Cano Didn't Want to Play For Girardi Anymore

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Cano Didn't Want to Play For Girardi Anymore

Article paints him out to be a selfish player. "Anonymous sources" vilifying their ex hero?

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/story/2013-12-07/mlb-rumors-robinson-cano-joe-girardi-yankees-mariners-jay-z-240-million?icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl1%7Csec3_lnk1%26pLid%3D416104

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Cano Didn't Want to Play For Girardi Anymore

In response to MikeNagy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Article paints him out to be a selfish player. "Anonymous sources" vilifying their ex hero?

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/story/2013-12-07/mlb-rumors-robinson-cano-joe-girardi-yankees-mariners-jay-z-240-million?icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl1%7Csec3_lnk1%26pLid%3D416104

[/QUOTE] yeah, and we all know how above board those "anonymous" sources are...not to mention Cano will probably(as most players do) shoot down any assertion that he didn't want to play for Girardi..in this day and age tho..who really knows what's in a players heart at any moment...end of the day...i still love Robbie as a ballplayer and hope he continues to play well..  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] yeah, and we all know how above board those "anonymous" sources are...not to mention Cano will probably(as most players do) shoot down any assertion that he didn't want to play for Girardi..in this day and age tho..who really knows what's in a players heart at any moment...end of the day...i still love Robbie as a ballplayer and hope he continues to play well..  

[/QUOTE] oh, sorry...Mornin Mike! :-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

your so polite jete...even for a MFY fanTongue OutWink

I dont buy into the anonymous sources either. Cano does seem a bit selfish, ie; leaving the best agent in the biz because he thought the other one could make him a world wide name. Grass is greener syndrome. regardless, I agree...hes a solid ballplayer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

AS Hillary would say.........   "What difference does it make"  !!!    (Cano is not on our team, and for us he is in a better place)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Cano's a punk.  No different his BFF da milk man.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

And yet Robinson Cano is willing to play for the "dysfunctional" Seattle Mariners for $240 million:

http://seattletimes.com/html/mariners/2022420240_mariners08xml.html

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

AS Hillary would say.........   "What difference does it make"  !!!    (Cano is not on our team, and for us he is in a better place)

[/QUOTE]

the better place for Cano to land in regards to our team would have been NY. i'd rather see them waste 240M than the Mariners....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

the better place for Cano to land in regards to our team would have been NY. i'd rather see them waste 240M than the Mariners....

[/QUOTE]They are already peeeeeing the $$$ away and now we don't have to see Cano 18-19 times a year  !!!!   Or 80 + at bats !!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] yeah....now when driving around in the truck he'll have to replace Jay-Z and Kanye with Pearl Jam and Nirvana :-)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am glad he is out of our hair. It was a win-win situation for Sox fans, but overall, I like him 3000 miles away from NY

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am glad he is out of our hair. It was a win-win situation for Sox fans, but overall, I like him 3000 miles away from NY

[/QUOTE] Mornin Pumps...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

yeah, and we all know how above board those "anonymous" sources are...not to mention Cano will probably(as most players do) shoot down any assertion that he didn't want to play for Girardi..in this day and age tho..who really knows what's in a players heart at any moment...end of the day...i still love Robbie as a ballplayer and hope he continues to play well..  

[/QUOTE]

Morning Jete, He's a good ball player. Glad he's in Seattle, can't hurt us much there. If Ellsbury was in the NL, instead of with you guys, I might be able to wish him well. I have to hope he bats .130 with 5 stolen bases. As much as I respected Mo, I always had to root for him to blow every save.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I dont buy into the anonymous sources either. Cano does seem a bit selfish, ie; leaving the best agent in the biz because he thought the other one could make him a world wide name. Grass is greener syndrome. regardless, I agree...hes a solid ballplayer.

[/QUOTE]

Selfish?..... Would you leave your job for 240 mil if you were  making lets say 75 mil?... I hope not because that would be very selfish of you......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]They are already peeeeeing the $$$ away and now we don't have to see Cano 18-19 times a year  !!!!   Or 80 + at bats !!

[/QUOTE]

i'd rather face him 18 times a year than see someone else not named the Yankees saddled up with that albatross contract. sure, it might have gotten dicey the first few years but seriously, how many 41 year old second basemen are there?? how many 41 year old baseball players are worth 25M per?

if the name of the game is seeing the Yankees fail, then signing Cano would have been the best move possible.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] yeah....now when driving around in the truck he'll have to replace Jay-Z and Kanye with Pearl Jam and Nirvana :-)

[/QUOTE]

Lol.  Nice.  Happy Holidays, Jete!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] Mornin Pumps...

[/QUOTE]

Hey Jete....do you think the Yanks should have matched the M's offer?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Selfish?..... Would you leave your job for 240 mil if you were  making lets say 75 mil?... I hope not because that would be very selfish of you......

[/QUOTE]

maybe you should re read what I said. I dont believe I mentioned money.., grumpy old man

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to soups' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lol.  Nice.  Happy Holidays, Jete!

[/QUOTE] hey soups'!!..same to you bud..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] Mornin Pumps...

[/QUOTE]

Hey Jete....do you think the Yanks should have matched the M's offer?

[/QUOTE] no Pumps..i'll keep saying it..i love Robbie..but this 10 year nonsense has to stop..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

“Just a player like that, putting on the pinstripes, and being able to play your whole career in New York means something – to me, obviously it didn’t mean that much to him.” Sabathia added that he knows it was a difficult decision and that he was happy for Robbie and his family.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to tom-uk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

“Just a player like that, putting on the pinstripes, and being able to play your whole career in New York means something – to me, obviously it didn’t mean that much to him.” Sabathia added that he knows it was a difficult decision and that he was happy for Robbie and his family.

[/QUOTE]

Sabathia?  Please.  When he signed with the Yankees he had a nice little opt-out clause put in his contract.  He said publicly he wouldn't exercise it.  Then, gee, guess what, he did exercise it, and got 2 extra years tacked on.  Just another greedy mercenary.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Perhaps that was because Girardi took him to task for not hustling.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sabathia?  Please.  When he signed with the Yankees he had a nice little opt-out clause put in his contract.  He said publicly he wouldn't exercise it.  Then, gee, guess what, he did exercise it, and got 2 extra years tacked on.  Just another greedy mercenary.

[/QUOTE]

If I recall, before signing with the NYY, he said he wanted to play in the NL, so he could bat. He chased the money, too. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If I recall, before signing with the NYY, he said he wanted to play in the NL, so he could bat. He chased the money, too. 

[/QUOTE]

did he say it or did a source say it

is he allowed to joke about something like that

besides why shouldn't he chase the money

clev already traded him in july of his walk yr

what's he suppose to do, he owed no team anything / notta/ squat

besides lets be honest abouit it

this was a case of the money chasing him

he was labeled a nyy target B4 the season even ended

Bcash & the yanks were all over him from day 1

and that opt clause hnut talked about

it was cashes idea not CC's