can we please stop the BAD in HOP, bad in games, bad in pitching experience like...NOW?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

can we please stop the BAD in HOP, bad in games, bad in pitching experience like...NOW?

BC swung and missed with this jabro.. i c nothin that he brings that we dont have like 5 guys that can do better.. give brendon the work, man... gee, why is he at aaa? how about the cordero, he was that bad? badenhop has to go! he's a bad omen at this point!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: can we please stop the BAD in HOP, bad in games, bad in pitching experience like...NOW?

Badenhop is near the top of the "I can't believe this guy is a pitcher with a name like that" list. Scott Linebrink is also there along with Eric Plunk, Kevin Slowey, David Riske, Homer Ball and Peter Balke (not related to Peter Faulk). Grant Balfour would have to be the best of all time. I mean, really?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: can we please stop the BAD in HOP, bad in games, bad in pitching experience like...NOW?

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Badenhop is near the top of the "I can't believe this guy is a pitcher with a name like that" list. Scott Linebrink is also there along with Eric Plunk, Kevin Slowey, David Riske, Homer Ball and Peter Balke (not related to Peter Faulk). Grant Balfour would have to be the best of all time. I mean, really?

If we go back a few years, there was Bob Walk. Currently , no offense to a Reds fan , but there is also Homer Bailey. Or former Seattle righty, Jake Wild. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

Couldn't agree more on badenhop. Workman pitched great out of the pen and was sent down so we would not have to get rid of badenhop. Bad decision. Badenhop ain't fooling anyone with his mediocre stuff and gets hit hard every time out. There is literally nothing good about him. Ya sure he throws strikes, the problem is that batters hit them consistently. Time for the fo to admit they screwed up and send him down.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more on badenhop. Workman pitched great out of the pen and was sent down so we would not have to get rid of badenhop. Bad decision. Badenhop ain't fooling anyone with his mediocre stuff and gets hit hard every time out. There is literally nothing good about him. Ya sure he throws strikes, the problem is that batters hit them consistently. Time for the fo to admit they screwed up and send him down.  

[/QUOTE]

u mean designate him, useless to keep him around. rather have pawsox closa or whoever in that role. da man has bat problem. all his pitches make contact with bats to his detriment

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

His stuff fools no one, he's flat awful.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

workman is proof that the Sox brass monkeys around too much with the roster making lateral moves for the sake of just doing something...how is this guy not on the roster...oh they want to monkey around with him in AAA to get him ready for a spot start when they need him...really? that guy could be anything he wants on the staff....including kojis replacement if he is on the DL.....pitch the dam guy already and cut loose these salamis

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Smooth out the infield, get rid of Badhop!  No one gets why we kept this guy and dumped Cordero, or why we sent Workman down.  Both were far more effective than this dude.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Smooth out the infield, get rid of Badhop!  No one gets why we kept this guy and dumped Cordero, or why we sent Workman down.  Both were far more effective than this dude.

[/QUOTE]

Cordero: Really? He got minor leaguers out in spring training. Whoopdeedoo. If he is so great, why hasn't anyone else picked him up. It's not like there aren't any bullpens out there who couldn't use another arm.

And I'm hardly defending Badenhop, but he did have an excellent first appearance and he's been serviceable middle reliever in the past -- 3.03 ERA for the Rays in 2012. You don't blow up bullpen depth two weeks into the season. You keep as many arms as possible and ride through bad outings early in the season to see what you have.

Workman was sent down when Breslow was ready.Badenhop might eventually deserve to go, but you can't cut bait with relievers after a couple of bad outings. It's ridiculous.

Plus, I wouldn't have brought in Workman yesterday anyway. If he's on the roster, I want him in to protect a lead, not to protect a loss.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If we go back a few years, there was Bob Walk. Currently , no offense to a Reds fan , but there is also Homer Bailey. Or former Seattle righty, Jake Wild. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I remember Bob Walk. The Reds touched him up in game 3 of the 1990 NLCS. But I've never gotten the Homer Bailey name thing. His real name is David Bailey, which sounds so much cooler than Homer Bailey. I mean, David Bailey sounds like some guy that's gonna come at you with really nasty stuff and punch you out. That's often what Bailey does, but does it as Homer instead....Doh!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I remember Bob Walk. The Reds touched him up in game 3 of the 1990 NLCS. But I've never gotten the Homer Bailey name thing. His real name is David Bailey, which sounds so much cooler than Homer Bailey. I mean, David Bailey sounds like some guy that's gonna come at you with really nasty stuff and punch you out. That's often what Bailey does, but does it as Homer instead....Doh!

[/QUOTE]

What about Jake Wild ?  Not a good name for a pitcher? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What about Jake Wild ?  Not a good name for a pitcher? 

[/QUOTE]

LOL