CANO: "i was disrespected by the YANKS, how can i live on only $175m?" can you relate?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

CANO: "i was disrespected by the YANKS, how can i live on only $175m?" can you relate?

never liked cano but now i have maximal sympathy. i mean with the working poor and homeless types out there, this is where our pity should lie. the guy does good work with his bat and he has to b insulted like that.. jeez! of all the indignities..... a kid just got off for killing 4 peeps in a DUI incident due to his affliction of AFFLUENZA.. methinks cano just got a whiff of that.. i mean being to rich can b a disease.. where are the support groups, ads, campaigns? i can so relate, about time this cause is given its proper due... i hope you get the sarcasm... Cano is clueless and will come to regret his expressions..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: CANO:

In response to ImagydSportsBos' comment:

never liked cano but now i have maximal sympathy. i mean with the working poor and homeless types out there, this is where our pity should lie. the guy does good work with his bat and he has to b insulted like that.. jeez! of all the indignities..... a kid just got off for killing 4 peeps in a DUI incident due to his affliction of AFFLUENZA.. methinks cano just got a whiff of that.. i mean being to rich can b a disease.. where are the support groups, ads, campaigns? i can so relate, about time this cause is given its proper due... i hope you get the sarcasm... Cano is clueless and will come to regret his expressions..

how can i live on only $175m?" can you relate......yeah i can relate,...the day someone pays me 176 million to do my job.... Sealed

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Lets see how happy he is in about two years!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Could you live on  175 mil? .....If you were told you could make 240 mil doing the same job would you take that job or tell your boss that your so happy you don't want to leave for a lousy 65 mil more?... If you only had that chance you could care less what people on Boston.com think......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to billge's comment:

Lets just say .....VERY HAPPY................would you?......Would you be so unhappy if you were stuck makeing 240 mil for the Huston Astros..... lets get real people??????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

If you're going to quote him, use an exact quote.  He said the first part but he didn't say the second part.  He's certainly not the first rich athlete to use the D word.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

Could you live on  175 mil? .....If you were told you could make 240 mil doing the same job would you take that job or tell your boss that your so happy you don't want to leave for a lousy 65 mil more?... If you only had that chance you could care less what people on Boston.com think......

+1

actually

His net pay over the life of the Yankees offer, he said, would have been about $86 million.   
        http://itsaboutthemoney.net/archives/2013/12/10/canos-net-deal-with-ms-worth-42m-more-than-yanks-bid/#idc-container

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Lets just say .....VERY HAPPY................would you?......Would you be so unhappy if you were stuck makeing 240 mil for the Huston Astros..... lets get real people??????

It depends on what the alternative was.  I always thought Bay regretted signing with the NYMs instead of us.  I'd bet there are plenty of players that regretted taking a little more money for a far worse environment.  Some of these big contract players probably don't know how much they are even worth.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Dear Cano:

Thank you for leaving the AL East. 

Sincerely,

A Red Sox fan

P.S. The weather in the state of Washington from November to March is terrible. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

We can only pray that he wins the megamillions jackpot. Perhaps that will bring him peac.  He can always buy a little respect. If you got the 240 million as don says you should be happy win or lose as opposed to the poor fan who pays his salary and is stuck with a losing team.  Fan hurts more than the player.  Istill think he will find stuff to be unhappy about.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

+1

actually

His net pay over the life of the Yankees offer, he said, would have been about $86 million.   
        http://itsaboutthemoney.net/archives/2013/12/10/canos-net-deal-with-ms-worth-42m-more-than-yanks-bid/#idc-container

Thanks... Was just being cheap i guess ...lol

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Cano: " I was looking for a contract where I would be able to play and focus on the game and I wouldn't wonder when I'm 38 or 39 would I have a job one day?" "One thing in Seattle I get the chance."

