CAN'T TAKE MUCH MORE OF GAMES LIKE.....

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

Re: CAN'T TAKE MUCH MORE OF GAMES LIKE.....

In Response to CAN'T TAKE MUCH MORE OF GAMES LIKE.....:
    [QUOTE]  LAST NIGHT !!!  WHEN I FELL A SLEEP, I THOUGHT SURE WE WERE GOING TO GET BEAT..... DICE-MAN IS KILLING ME !!! WHAT TO DO WITH DICE-MAN???  WHAT SAY YOU ???
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me? That game was a blast to watch! Just when you think they might be done for the night, the bats come alive.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Re: CAN'T TAKE MUCH MORE OF GAMES LIKE.....:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: CAN'T TAKE MUCH MORE OF GAMES LIKE..... : I KNOW THAT YOU ARE RIGHT....HECK, THE WAY DICE-MAN STARTED AND KNOWING THAT THE WEATHER CONDITIONS WERE NOT GOOD, SORT OF FIGURED THAT WE WOULD BE TAKING A STEP BACK. (20-21)   DOWN 6 RUNS OFF THE BAT WAS A REAL BUMMER..... QUESTION STILL NEEDS TO BE ASKED, WHAT TO DO WITH DICE-MAN ????

Not sure what to do with the Dice. If he was consistantly bad, it'd be an easy decision. But, he does show flashes of brilliance. He's probably an acceptable #5 guy. The bigger question is Lackey, IMO.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Didn't he have two very good starts and than Tito put him in a relief spot on a cold night, and then skipped a start on him?  I think, I am just to lazy to look it up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to CAN'T TAKE MUCH MORE OF GAMES LIKE..... : Are you kidding me? That game was a blast to watch! Just when you think they might be done for the night, the bats come alive.
    Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]

It was indeed a blast, but I have to say, those last two innings almost killed me! Especially when Pedroia lined down the line and it went foul ... aauugghhh!! But alls well that ends well, as Willie said.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]Didn't he have two very good starts and than Tito put him in a relief spot on a cold night, and then skipped a start on him?  I think, I am just to lazy to look it up.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]
    Close, Burrito. He had two very good starts vs the Jays and Angels. Then he had a so,so outing against Seattle. They skipped his next start after he pitched an inning against the Angels at home. Hasn't been very good in the two games since.
    he has some elbow stiffness. Perhaps it's still bothering him.
    DLing Dice-K and Lackey will put the Sox in a bind. I'm not sure how Dubront has been lately.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I think he can still be a solid starter, as he was in those two starts.  Thank u for the correction.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

Team win!  I'll take it. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Darn it, Bill. I can take games like last night's - so long as the outcome is the same.

When it is, I kvell.

When it isn't, I kvetch.

There doesn't seem to be a middle ground.

Oy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

No it can't.  If they want him to have his best chance of success he should be allowed to prepare/pitch the way that enticed the team to bid/sign him in the first place.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CAN'T TAKE MUCH MORE OF GAMES LIKE..... : It was indeed a blast, but I have to say, those last two innings almost killed me! Especially when Pedroia lined down the line and it went foul ... aauugghhh!! But alls well that ends well, as Willie said.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]
     Mays?  Stargell?  McCovey?

(JK)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to CAN'T TAKE MUCH MORE OF GAMES LIKE.....:
    [QUOTE]  LAST NIGHT !!!  WHEN I FELL A SLEEP, I THOUGHT SURE WE WERE GOING TO GET BEAT..... DICE-MAN IS KILLING ME !!! WHAT TO DO WITH DICE-MAN???  WHAT SAY YOU ???

Haha.  Yeah Bill.  I was nodding off on the couch before the 5 run inning.  Figured I'd just turn in and be depressed in the morning.  But then they put the crooked number up.  So, I refilled my tumbler and sat up straight.  But by the 7th, the sandman had the best of me again.  But, the score being what it was, and this line-up starting to be what it is, I had to try and stick it out.  I made it, and boy am I glad I did.  That was just awesome.  May have lost an hour of sleep, but when I finally did turn in, with images of a graceful Gonzo swing and balls caroming off the green monstah to the roar of the crowd in the Boston night swirling in my mind like so many pink elephants... ah, such sweet repose.

Sections
Shortcuts