1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Can you believe this? Roger Clemens making comeback - with Sugar Land Skeeters

In Response to Re: Can you believe this? Roger Clemens making comeback - with Sugar Land Skeeters:
    [QUOTE]Bobby V: No, please tell me Ben didn't just sign Clemens. HELP!!!!!!
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

low cost/high reward

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Can you believe this? Roger Clemens making comeback - with Sugar Land Skeeters

Brian Cashman was seen boarding a flight from Newark ( EWR ) to Houston (HOU ) this afternoon.  Coincidence ? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxu571. Show redsoxu571's posts

In Response to Re: Can you believe this? Roger Clemens making comeback - with Sugar Land Skeeters:
    [QUOTE]It's unclear whether Clemens has designs on a serious comeback or if this is merely a brief publicity stunt that independent leagues are known for. Actually, it's perfectly clear. It's a publicity stunt to try and change the narrative from his PED career. The criminal standard is high, but there is clearly enough circumstancial and direct evidence to show that Clemens was a probability steroids user.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I don't know about lesser indepedent leagues, but The Indepedent League (the one Clemens will now be a part of) is very serious, and the top independent baseball league for aiming for the attention of MLB teams.

I worked for the Bridgeport Bluefish for two years, and I saw many a dedicated player with MLB or MLB affiliate aspirations...including big names such as John Rocker and Juan Gonzalez.

When such a big name doesn't make it back, it isn't because it was a publicity stunt...it's usually because the player just isn't good enough anymore.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

The sad thing as somebody else eluded to is that even at age 50, he could still probably out pitch the current Red Sox rotation.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can you believe this? Roger Clemens making comeback - with Sugar Land Skeeters : First Troll, you still haven't taken my advice. You forgot to change your avatar to: Stop cyberstalking me; coming to all my threads and making personal attacks. All you're good for is setting up the game thread ; you wait for Peter Abraham to post the lineup 3 hours before the game and copy and paste it. You talk to yourself for three hours on your game thread and then when the game starts you provide astute analysis such as "boy did you see the bat hit the ball; boy that ball went far". Keep up the great work Troll!

Stalkers Must Recieve This......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

who wants to go to the game w/ me and heckle the heck out of him?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Motown9009. Show Motown9009's posts

Would he try to make a comeback just to push off his HOF eligibility until the PED talk dies down? Sitting on the ballot for years, or worse, not getting in, wouldn't sit well with a guy like him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Great news for the Sugar Land Skeeters.  They finally have the veteran PED experience they've been lacking.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]Bobby V: No, please tell me Ben didn't just sign Clemens. HELP!!!!!!

+1

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Yo Macnamee, it's me, Roger.  I think it's time to put all our disrememberances behind us.  No Mac, that's not what I meant by 'behind'.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I live about 6 miles from Consellation Park, and have been to a couple games this year. They still worship this guy down here.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

[QUOTE]I live about 6 miles from Consellation Park, and have been to a couple games this year. They still worship this guy down here.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I know this will sound completely insane, but if Clemens looks even half-decent pitching in the independent leagues, I would want the Red Sox to sign him for the last couple weeks of the season. Imagine how cool it would be for him to set two records in that final regular season series in New York: sole possession of first place on the all-time franchise wins list, and oldest pitcher to ever win a game (beating out Moyer's milestone from earlier in the year). I honestly hope it happens. Money won't be a factor anymore, it would make things very exciting, and it's not as though the team would have anything to lose. Bring Clemens back to where he started. Let bygones be bygones. And if the Red Sox don't do this, the Astros certainly should; the spectacle would sell out their ballpark.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

He wants to hook up with the Washtingon DC team so he can spit at all the politicians in the stands.