cano? caYES! chachinggggggggg.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Re: cano? caYES! chachinggggggggg.

No way Cano will get 10 years from anyone at the age of 30, nevermind an insane $305mil. His ego is so oversized his head is about to explode. Hopefully MLB teams have learned not to sign such long term deals, especially for a player at 30 years of age. Teams have been burned more often than not by these deals. 

Hetch

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to LagunaJose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cano wants $30- mil. per year and we have Pedroia for $14 mil. per year..  What do the Yankee fans think that Cano is worth per year. My guess would be about  $18-22 mil. per year. They will pay it if they can void the Arod contract. 

[/QUOTE]

Void the ARod contract?  Surely you jest........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Not sure I like this. The Yankees are looking at Brandon Phillips, and while Im not sure what they would offer the Reds that the Reds wouldnt spit on, I like Brandon Phillips and do not want to have to start hating him. Losing Cano would weaken NY, its true, but if Phillips comes there he'll bring a vibe and energy that NY will eat up, and may ultimately allow them to do more damage overall than keeping Cano would. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Cano is not going to get that kind of money from anyone. He will sign with the Yankees for less.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Cano is not going to get that kind of money from anyone. He will sign with the Yankees for less.

money and years, then say he was glad a deal could get done, he wanted to remain a NYY,  all along

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not sure I like this. The Yankees are looking at Brandon Phillips, and while Im not sure what they would offer the Reds that the Reds wouldnt spit on, I like Brandon Phillips and do not want to have to start hating him. Losing Cano would weaken NY, its true, but if Phillips comes there he'll bring a vibe and energy that NY will eat up, and may ultimately allow them to do more damage overall than keeping Cano would. 

[/QUOTE]

I believe this is a bluff

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I believe this is a bluff

[/QUOTE]

Most likely, but it still scares me.......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The whole signing with Jay-Z  thing is a joke. Jay- Z is a rapper. Knows nothing about the business. Is  this what things are coming to ? Cano has no chance of getting that kind of money. This whole thing is preposterous. We have reached the point where the inmates are running the asylum. Where does it end?  I still say that Cano will re-sign with the Yankees for considerably less. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Up s*** creek, without a Cano.

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

[/QUOTE]

LOL! Nice. Laughing

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I think the 2013 Red Sox will throw a wrench in Cano's plans. Other teams see that you don't need to pay that kind of money to have success. That kind of money can alienate players, the total opposite of having a cohesive team. Not sure what kind of chance he had before the end of 2013, but, I believe, his chances of getting this contract have greatly diminished.

I think he's just betting on being the face of the Yankees a la Jeter for the future. He's probably hoping that is worth the money for the Yankees. Could be. They're gonna need a new face soon.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll take a wild guess and say that Nolan Ryan just might be calling robbie!

[/QUOTE]

Nolan Ryan isn't associated with the Rangers anymore or won't be shortly.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The gap between second baseman Robinson Cano and the New York Yankees on a new contract is enormous, with sources telling ESPN's Buster Olney that the soon-to-be free agent is seeking approximately $305 million over 10 years.

People familiar with Cano's thinking have a sense that he will take the biggest offer he receives this winter, regardless of whether it comes from the Yankees or another team.

The $305 million represents the total value of Alex Rodriguez's record-setting deal if he achieves all of the built-in incentives.

Cano, the Yankees' best hitter and a five-time All-Star, told Wallace Matthews of ESPNNewYork.com on Wednesday that he won't rush into anything, meaning the Yankees probably won't be able to take advantage of the exclusive negotiating window a club has with its free agents, which expires six days after the end of the World Series.

"If we don't make it to the playoffs, I want to take my time, go on vacation and relax," Cano said. "Then I want to sit down with my family and decide what we gonna do."

Cano, 30, a career .309 hitter who has averaged 28 home runs and 102 RBIs over the past five seasons, is expected to attract the most lucrative contract ever given to a second baseman. Currently, Ian Kinsler of the Texas Rangers is the highest-paid second baseman, having signed a five-year, $75 million contract before this season. Also this season, the Boston Red Sox gave second baseman Dustin Pedroia an extension that makes his total package worth $110 million over eight years.

"I haven't decided anything yet," said Cano, who leads the Yankees with 27 homers, 106 RBIs and a .315 batting average. "But don't get me wrong. I love this team, you know?"

Cano acknowledged that Thursday night's home finale against the Tampa Bay Rays could be his final game at Yankee Stadium, at least as a member of the home team.

"Oh, yeah, who knows? Who knows what's going to happen," he said. "I'm just enjoying being here, and I'm going to enjoy the last day, being here with all these guys. Nobody said I'm leaving; nobody said I'm staying. I haven't decided anything yet. Let's see what happens after the World Series."

[/QUOTE]OVERRATED, OVERPAID, AND ENTERING THE "TWILIGHT" OF HIS TIME !!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The gap between second baseman Robinson Cano and the New York Yankees on a new contract is enormous, with sources telling ESPN's Buster Olney that the soon-to-be free agent is seeking approximately $305 million over 10 years.

People familiar with Cano's thinking have a sense that he will take the biggest offer he receives this winter, regardless of whether it comes from the Yankees or another team.

The $305 million represents the total value of Alex Rodriguez's record-setting deal if he achieves all of the built-in incentives.

Cano, the Yankees' best hitter and a five-time All-Star, told Wallace Matthews of ESPNNewYork.com on Wednesday that he won't rush into anything, meaning the Yankees probably won't be able to take advantage of the exclusive negotiating window a club has with its free agents, which expires six days after the end of the World Series.

