CAN'T MAKE THIS UP, heard on the news this morning, "BIG PAPI'.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HankukSox. Show HankukSox's posts

Re: CAN'T MAKE THIS UP, heard on the news this morning,

Hmmmmmm. When bill gets me banned guys, a message letting me know would be nice.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gordon Edes article on ESPN.com:

"As long as they keep offering me a job and I keep doing what I'm supposed to do and the relationship keeps on building up, I'm going to be there. Hopefully, I won't have to go and wear another uniform."

Burton then asked what would happen if the team didn't offer him another long-term deal.

"Time to move on," he said.

Could he really envision himself in another uniform?

"I haven't seen it but if I have to, I've got no choice, I'm not going to quit. As long as I keep hitting the ball the way I have, I've got to keep on giving it a try."

[/QUOTE]
    Just saw it too. He wants a long term deal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HankukSox. Show HankukSox's posts

Hmmmm

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Here's the link to the article:

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/10358087/david-ortiz-boston-red-sox-consider-leaving-team-given-multiyear-deal

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh Bill ...

I see your true colors

True colors

Your true colors are shining through ...

[/QUOTE]And Mr. SPACEMAN,  And I thought that we understood each other ???Cool

[/QUOTE]

I don't think so, Einstein.  I think Space is a very kind and patient man that has been trying not to give you the 5h1t you deserve.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to tvfrank's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

At age 38 going on 45 is demanding a new long term contract OR he will move on  !!!!   Well, I will say that PAPI is a victim of POOR TIMING as his contracts have always come on the heels of a good season, but baseball being a business ownership/front office are reluctant to oblige because of age/twilight of whats left.........  What say you ???

[/QUOTE]

I say you are an ignorant racist.  Not too keen on melanin, are you Einstein?

[/QUOTE]

"Ignorant racist" is redundant. All racists are ignorant, and Bill is a good example.

[/QUOTE]

You are, of course, correct.  I'm going to ask Einstein every day to name the black players he likes.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

At age 38 going on 45 is demanding a new long term contract OR he will move on  !!!!   Well, I will say that PAPI is a victim of POOR TIMING as his contracts have always come on the heels of a good season, but baseball being a business ownership/front office are reluctant to oblige because of age/twilight of whats left.........  What say you ???

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"Ignorant racist" is redundant. All racists are ignorant, and Bill is a good example.

[/QUOTE]

You are, of course, correct.  I'm going to ask Einstein every day to name the black players he likes.

[/QUOTE]There ya go again with the simple race card !!   SEE TODAYS BLEACHER REPORT..... They have the same as  w b z -4 .....  Has zero to do with RACE, but all of you non-baseball people keep trying !!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

Isnt that what he's said, the last few times he was looking for a contract extension? He doesn't want to go anywhere else and the FO doesnt want him to, either. . It's all part of game.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]There ya go again with the simple race card !!   SEE TODAYS BLEACHER REPORT..... They have the same as  w b z -4 .....  Has zero to do with RACE, but all of you non-baseball people keep trying !!

[/QUOTE]

Bill, indeed this race card obscures the real issue to us baseball people.  The real issue is that, despite your repentent words which came only on the "heels" of Papi's really strong season and latest post-season heroism, you want to bury the guy and love nothing more than to slam him for the next little negative thing that hits the radar for this Sox legend.  The real issue is not your racial motivations, but your impossible-to-disguise disrespect for a hometown legend who has done everything to deserve your respect.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh, please, Einstein, don't even try.  Why don't you tell us about some of your favourite-ever Black baseball players? And why?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Bill, Bill, Bill... You are really getting desparate now. According to you, Papi was "done" last season. One more ring and a World Series MVP later and you sadly continue to bash the man who almost single-handedly has led us to the mountain top on more than one occasion.

"Let us not assassinate Papi further, Bill. You have done enough. Have you no sense of decency sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to HankukSox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When I see posts by a guy who has obviously been chewing on his caps lock key, I try to stay away. Sorry, late, got the flu, and as my daddy always said, "son, people who speak like that should be avoided."

[/QUOTE]Easy there SON......  After 181 posts, you have not been here long enough to judge/know/ or understand B-806 & his DAD !!!  

