Can't Wait to See that Jackie Robinson Movie and Hear About His Story

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Can't Wait to See that Jackie Robinson Movie and Hear About His Story

Can't tell if this is the sarcastic softy of recent times or not.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

OK. Sarcasm.

Can't believe you couldn't at least keep Jesus out of it.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Jesus would be a Democrat, so it's hard to keep him out of it.

Good point.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I think Ken Burns covered it very well in his series on Baseball.  Plus Jackie himself starred in a movie called I think The Jackie Robinson Story.  Like Audie Murphy in To Hell and Back. 

I happen to think it's a great story, a very American story, but I'm in no big hurry to see the movie because I think I will be disappointed. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

To be honest, the racism that will be exposed in that movie is so embarassing to people like me who don't have a racist bone in my body, that it pains me too much to watch it.  If you people have read my older posts, you know that my brother-in-law is Black as are colleagues of mine at the hospital...wonderful people.  It's so hurtful that it's painful to watch.

Although not Jewish, I've lost family members in the holocaust.  I know the history and understand it.  So, I feel similar about this terrible event.  Atrocities in Vietnam, my era, bring out similar feelings.  If stretched, I suppose you could call this feeling a form of PTSD.

Some people, I suppose, need to be reminded of that horrible time in our history, but for the reasons mentioned above, I'll choose not to see it.   

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

To be honest, the racism that will be exposed in that movie is so embarassing to people like me who don't have a racist bone in my body, that it pains me too much to watch it. If you people have read my older posts, you know that my brother-in-law is Black as are colleagues of mine at the hospital...wonderful people. It's so hurtful that it's painful to watch.

I understand. It is important that people are reminded about segragation and American culture at that time. This is a story that not many people know about. American imperialism resulted from the culture created by the founding fathers. Sadlty, it's an American creation in world history.  

Although not Jewish, I've lost family members in the holocaust. I know the history and understand it. So, I feel similar about this terrible event. Atrocities in Vietnam, my era, bring out similar feelings. If stretched, I suppose you could call this feeling a form of PTSD.

Yes, the holocaust and segragation are two events that Americans know little about. Segragation was discrimination against blacks. The holocaust was the attempt to exterminate semites and people based on sexual orientation.

In Vietnam, American atrocities were bad and American people never got that story. Even if someone belives in communism enough to fight for it, it was wrong to slaughter them. The communists in southeast asia are pace loving people who just wanted to be allowed to let people decide who their leaders were. They didn't need to commit the atrocities that the Americans committed. I'm just glad that journalists got this story out, but it's a story that not many Americans know.  

Some people, I suppose, need to be reminded of that horrible time in our history, but for the reasons mentioned above, I'll choose not to see it

History must be taught in our schools to remind people of how bad most Americans were, at one time.

God, where were you when I needed a good divorce attorney?Smile

My relatives gassed at Auschwitz were caucasian catholics....why were they killed?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"This is a story that not many people know about. "

You're right about that, Americans are woefully uneducated unfortunately. 

63% of Republicans still think that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction even though that fiction has long since been disproven. 40% of them stil believe that Saddam was involved in 9/11. It's this lack of education that really hurts this country. 

All those polled could stand to watch this movie, that's for sure. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"This is a story that not many people know about. "

You're right about that, Americans are woefully uneducated unfortunately. 

63% of Republicans still think that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction even though that fiction has long since been disproven. 40% of them stil believe that Saddam was involved in 9/11. It's this lack of education that really hurts this country. 

All those polled could stand to watch this movie, that's for sure. 

Aren't you against this kind of chatter on the baseball pages?

Considere yourself spanked. Surprised

Better yet, I'll consider it 'ignored'.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

God, where were you when I needed a good divorce attorney?Smile

My relatives gassed at Auschwitz were caucasian catholics....why were they killed?

I can't answer that question, but my teachers taught me that it was to exterminate all semites. I'm a stupid old white male, though, so I suggest you ask someone from the Ad Council about the facts. I don't know the facts, other than what I learned in public school.

I'll have to seek out some teachers/professors for the answers.  They know all and guide our minds in the right direction.  Just that thought alone makes me feel better.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Yes, it's stunning how older people didn't learn the truth back during the dark ages of American society. Forcing them to learn it is important. That's why getting the Jackie Robinson story out is so critical to our society and to baseball. Most people have ignored it and/or know little about it. I asked someone who was the Red Sox player who had his number retired, #42. They said he wasn't a Red Sox player, but he was the bravest man in American history.

Thanks for the chuckle.  Your snide sarcasm set off against all your Boston-Bigots rants.  Truly funny.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

To be honest, the racism that will be exposed in that movie is so embarassing to people like me who don't have a racist bone in my body, that it pains me too much to watch it. If you people have read my older posts, you know that my brother-in-law is Black as are colleagues of mine at the hospital...wonderful people. It's so hurtful that it's painful to watch.

I understand. It is important that people are reminded about segragation and American culture at that time. This is a story that not many people know about. American imperialism resulted from the culture created by the founding fathers. Sadlty, it's an American creation in world history.  

Although not Jewish, I've lost family members in the holocaust. I know the history and understand it. So, I feel similar about this terrible event. Atrocities in Vietnam, my era, bring out similar feelings. If stretched, I suppose you could call this feeling a form of PTSD.

Yes, the holocaust and segragation are two events that Americans know little about. Segragation was discrimination against blacks. The holocaust was the attempt to exterminate semites and people based on sexual orientation.

In Vietnam, American atrocities were bad and American people never got that story. Even if someone belives in communism enough to fight for it, it was wrong to slaughter them. The communists in southeast asia are pace loving people who just wanted to be allowed to let people decide who their leaders were. They didn't need to commit the atrocities that the Americans committed. I'm just glad that journalists got this story out, but it's a story that not many Americans know.  

Some people, I suppose, need to be reminded of that horrible time in our history, but for the reasons mentioned above, I'll choose not to see it

History must be taught in our schools to remind people of how bad most Americans were, at one time.

By the way, regarding the holocaust, you left out the extermination of disabled people and about 2 million Poles they through in just for the heck of it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Space, I'm still learning to tolerate those who disagree with him and learning not to hate those who seek progress for the human race. It's hard to overcome an ancestry of bigots, haters and homophobes who did so much damage to so many people. I'm privilieged to listen to the historians of today get the truth out. I have a lot to learn. I've dedicated what years I have left to helping get the word out on stories of American heroes that people haven't hurd about or who have quickly forgotten.

American culture must not forget how bad American culture used to be.

If we don't know our history we are doomed to repeat it.

Sections
Shortcuts