"If we don't make it to the playoffs, I want to take my time, go on vacation and relax," Cano said. "Then I want to sit down with my family and decide what we gonna do."

Cano, 30, a career .309 hitter who has averaged 28 home runs and 102 RBIs over the past five seasons, is expected to attract the most lucrative contract ever given to a second baseman. Currently, Ian Kinsler of the Texas Rangers is the highest-paid second baseman, having signed a five-year, $75 million contract before this season. Also this season, the Boston Red Sox gave second baseman Dustin Pedroia an extension that makes his total package worth $110 million over eight years.

"I haven't decided anything yet," said Cano, who leads the Yankees with 27 homers, 106 RBIs and a .315 batting average. "But don't get me wrong. I love this team, you know?"

Cano acknowledged that Thursday night's home finale against the Tampa Bay Rays could be his final game at Yankee Stadium, at least as a member of the home team.

"Oh, yeah, who knows? Who knows what's going to happen," he said. "I'm just enjoying being here, and I'm going to enjoy the last day, being here with all these guys. Nobody said I'm leaving; nobody said I'm staying. I haven't decided anything yet. Let's see what happens after the World Series."

[/QUOTE] Bill...you do realize he's only 9 months older than DP??....this isn't a criticism of DP..just sayin

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] Bill...you do realize he's only 9 months older than DP??....this isn't a criticism of DP..just sayin

[/QUOTE]wHEN YOU FACTOR IN THE DIFFERENCE OF $$$$$$ from  Dustin to Cano I think that it does not compare !!!   IMO  !!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Cano's character has been questioned, Pedroia's never has!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to djcbuffum's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cano obviously considers himself in the Manny-ARod-Pujols category of sluggers. He looks at Pujols 10-year, $254mm contract in 2012 (age 32), and sees that as a baseline. He opens negotiations 20% higher than that, with the expectation he'll negotiate down to roughly the same.

[/QUOTE] And how are the above names doing now ????  Would their presant teams like to "dump that $$$$" now ??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Cano obviously considers himself in the Manny-ARod-Pujols category of sluggers. He looks at Pujols 10-year, $254mm contract in 2012 (age 32), and sees that as a baseline. He opens negotiations 20% higher than that, with the expectation he'll negotiate down to roughly the same.

[/QUOTE] And how are the above names doing now ????  Would their presant teams like to "dump that $$$$" now ??

[/QUOTE]

No doubt. I'm glad the Sox won't be in on Cano. These contracts are a terrible idea. But we thought that everyone would have learned their lesson in 2007 with the Arod contract, and then the Angels bit on Pujols only two years ago. I think some team will bite, and 5 years from now the contract will bite back.

[/QUOTE]wITH WHAT THE rED sOX DID THIS YEAR, along with what Oakland continues to do, Makes this years Free-Agents look like DINOSAUR's

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the 2013 Red Sox will throw a wrench in Cano's plans. Other teams see that you don't need to pay that kind of money to have success. That kind of money can alienate players, the total opposite of having a cohesive team. Not sure what kind of chance he had before the end of 2013, but, I believe, his chances of getting this contract have greatly diminished.

I think he's just betting on being the face of the Yankees a la Jeter for the future. He's probably hoping that is worth the money for the Yankees. Could be. They're gonna need a new face soon.

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps...But I want to take this time to address something important.  The 2013 Sox were not the first team to use this model.  I submit that Brian Sabean did the same thing with the 2010 and the 2012 Giants........

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Just for clarification purposes....Jay Z wants $310MM not $305MM.....

also, the bronx (and the AL East) is a far different animal than NL central middle america cincy.  Many a player have signed a big contract or have been traded to the Northeast and have been crushed by the pressure of it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]wHEN YOU FACTOR IN THE DIFFERENCE OF $$$$$$ from  Dustin to Cano I think that it does not compare !!!   IMO  !!

[/QUOTE] sorry, but money is not a credible factor to the last part of your post..mentioning "being in the "twilight" refers to age which not that far apart so your $$$ reference  doesn't wash irt the end of your post... i'm sure he compares favorably to the majority of the current MLB'ers age 30-34(the somewhat acknowledged age range that some decline begins) FTR, i don't feel the need to compare them..i have enough respect for DP to let his merits stand on their own..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Just for clarification purposes....Jay Z wants $310MM not $305MM.....

also, the bronx (and the AL East) is a far different animal than NL central middle america cincy.  Many a player have signed a big contract or have been traded to the Northeast and have been crushed by the pressure of it.

[/QUOTE]

I think Cano has proven he can handle the AL East.

[/QUOTE]

I wasn't referring to Cano.  I was referring to Brandon Philips.

Apologies for the confusion in my post.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

offer cano 5 years and 125m to play SS for the sox....mostly kidding.  He would be the slugger we have wanted behind ortiz lol.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps...But I want to take this time to address something important.  The 2013 Sox were not the first team to use this model.  I submit that Brian Sabean did the same thing with the 2010 and the 2012 Giants........

[/QUOTE]

Ah...the National League. Might be more common there. I know they covered it a few days ago in an article on MLB.com regarding the Red Sox and their achievement. I don't know whether the same was done for the Giants in 2010 and 2012.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

FTR, and I've said this before, Cano visited the same clinic as ARod. They, apparently (LOL), couldn't find any notations about steroids in his records there. This is a guy that could have a private physician just to take take of him, and even have him in a house on his property.

IMO there's a good possibility that ARod's knowledge of other players there, and what was happening with them, has played into ARod's role on the Yankees, and their inability to void his contract.

If Cano is using, or has used, he's highly unlikely to change that as he ages. Just glad we won't be in the Cano sweepstakes.

Sections
Shortcuts