Can we put Bard to sleep and bring back WAKE as the 5th starter?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Can we put Bard to sleep and bring back WAKE as the 5th starter?

this is called SARCASM! i already said mr. bard is a top of the rotation guy and could soon be the third or second best starter on this team. i provided the stat last week that he had 18 swings and misses in 5 innings. i didnt watch most of the game today but will assume he was in double digits. only beckett had a game with 18 or more swings and misses last season (ONE). this is one move the organization got right. could care less what happens to the bullpen, mr. bard is a bonafide starter. 100 mile fast ball, deep in games, strikeout an inning, has the makeup and passion.. y waste that on a bullpen guy when we can easily get a serviceable jambroni in a trade somewhere? not bringing back wake was another great move. anyone thinks for one sec that wake could produce the numbers bard has so far. he would 0-2 as well. love what i'm seeing! i even like the 111 pitches and letting him face longoria. thats how you groom a stud, enough of the cuddling. a starter should be able to go seven and throw 110 pitches!

btw, keeping things light, the espn stat of the game was this:

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney attended the game. He chatted with New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft ...

DOES THIS GUY EVER TALK TO REGULAR SPORTSMEN OR PLAYERS OR PARTICIPANTS? THAT'S OUR ROMNEY, HE WILL DOMINATE THE BILLIONAIRE VOTE. if you own an industry or national franchise, he's your boy!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Re: Can we lose Bard and bring back WAKE as the 5th starter?

I think you'd struggle to find anyone that wanted Wakes back as a 4/5 starter.  I was supportive of him returning as 6/7 starter, the same role he held in March 2011.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Why you want to bring back wakefield.  This year is Bard's first year as a starter, and today he went 7 innings and only gave up one run.  Wakefield couldnt get less than 4 to 5 runs in any game in all year last year as well he only went to 7 innings probably less than 4 times in all year along last year.

Come on, Bard is learning, and so far he is a better option than using Wakefield or Aceves or Miller or Bedard!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Did you read the OP or just the headline?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I liked Wake every season I watched him pitch, but did agree it was time for him to retire.

As for Bard, he was/is one of the options for replacing Wake.  So far, not too shabby even though he has control issues. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy stilleatsworms. Show MikeNagy stilleatsworms's posts

Re: Can we put Bard to sleep and bring back WAKE as the 5th starter?

Good point, bring back wake

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy stilleatsworms. Show MikeNagy stilleatsworms's posts

In response to "Re: Can we lose Bard and bring back WAKE as the 5th starter?": [QUOTE]Did you read the OP or just the headline? Posted by Chilliwings[/QUOTE] Apparently not many read the actual post

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

lmao....Bard pitched well today.  Wakefield is retired, give it a rest.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i agree bard pitched well overall today, but he cant be walking 7 batters every start. he got lucky today, but walking that many batters is just asking for trouble. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Can we put Bard to sleep and bring back WAKE as the 5th starter?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we put Bard to sleep and bring back WAKE as the 5th starter? : you're really funny. what have you ever posted that was worth reading?
    Posted by mryazz[/QUOTE]+1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Can we put Bard to sleep and bring back WAKE as the 5th starter?:
    [QUOTE]Sometimes you need to realize that those with an IQ of 20 won't read the OP. In fact, the first sentence was "This is sarcasm". Yet they read only the OP which is bait from one of the forum's most ridiculous posters who starts numerous assinine threads. My guess is that Communist Contrarian is a creation of the Globe in an effort to increase hits to the forum from the posters with a shortage of grey material between their ears. Communist Contrarian rarely says anything worth reading.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]comrade moron, you sound like a guy in high school talking down about the hot girl and saying how ridiculous she is and y would anyone want to date or go out with her, yet every chance you get you ask her out or go into the bathroom with a picture of her and rub a few out... do you do that to my avater you perv?

anywho, if the Globe was creative or interesting enough to come up with a character like the CONTRARIAN, they would clearly not be having the issues they currently have. I do own my own marketing management company however. So I know a bit about how to hook in people and max out buzz which is y many read my threads. whether you like them or not, at least you comment and don't ignore them due to me being the ROMNEY of posters!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

Sections
Shortcuts