Can you feel it ?????? Ben is starting to heat up........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

Re: Can you feel it ?????? Ben is starting to heat up........

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jasko---I have a feeling Alan Baird--formally with KC may be involved with Grieenke and the possible Lester deal.

I think Lackey may also be moved to rid the team of the 2011 debacle.

Grienke  is a long shot but wouldn't it be great to know we actually have an ace?

Then to sign  Marcum and Jackson even for two year deals to let our young guys learn how to pitch in  the minors together( Rubby, Webster, Barnes and Workman).

The other option would be to go hard after Soriano and move Bailey along with Doubie, Lackey and Lester For a SS, and a 1 b and added prospects.

Keep in mind guys like Grienke, Marcum and Jackson will come if there is a strong closer and set-up guy.

Madmc,

I don't care if Alan Baird has pictures of Greinke with 7 Colombian prostitutes and threatens to send them to his wife, he's...not ..coming...to....Boston. The Sox aren't paying a guy like Greinke 150+ million (that's the number currently being thrown around because the Dodgers are involved)and a guy like Greinke is not choosing to play in a madhouse like Boston, when he'll get the same money in laid back Southern California. No chance, none, zero...the "feeling" you have is probably indigestion.

Also, why would they ever trade Lackey now, when his value is so low?!  He's fully healthy for the first time in a Sox uniform, but he's still coming off Tommy John surgery. Believe it or not, the Sox aren't going to flip the whole 25 man roster just to get guys who are "new and shiny." 

[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

JBAY...why am i not thrilled with that lineup?

[/QUOTE]

I'll take a stab at it.

Could it be that there is not a number 1 or 2 pitcher in the SP?
    Or that Salty is catching?

Who the hell is Paul Goldschmidt?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Teakus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BLOCKBUSTER COMING !!!!!!     Lester, Salty,Jacoby, Aceves.....Heck they are all available !!!!!

[/QUOTE]

You seem to always speak Bill of who you want to remove from our team. How about who you might like to add? You do realize that real games are won or lost by real players on the field....right?

[/QUOTE]

That is all he does because he doesnt know much about anyone except the Sox....lol

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

JBAY...why am i not thrilled with that lineup?

[/QUOTE]

I'll take a stab at it.

Could it be that there is not a number 1 or 2 pitcher in the SP?
    Or that Salty is catching?

Who the hell is Paul Goldschmidt?

[/QUOTE]

no 1 or 2 pitcher? i think you devalue our current talent too much. 2012 was an anamoly, don't bank on buch and lester pitching that badly in 2013. add in haren, a healthy lackey (FINALLY!) and an improved doobie in his second year and that is a formidable rotation.

the catching situation i defaulted with salty because i'm not sure who should be there, i do think he will continue to get better like he has been. last season it finally seemed like was coming into his own. if he can cut down his Ks and continue to develop defensively he will make an excellent catcher.

Paul Goldschmidt: the first baseman i would be targeting if i were BC.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/g/goldspa01-bat.shtml

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

bill, can you tell us what your ideal team is? must use players who are still in the league or minors.

just give us the lineup and starting rotation you would like to see on the sox in 2013. you don't even have to say how you aquired these players or what you gave up to get them. just a lineup and starting rotation.

its simple, ill do it now

C: ross/salty

1st: Paul goldschmidt

2nd: Pedey

SS: iggy/ciriaco

3rd: will MB

LF: gomes

CF: Ells

RF: swisher

DH: Papi

SP: lester - Buch - Haren - lackey - doubront

you can do it bill!

[/QUOTE]   Im not the GM ...... Just saying that to "get something, you have to give something".......   That wold mean that 90% of our roster should be "in play".......  If we can move Jon Lester now for a younger/future star, then do it !!!   Like "FAT-CAT$ BECKETT$", I can't stand watching higher paid players going the other way !!!!

[/QUOTE]

none of us are GMs... doesn't stop us from saying who our targets are. so why can't you do the same?? its just as easy as calling for the GM to rid the team of certain players (which you do so often) instead you call for the GM to add players.

so which players do you want on the team? its simple bill, just give us your ideal 2013 lineup. i promise i won't laugh

[/QUOTE]  yOU ARE WORKING TO HARD AT THIS !!!!

[/QUOTE]

i just want to know whats going on in that old coconut of yours. if your the GM, who are you going after?

Sections
Shortcuts