Can you feel it ??? With BRADLEY & IGGY, it will be 1967 ........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Can you feel it ??? With BRADLEY & IGGY, it will be 1967 ........

All over again..........What say you, all you smart T-BALLERS ???

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Re: Can you feel it ??? With BRADLEY & IGGY, it will be 1967 ........

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

It is March 25th.

Only for another day

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

As DAD & Dick Williams would say.............. "SON, We will win more than we will lose"  !!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Hope you're right, Bill. Cheers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

I could actually do without the losing 3 games to Bob Gibson part. :-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

I could actually do without the losing 3 games to Bob Gibson part. :-)

You misselled his name.  You left off the Bob 'effin' Gibson.

Past that, could we make it 2004 or 2007 instead?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

From the guy who called Lavarnway "The Next Carlton Fisk". Here's guessing him, Bradley & Iggy are still 1-2 yrs away. They look good, though; as does Doubront.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Drew is the short stop

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

I'd pay money to go back there...wouldn't mind being 11 again and enjoying the Impossible Dream season and then wait just 2 short years later and witness the Bruins win 2 Cups in 3 years led by Orr, Espo and Cheesy.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

So... you're predicting a Cardinals title?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to UnionFallsNY's comment:

In 1967, no free agency, no revenue, no functioning Evil Empire, no financial penalty to bring up prospects prematurely. No TV revenue,,  playoffs, talk shows, Internet forums full of wannabe managers, GMs,  and owners and armchair experts on medicine, scouting, conditioning, and player psychology. Team was not under a microscope where bashing, moaning, crying, whining, and pouting  were predominant. Ah, the good old days.

How lucky fans were back then. Listen to the game, read the box scores, get the Sporting News on Sunday, and cuss when they lost instead of getting your computer and assessing blame, scapegoating, and taking it out on fellow Red Sox fans, or pretending to be a Red Sox fan for the perverted joy of it. Of course you could always walk over to your neighbor and pretend that you were a Sox fan when you were not. Only trouble with that is that you might go home with a black eye.

NO, your right, but there was the 806   !!!!  And "those were the days my friends, we thought that they would never end" !!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

We'd sing and dance, forever and a day

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

OK, Bill, so Bradley and Iggy will make it like 1967 in what way?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

ROY1NINER.......  in 1967 you had a good blend of "youth & vets along with a new manager in Dick Williams.........    Joe Foy, George Scott, Regie Smith, Mike andrews........  The speed & defense that Iggy & Bradley will bring will energise the team !!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

I was in attendance on opening day, 1967, complimentary tickets thanks to George Scott, and without going into details on the personalities of the 1967 players and the new manager, I can assure you that even the presence of Bradley & Iggy in this year's opening day lineup will in no way authenticate a comparison of this year's team on opening day with that of the 1967 bunch.

But, let's just hope that come late August, early September, we can revisit this topic and discuss some similarities, albeit comparisons if you will. 

Oh my, the mention of that team brings back somewhat faded but such grand memories of the team that I so love.  And, I need not list them, but the names of the players on that team keep scrolling through my mind as I sit here and bask in the memories of that glorious summer.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

I'd pay money to go back there...wouldn't mind being 11 again and enjoying the Impossible Dream season and then wait just 2 short years later and witness the Bruins win 2 Cups in 3 years led by Orr, Espo and Cheesy.

I wouldn't mind it either. Getting to see the Celtics win it with Bill Russell in his final year as head coach a year later.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

ROY1NINER.......  in 1967 you had a good blend of "youth & vets along with a new manager in Dick Williams.........    Joe Foy, George Scott, Regie Smith, Mike andrews........  The speed & defense that Iggy & Bradley will bring will energise the team !!!!!

Bill, don't forget Rico Petrocelli, Hawk Harrelson, Elston Howard and the ace of the staff Jim Lonborg. There was no DH back then either. Triple crown winner Yaz.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

The new manager, I'll give you. But look again at the 1967 team. It wasn't as much of a blend of youth and veterans as you claim. It was basically a young team. The Sox's oldest starter in the lineup was Yaz, who was just 27 going into the season. As for the starting pitchers, the oldest starters were 30, and there were just two key relievers over 30.

The 2012 team, counting Iggy and Bradley as starters to go along with your hype, will have three  starters in the lineup over 30, five starters 29 or older and six 28 or older. And in the rotation, there are two starter older than 30. This is a lot older team than 1967.

The only similarity to 1967 other than the manager will be a rookie infielder (Andrews = Iggy) and a rookie outfielder (Smith = Bradley).

I don't know why you insist on living 40 to 50 years in the past, but you'd sound smarter if you compare the team to 1975. That team was more of a mix of veterans over 30 (Yaz, Rico and Denny Doyle after he was acquired, Tiant, Drago and Segui), youth (Burleson, Lee, Wise, Fisk) and two highly-touted rookies, although even if Bradley excels like Lynn and Rice, I don't expect Iggy to be as much of an impact, assuming he stays all year, which still is a longshot.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

The new manager, I'll give you. But look again at the 1967 team. It wasn't as much of a blend of youth and veterans as you claim. It was basically a young team. The Sox's oldest starter in the lineup was Yaz, who was just 27 going into the season. As for the starting pitchers, the oldest starters were 30, and there were just two key relievers over 30.

The 2012 team, counting Iggy and Bradley as starters to go along with your hype, will have three  starters in the lineup over 30, five starters 29 or older and six 28 or older. And in the rotation, there are two starter older than 30. This is a lot older team than 1967.

The only similarity to 1967 other than the manager will be a rookie infielder (Andrews = Iggy) and a rookie outfielder (Smith = Bradley).

I don't know why you insist on living 40 to 50 years in the past, but you'd sound smarter if you compare the team to 1975. That team was more of a mix of veterans over 30 (Yaz, Rico and Denny Doyle after he was acquired, Tiant, Drago and Segui), youth (Burleson, Lee, Wise, Fisk) and two highly-touted rookies, although even if Bradley excels like Lynn and Rice, I don't expect Iggy to be as much of an impact, assuming he stays all year, which still is a longshot.

Thanks  1niner for taking me to task !!!

Sections
Shortcuts