Can we land Ichiro?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Can we land Ichiro?

I know he's aged but he's Ichiro.  Ichiro is hitting .321 for his new team.  He's defensive skill is not to worry about and he's got speed to bethe leadoff guy any team.  Ells could be trade candidate this winter for a starting pitcher and Ichiro can replace Ells next season.  I think Fenway can be good ballpark for Ichiro. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Can we land Ichiro?

Not a funny joke.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

All black humor aside, Ichiro kept the Yankee playoff boat alive and well in that Toronto series...Could have been very different...He was 2 for 3 tonight, now hitting 323, or something like that as a Yankee and .281 overall...Stealing bases as well...Nice makeup for the Pineda-Montero fiasco, although Montero has been aq bit of a mixed bag with his better than expected cathing and less than impresive offense...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I would expect that Ichiro will resign with the Yankees and could also retire with the Yankees. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Time to rebuild with youth.

Ichiro is old, in baseball terms. And he's not going to sign short term.

Besides, after the Daisuke Matsuzaka signing, if I was Cherrybomb, I wouldn't be looking at Japanese players. No bigotry...just that so few of them have been key players on winning teams. Ichiro will not come cheap. Plus , his skills are certainly declining every year. We don't need another salary dump trade one or two years down the road like the Beckett fiasco.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

No. An Emphatic no. I love Ichiro as much as the next guy but he's among the worst OFs out there in terms of OPS. His defense and speed doesn't make up for that. His WAR is a measly 0.4. We as the Sox can do better. I'll defer to moon to make the rest of the case against Ichiro

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Hmmm, a 39 year old RF, who has had a .667 OPS over the past two seasons.

Can't get enough of those types.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kamdog. Show Kamdog's posts

Ichiro was/is a good fill-in for the Yanks because of where they are now.  He is not good for the Sox based on where they have to go.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Hello Kitty or Pokeman would be a better Outfielder than Ichiro.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lives2ski. Show lives2ski's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

I know he's aged but he's Ichiro.  Ichiro is hitting .321 for his new team.  He's defensive skill is not to worry about and he's got speed to bethe leadoff guy any team.  Ells could be trade candidate this winter for a starting pitcher and Ichiro can replace Ells next season.  I think Fenway can be good ballpark for Ichiro. 

Seriously???  Why would any older player, especially one that has spent the last 8-10 years playing for a team mired in perpetual mediocrity, want to sign with a team that is, conservatively, at least two years away from being a serious contender again? If he continues playing the most likely landing spot is with the Yankees as their 4th OF or even thier starting RF if they do not re-sign Swisher. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

If we go for a vet OF for low $ and low year/s, Id go with Torii Hunter...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to pike's comment:

Forum is at an alltime low.

Wally has been reported.

Sections
Shortcuts