can you name the poster?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: can you name the poster?

wait, did i just slur that terrible dance/music group?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: can you name the poster?:
    [QUOTE]Did Babe or whoever was Babe eat crow or was it fried parrot when his act got tired and no longer played in BDC Peoria? Does that poster come back with a pet snake wrapped around his neck next time?
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

The irony is not lost on me that, since babe's dissapearance, you are the only poster who seems to reference him.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]A calzone is an Italian baked good, filled with cheeses, and spinach or meats. I grew up on Federal Hill in Providence, and I've NEVER heard that term used in anything other than referring to the food by that name.
    Posted by rightymclefty[/QUOTE]

Hope you escaped.  Neighborhood has gone to shiiiiiiiiiit.  I just moved from Broadway.

Back to Cranston, RodfromCranston

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: can you name the poster? : we have a WINNER!!!
    Posted by mryazz[/QUOTE]

Oh that reminds me, just recently I witnessed a lady who was leaving an Italian deli with a calzone in hand. Outside the door, a destitute homeless man sat on the sidewalk and said "I've not eaten for two days." 

And she responded, "Oh I wish I had your will power."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]I was informed of this last week and looked it up and you are correct. It is a slur to Italians and always refers to a a sexual organ. I had no intention since I coined the moniker to be similar to a Burrito or an Enchilada . I know that the forum thinks that having multiple monikers is ten times worse than trolling but I will change it tomorrow and come back with a new one. Be in the lookout for me with a new moniker and I promise to continue to act like a positive Red Sox fan instead of a Yankee troll. The negative forum needs some positive posters, right?

Bring back SilversteinSox!!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]If Drewski was RodFromCranston then you deserve an Acadamy Award.

Im not.  Im Drew from Cranston.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]If Drewski was RodFromCranston then you deserve an Acadamy Award.

In that other post, I was referring to Rightymclefty as rodfromcranston because he is.  Evidenced by his love for bulldogs and jason bay.

I like rodfromcranston though because, as you may have suspected, he is from cranston.

Im also not moonslav or law.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Pike you should go back to the days when you used different monikers for different purposes.  For example: silversteinsox would always be suspecting that BDC has 8 posters w 1,000 monikers a piece, lawboy would make juvenile jokes at law, sunslav would pick on moonslav, soxchemistry would tell me when to go back to work (which was actually helpful), pike would talk about baseball 

Not trying to pick a fight, im honestly suggesting this.  You were pretty good at it.  You developed some believable characters.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]Yes it is good for all Cranston residents to stick together, after all you might be offered a deal that you can't refuse.

The city is actually quite underwater.  Property value plummeting, absurd real estate taxes, diminishing tax base.  But its home.

Rod is actually a central/western cranston guy.  Im from east cranston.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Good eye, Drewski!
    It's a French Mastiff, but yes, I do love Bulldogs.
    The Hill is not what it used to be, that's for sure.
    Nightclubs are bringing a very different after hours element to Atwells Avenue.
    Yes, I do feel bad for what has become of Jason Bay.
    Nice guy and was a good player.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]Good eye, Drewski! It's a French Mastiff, but yes, I do love Bulldogs. The Hill is not what it used to be, that's for sure. Nightclubs are bringing a very different after hours element to Atwells Avenue. Yes, I do feel bad for what has become of Jason Bay. Nice guy and was a good player.

I was so excited when i moved to the intersection of broadway and battey st.  But the Hill is awful these days.  Agreed that the night clubs have ruined the place.  Cop cars outside the nightclub (the one across the street from sicillia's) EVERY NIGHT.

Julians (on broadway) was alright if you dont mind all the hipsters.  

Agreed JBAY was a nice guy and a good player.  I liked him when he was in Pitt.  If I recall correctly, his agent kind of screwed him over.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

The restaurants and quaint little stores used drew a nice crowd, who liked a fine meal and some shopping.
    Then some people got the idea to bring in after hours venues. I know people who love the Hill, and vacate before the loud crowd comes around.
    A whole different animal after 10:00. Dean Street is pretty rowdy, now.
    Broadway was where the elite lived in past times. I think even John Cicilline, a big mob lawyer, has had problems, living in a condo on Broadway.
    Julian's is fine, and yes, it's a very different clientele.
    Have there ever been two players to just crash so profoundly, as Bay and Crawford?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Make light of racial slurs.   Keep the city and it's reputation strong.

Atta boys!!!   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

BurritoT?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]The restaurants and quaint little stores used drew a nice crowd, who liked a fine meal and some shopping. Then some people got the idea to bring in after hours venues. I know people who love the Hill, and vacate before the loud crowd comes around. A whole different animal after 10:00. Dean Street is pretty rowdy, now. Broadway was where the elite lived in past times. I think even John Cicilline, a big mob lawyer, has had problems, living in a condo on Broadway. Julian's is fine, and yes, it's a very different clientele. Have there ever been two players to just crash so profoundly, as Bay and Crawford?

The crime is getting out of hand as well.  When I lived on broadway, our place was broken into twice, and our cars were constantly getting broken into :/

Regarding other players who have crashed....Does Beckett count?  LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

No, because his decline was gradual. I mean, the bottom falling out, like Barry Zito.
    Crime was nil, when Ramond LS Patriarca was around.
    Punks and thieves were afraid to do anything in The Hill, because it might be robbing a relative of Raymond's crew. That person would soon be part of a cement cornerstone somehwere.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]I'll continue to try to neutralize out the pretend Sox fan who hates each and every Red Sox player, coach, GM, and owner. His name used to be Hurtlocker, Deerhunter, Yazzer, and now MRYazz. With fans like that, who needs enemies. P.S., I never would think of going to a minor league and shout out "You stink Calzone" at an Italian player who was struggling, that would be despicable behavior

Being the Sicilian resident here and having grown up in the city of ethnic slang, I have never once heard calzone used in any form except good tasting food.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]No, because his decline was gradual. I mean, the bottom falling out, like Barry Zito. Crime was nil, when Ramond LS Patriarca was around. Punks and thieves were afraid to do anything in The Hill, because it might be robbing a relative of Raymond's crew. That person would soon be part of a cement cornerstone somehwere.

I know what you mean re: gradual (Beckett's velocity has been steadily declining for years); however, I just want to point out the fact that until September of 2011 he was pitching like a cy young contender, and since September of 2011, he's been nothing short of terrible.

But you are right that even though those numbers tell a different story, his decline (from a "stuff" perspective) has been gradual.  SO touche on that.

I have one for you , though.

Tony Clark.  Didnt we expect huge things from him when we signed him (based on past sucess) and then he came here and couldnt keep his avg above the mendoza line?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Also: Andruw Jones.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Gagne

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"  I know that the forum thinks that having multiple monikers is ten times worse than trolling"

It's not ten times worse than trolling, but it's certainly a form of trolling which you excel at when you put your mind to it. Along those lines, say hit to Lady Lake and Beacon Hill for me, miss them sometimes...

Just keep your Calzone name, folks understand you did not take it on with malicious intent or to setlle some absurd score (Hillbilly for example). 

Pike you were actually ok on this thread, kinda funny, human, not lecturing people about their perceived negativity. Keep it up.