This guy needs a REALITY CHECK.

a. You mean to tell me the YANKEES deal would have him distracted from "focusing" on the game?....WHY?.....without that extra 3 years or $60 million he's afraid he won't have money for groceries when he's 38????

b. This guy thinks he won't have work at 38 years old?.....All Star calibre players ( barring serious injuery ) usually play well into their 40s.

c. If you made $175 Million dollars for 7 years...seriously...would unemployment be a worry????

All I had to see was "Cano's camp led by entertainer/agent Jay-Z and his partnership " and I see where the "greed" takes it's roots.

It's really sad that African American people lived in poverty ( and many still do) in this country and were so repressed and badly treated, but the ones who are making money are making big money and they forget the suffering and struggles of their brothers and sisters....and the athletes and entertainers become, lying, cheating stroke artists who are 100% full of sh-t.

O.J. Simpson anyone?...Barry Bonds?.....

Bill Cosby needs to chime in about this.....Here's a brother who made it big, grew up in poverty and is thankful, grateful and sincere.

Give these people a reality check, if they were born 60 years ago, they would be lucky to have any kind of job....period!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Early Cano $range, upwards of 300MM and no budge. Boros tells him no way he gets this number. Cano fires Boros and throws in with JayZ who probably promised him more and he signs with Seattle $240MM/10. The Yanks then sign JE to $150MM+/7. The Yanks got their man JE at a bargain compared to Cano's deal. The Yanks are doing a makeover now and bad press image must be eliminated. With Cano behind more times than not in his $600.00/ month child support to wife and son in the Dominican Republic, the Yanks decided to turn the page on Robinson Cano and the potential bad press this situation could bring.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

I FOR ONE can-DO without CAN-NO.. just a waste of a human mind.. if he couldnt hit a ball, what else could he do with a personality like that? really gets into the core of this generation. so self-based.. its a team game but wants respect based all around him. if yanks respected all like that, would have no team to field in 5 years. imagine him in the clubhouse with that tude.. red sox want GROUNDED GUYS!

no beef with ells.. take ur $, just dont waste my intelligence talkin about respect. mr. ells is all bizness, no beef. even cashman doesnt resent cano, nor do i.. in reality he's making over $100m more when you factor in that seattle has no income taxes and very low other ones for such earners. u thank the yanks, buy an ad and thank the fans but spare me the family nonsense and the respect card.. buy your brinks truck and put ur $ in it!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

.....after all those short porch home runs turn into cans of corn, and he sits home every October.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

Cano: " I was looking for a contract where I would be able to play and focus on the game and I wouldn't wonder when I'm 38 or 39 would I have a job one day?" "One thing in Seattle I get the chance."

a. You mean to tell me the YANKEES deal would have him distracted from "focusing" on the game?....WHY?.....without that extra 3 years or $60 million he's afraid he won't have money for groceries when he's 38????

b. This guy thinks he won't have work at 38 years old?.....All Star calibre players ( barring serious injuery ) usually play well into their 40s.

c. If you made $175 Million dollars for 7 years...seriously...would unemployment be a worry????

All I had to see was "Cano's camp led by entertainer/agent Jay-Z and his partnership " and I see where the "greed" takes it's roots.

It's really sad that African American people lived in poverty ( and many still do) in this country and were so repressed and badly treated, but the ones who are making money are making big money and they forget the suffering and struggles of their brothers and sisters....and the athletes and entertainers become, lying, cheating stroke artists who are 100% full of sh-t.

Bill Cosby needs to chime in about this.....Here's a brother who made it big, grew up in poverty and is thankful, grateful and sincere.

Give these people a reality check, if they were born 60 years ago, they would be lucky to have any kind of job....period!

wow.  racist much?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

There's a same caliber player who took the same job for $140M less.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

We could set up a charity for him and the Seattle owner.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

Hate to break up your racist rant, but Cano is from the Dominican Republic and not African-American.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

an OJ comp Zill???....whew!!!Sealed

Sections
Shortcuts