up losing that game by one run last night, I wouldn't be shocked to see him let go today.  That was truly a ridiculous decision.

Like I said in the original post.  A toddler could have made the right call there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Personnel decisions of this nature must be taken up with the On-Field Commander, Tito. In the past, we have noticed the Commander's unwillingness to remove players having difficulty and can only surmise that to remove a coach on his staff would be met with equal determination. Wining streaks hide flaws and for now, as long as the RS are scoring more runs than the opposition, this will be a back burner issue.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

Personnel decisions of this nature must be taken up with the On-Field Commander, Tito. In the past, we have noticed the Commander's unwillingness to remove players having difficulty and can only surmise that to remove a coach on his staff would be met with equal determination. Wining streaks hide flaws and for now, as long as the RS are scoring more runs than the opposition, this will be a back burner issue.
    Posted by eggplants

Absolutely right on "eggplants" regarding Bogar's ineptitude as a coach, let alone a 3rd base coach.  Yet another example of Francona's and/or Theo's blind allegiance to players, coaches, etc.  Once again, most EVERYONE in the Red Sox Nation could see that Lester didn't have it, almost from the very beginning, BUT, Francona once again allows Lester to stay in the game till the 5th, to try an get a win.  The h*ll with trying to get a win for the team, it was more important for Francona to coddle a starter.  Fortunately, the Sox bats covered Francona's a*s once again.  Now I'm sure all the Francona apologists will come out of the wood work and defend Francona's managerial style by saying something along the lines of "Francona didn't want to use the bullpen so early in the game", and/or words to that affect.  I say bull crap!  Team wins are much more important than trying to see a starter, who doesn't have it, getting the win.  I think the saying of "don't put the cart before the horse" is somewhat appropriate here.  Sadly, nothing will change.....Bogar will screw up again, and Francona will keep his starter in until the 5th so that the starter can get the win, IF, the Sox bats can save the day, yet again.  On the positive side, it was terrific to see the offense turning it on last night, and Scott's great 3 inning relief.  GO SOX! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Go Go Go or No No No

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: Can we fire Bogar already? : Absolutely right on "eggplants" regarding Bogar's ineptitude as a coach, let alone a 3rd base coach.  Yet another example of Francona's and/or Theo's blind allegiance to players, coaches, etc.  Once again, most EVERYONE in the Red Sox Nation could see that Lester didn't have it, almost from the very beginning, BUT, Francona once again allows Lester to stay in the game till the 5th, to try an get a win.  The h*ll with trying to get a win for the team, it was more important for Francona to coddle a starter.  Fortunately, the Sox bats covered Francona's a*s once again.  Now I'm sure all the Francona apologists will come out of the wood work and defend Francona's managerial style by saying something along the lines of "Francona didn't want to use the bullpen so early in the game", and/or words to that affect.  I say bull crap!  Team wins are much more important than trying to see a starter, who doesn't have it, getting the win.  I think the saying of "don't put the cart before the horse" is somewhat appropriate here.  Sadly, nothing will change.....Bogar will screw up again, and Francona will keep his starter in until the 5th so that the starter can get the win, IF, the Sox bats can save the day, yet again.  On the positive side, it was terrific to see the offense turning it on last night, and Scott's great 3 inning relief.  GO SOX! 
    Posted by lucbom
    Few comments about your post.

Regarding Bogar, he is no Hale I grant you all that. I totally understand challenging the defense to make the perfect relays and that nobody notices the 3B coach when he gets it right but always notices when he gets it wrong. And that it is RS Nation favorite to whine about 3B coaches. Just the same Bogar's challenges are sometime very dumb and challenging with A-Gon makes that list.

Are you aware of what Bogar's other coaching duties are beyond the 3B coaching box at game time, if so please share with us what they are and why he is so bad at that them with examples.

Do you know who the starters are for the next two days for the Boston Red Sox? If you do, does that help you understand why Francona was trying to get as many innings as he could out of his best starter even though he had poor command of his superior arsenal of pitches. Going into back-to-back games where Aceves and Wakefield are your starters make it pretty mandatory to have a pretty fresh bullpen. He wasn't trying to get Lester a win, he is trying to win the series.

The Tito bashing crowd would be better served if you all sat back thought about why did Tito do what he did before you post. Things like situational splits, the impact on a series, who is available all come into play. There is no way Francona with the pitchers he has going the next two nights should go to his bullpen early and therefore get into it deep. Were you on vacation when Tito had to go deep into the BP in night-day games with the Angels? Did you happen to notice that it effected the RS for the next three games?

BTW there were other guys beside Atch he could have used. The whole routine of the when the players do well they did well and when they don't it is manager who did not do well is a very narrow viewpoint IMO. Comforting that there is one person to blame for not winning any and every game but it is not very informed.

BTW whatever he did worked. He got to go deep into his opponents BP and stay away from his and got the W.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

I confess to being sick to death of the constant blather of those who consistently berate everyone and anyone in Red Sox management or on the coaching staff(with the delusional belief they could do the job better)but Bogar has made too many horrific decisions to keep his job and has not,in my opinion,shown signs of improving.Some of his decisions are absolutely indefensable at the Little League level,it's like he has no idea of the throwing abilities of just about every outfielder in the league and the speed of players on his team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

I have played semi-pro ball and have coached 3rd base and I made a moronic call once and I'll never forget it. When I was playing I saw a guy with our best hitter coming to the plate and 3rd base coach sent the runner from 2nd on a shor center when he had no chance. That cost us a ring and I'll not ever forget that one. Bogar is a pro and should be sent to Portland or any where because this has happened more than once. The guy can't cut it..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

A few days ago after the 2nd stupid call in a week, someone was blaming Ortiz for getting thrown out at home.

I stated that it was Bogar who was the culprit.

Now after the 3rd stupid call in less than two weeks , it seems everyone agrees with me.

My feeling is he must think every outfielder in the A.L. cannot throw. But I am wrong, he thinks every outfielder in MLB cannot throw.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Nevermind getting somebody thrown out, He will get somebody injured before to long !! Anyone notice the "Slide" by A-Gon ?? This guy is a stud at the plate but should never, I repeat NEVER, be put in a position like that ever again !! The last thing we need now is somebody on the DL trying to avoid some tag because Bogar Hasn't got a clue !!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

"fivekatz"....in response to your post, if Bogar's other duties (admittedly if he has any) are a reflection of his 3rd base coaching fiasco's, then Bogar would be inept at that also.  Pertaining to Francona's constant decisions to let his starters go 5 even if they appear to be pitching poorly for the sake of not using bullpen arms early in a game, then maybe the solution would be to carry more arms on the roster, whether they be from A, AA, AAA, or other sources and carry less utility/bench players whether it be McDonald, or, Cam who very rarely get to play.  While I respect your thoughts and others on this board, I will always believe, right or wrong, that it is more important to play for a win today and not so much tomorrow.  I'm well aware of the importance of looking ahead when it comes to making in game decisions, but not to the point of forsaking an opportunity to get a win today for the team.  As it turned out, the game was a blowout for the Sox, but even when the Sox were up 8-2, you can't tell me that you weren't squirming in your seat considering the way Lester was pitching, and then when the Cubbies scored 3 more to make the game 8-5, you must of had the thought at that point that Lester didn't have it, and that we could still lose the game for the sake of saving bullpen arms.  Personally, I have a hard time understanding the logic of not playing for a win today as opposed to looking ahead. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Lester wasn't at his best last night but, giving up 3 more was a direct result of A-Gon "Gold Glove" missing a throw from Lowery and Lowery not getting the ball closer. Lester should have been out of that inning !!

Sections
Shortcuts