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't rocket science to understand you Bill.  Most pre-school kids could probably figure you out in a few seconds.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Last year, you were complaining about Ortiz getting a contract, after being injured.

So, how have his cotracts "always come after a good season"?

Are you really this dumb?

[/QUOTE]No !!!!  But it looks like you have not checked his history..... Yes, he has continued to contribute, but to ask for a "longer contract" would be insanity for the Red Sox or any other M L B team other than the Y A N K $  !!! Why attack B-806, he is just reporting the news/FACTS   !!

[/QUOTE]

How long a contract is he asking for? 2 years? 3?

[/QUOTE]At least two .....  Now, lets say that you are BEN C. ,  What would you do ???

[/QUOTE]

Why shouldn't he get "at least two"? Give it to him, he's earned and deserves it. 

[/QUOTE]

Two is fine as long as its incentive laden, based on games played.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Last year, you were complaining about Ortiz getting a contract, after being injured.

[/QUOTE]No !!!!  But it looks like you have not checked his history..... Yes, he has continued to contribute, but to ask for a "longer contract" would be insanity for the Red Sox or any other M L B team other than the Y A N K $  !!! Why attack B-806, he is just reporting the news/FACTS   !!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]At least two .....  Now, lets say that you are BEN C. ,  What would you do ???

[/QUOTE]

Why shouldn't he get "at least two"? Give it to him, he's earned and deserves it. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Thanks Pumpsie.......   Same token, at 15MIL per year, shouldn't the SOX raise some concern over that ?????  Just playing the "business card"  !!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Thanks Pumpsie.......   Same token, at 15MIL per year, shouldn't the SOX raise some concern over that ?????  Just playing the "business card"  !!

[/QUOTE]

Einstein....who are your favourite-ever non-white players?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to JIMMYPROFFER's comment:
    [QUOTE]

thanks for noticing.

guess i'm not smart enought to overpay jeter for the past 10 years and renegotiate a contract with arod for more $$ when no other teams are bidding.

my bad.

stalk much?

[/QUOTE]

So because another team made some foolish decisions means that your team should?

As far as stalking, don't flatter yourself. This is a discussion board, if you make a stupid statement you should expect people to reply to it.

I figured you would be used to that now considering the amount of bile you spew on here on a daily basis.

[/QUOTE]Is that you SOFTY ????   Jimmy Softlaw from HOOSHIERS !!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Ortiz Contract

I love Ortiz and we all knew this was coming.  I thought that it would be the first day of spring training, but he is a couple of weeks early.

There are three options and none of them are appealing:

1)  Pay him and then he will stop b!tching (for right now).  The problem is that the Sox will be paying a 39+ year old DH $15-$20 MM for at least 2015 and possibly 2016 (when he will be 40).  AND he said that he wanted to keep playing for as long as possible.  So, we will be running into this same issue in 2015 or 2016.

2) Don't pay him and let him play out 2014 on a 1-year deal and then offer him the QO after the year.  The problem will not the production, I am guessing that he will rake while he plays for free agency.  The problem is that this issue will be the story 10, 15, 20 times during the year and he will cry and moan and talk about how the Sox haven't been loyal (and possibly racist?) and he will ruin all of the good karma that the clubhouse built in 2013.

3) Trade him before the season and eliminate the problem.  But, who would you trade him to?  I would move him to Minnesota, where he started his baseball career.  Pay $10 MM of his salary and get a nice prospect in return.

It may be time to trade him and start anew.  This roster is going to roll over after this season anyway (Peavy, Dempster, possibly Lackey, Uehara, Breslow, Miller, Ross, Pierzynski, Gomes, likely Carp might all be gone).  If I were the Sox, I would keep him to start the season and if he keeps talking about it (which he will), then I would trade him and rally around the guys who are still here.

I think that BC is itching to let Ortiz's contract to expire and have him move on. But, I think that Henry, Werner and LL will step in again and Ortiz will have a 1 year extension tacked onto his current deal (extending the contract through 2015).  I just can't see this ownership group let him go when they are awash with new TV revenue, huge $$ coming off the books after this season and no salary cap.

Sections
Shortcuts