Can't Wait to See that Jackie Robinson Movie and Hear About His Story

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Re: Can't Wait to See that Jackie Robinson Movie and Hear About His Story

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I thought it would take forever to get some recognition for this story. It's a great story, and everyone needs to see it.

Hope it's better then the Jackie Bradley Jr movie were watching now

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

No it isn't.

Yes it is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

It's "we're" not "were".

The Red Sox have a video they play, for all rookies. Bradley's just recently seen the new movie on Jackie Robinson. Most baseball fans don't know the real story of Jackie Robinson.

Trotting out another straw man in a vain attempt to look superior. You don't know what most baseball fans know.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:

It's "we're" not "were".

The Red Sox have a video they play, for all rookies. Bradley's just recently seen the new movie on Jackie Robinson. Most baseball fans don't know the real story of Jackie Robinson.

Trotting out another straw man in a vain attempt to look superior. You don't know what most baseball fans know.

He doesn't even know what he knows, because it changes so much, he forgets his past lies.

Pesky once dared compare Jacoby to Teddy and suddenly all of RS Nation were starstruck over the college educate,d silver spoon fed, job handed to not earned new CF'er.

Every signle fan, except softy fell for the hype.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Well.....I said I wouldn't do it, but I forced/dragged myself to go see the movie 42.

I must say that it was GREAT!  In my estimation, if one doesn't get a wet eye once or twice seeing it, they're not human. Harrison Ford does a great job as Rickey, along with the new guy who plays Robinson.

There are some real disgusting racist scenes, but there are also some pretty funny lines also.  One which I never knew involved a conversation between Rickey and Leo Durocher.  I laughed like hell, but no one else did.  Maybe that tells you something, I don't know..LOL.  I want to tell it, but don't want to ruin the movie if you haven't seen it yet. 

In essence, I think the movie is well worth seeing.

I loved the first at-bat scene with Robinson.  The camera shot was like right behind the plate. I'm guessing the speed of the pitch was in the 80's.

Sections
Shortcuts