cant watch dempster anymore

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxyjim. Show soxyjim's posts

cant watch dempster anymore

this guy is a bullpen killer.how can you throw 85 pitches in 3 innings

pluss the last game he threw and still be in the rotation.

i would rather see one our young pitchers than watch demp.i dont

know what his contract is but he has to be replaced.when he pitches

he drages the team down with him.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: cant watch dempster anymore

In response to soxyjim's comment:

this guy is a bullpen killer.how can you throw 85 pitches in 3 innings

pluss the last game he threw and still be in the rotation.

i would rather see one our young pitchers than watch demp.i dont

know what his contract is but he has to be replaced.when he pitches

he drages the team down with him.

We are going to have to watch DUMPSTER for the rest of the year. His ERA is nearing 5 now. No surprise; thats where I had him pegged at the beginning of the season. Just more garbage picked up by Cherries to feed the sharks. He isn't going to get much better either. He will have an occasional good game, and all the pink hats will be out in force; but when all is said and done at the end of Sept, his ERA will be close to where it is now.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

Don't know what the contract is....

bullpen killer

last game he threw...

My best guess is that you do not know very much at all about him or the team, even if he threw a clunker last night.

You don't send a pitcher of this non-quantity out to the mound in a big league ball game because of his contract!  This is a very nice guy, personally, who has nothing left. From pitch one, last night and most of his starts, it looks like he's throwing batting practice.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

bullpen killer

last game he threw...

My best guess is that you do not know very much at all about him or the team, even if he threw a clunker last night.

You don't send a pitcher of this non-quantity out to the mound in a big league ball game because of his contract!  This is a very nice guy, personally, who has nothing left. From pitch one, last night and most of his starts, it looks like he's throwing batting practice.

Not saying he hasn't faltered of late.  But lets put his performance in perspective.  He has struggled with his control.  And when he has had control problems, he has gotten beat, bad.  But 'looks like he is throwing BP'?  The dude is a strike out machine.  I wouldn't call what he has been doing 'throwing BP'.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to DLetterman's comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

bullpen killer

last game he threw...

Not saying he hasn't faltered of late.  But lets put his performance in perspective.  He has struggled with his control.  And when he has had control problems, he has gotten beat, bad.  But 'looks like he is throwing BP'?  The dude is a strike out machine.  I wouldn't call what he has been doing 'throwing BP'.

It's got beaten; learn use proper grammar dude!

ok

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to DLetterman's comment:

It's got beaten; learn use proper grammar dude!

It's 'learn to use', so you're fired as grammar cop very quickly. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

He started off great, no doubt. Should have more wins for sure. I cant argue that that control hasnt been there the last few games. maybe an adjustment or two is needed is all. Hes a smart vet and should figure it out. Also, maybe Farrell shouldn't let him toss about 130 pitches again and throw off his routine.

I said if he can give us 12 wins with a 4.5 era or lower Id be happy. Still a ways to go kids. Just like when he was doing well, Ill stay realistic and level headed when hes not. It doesnt amaze me though that the "I tola ya so" crowd comes out in droves because he struggling. A little premature if you ake me. Its not even June yet. This is why I cant take a lot of people here too seriously. Im not being a pollyanna, just realistic. 12 wins with a 4.5 era is very realistic. hes done well, and is now struggling a bit and yes, it doesnt look pretty. Still, Ill wait to see if he does make the adjustments to get back on track and hope he can.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I like Dempster and find it hard to believe that he will be incapable of winning a game or finding the strike zone from here on out....he's been pretty consistent his career

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

I like Dempster and find it hard to believe that he will be incapable of winning a game or finding the strike zone from here on out....he's been pretty consistent his career

agree 100%. With Dempster you cant get too high with the solid performances or get too low with the bad ones. By years end I think his numbers will be good numbers for a guy whos basically a 3-5 pitcher.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

agree 100%. With Dempster you cant get too high with the solid performances or get too low with the bad ones. By years end I think his numbers will be good numbers for a guy whos basically a 3-5 pitcher.

But RS fans do this with all the players they dislike........my grammar OK????????

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

But RS fans do this with all the players they dislike........my grammar OK????????

People need to stop acting like baseball is the same as football. There is 162 games people! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Grammar is fine Jim. Not sure what your talking about because I dont believe Ive said anything about your grammar...Someone else maybe, not me...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Grammar is fine Jim. Not sure what your talking about because I dont believe Ive said anything about your grammar...Someone else maybe, not me...

He's probably referring to letterman which is probably a pike alias.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

cheringtons offseason moves aside from napoli and uehara are not looking very good at this point. dempster's era is near 5 and he is just getting worse and worse, drew is barey hitting his weight (definitely not worth 10 mill), victorino is constantly injured and is now on the DL again (believe he was on it earlier in the year) and hanrahan is done for the season. while napoli's rbi numbers and extra base hits numbers are good, his average and strikeouts are not. and his defense at 1st is average at best. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from HankukSox. Show HankukSox's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

cheringtons offseason moves aside from napoli and uehara are not looking very good at this point. dempster's era is near 5 and he is just getting worse and worse, drew is barey hitting his weight (definitely not worth 10 mill), victorino is constantly injured and is now on the DL again (believe he was on it earlier in the year) and hanrahan is done for the season. while napoli's rbi numbers and extra base hits numbers are good, his average and strikeouts are not. and his defense at 1st is average at best. 

I think at this point you have to give a bit of a flier on Drew and Victorino.  Still early, and to be honest...  I had to watch the game on MLB Gamecast the other day, and looking at the overall BAs of the Sox, it was dismal.  Let's hope a lot of them pick it up.  As for Victorino, a concussion is one of those things.  Gotta be careful with it, because, it can, and probably will effect other aspects of your motor skills.  

Hanrahan is done.  And I didn't like that pick up to begn with, so I don't really care.

Back on track though.  Dempster has had some good days, and some bad.  Let's give him some time.  He's coming to the AL.  It's still early, and batters still have a bit of an advanage.  Am I saying he will turn it around?  Heck if I know, but I am not exactly ready to jump on now.  I hope Lester and Clay don't get smacked around this year, but that is expected of them.  From a guy who's basically a whatever 3-5 spot (seeing as the Sox have no defined positions really for 3-5), he is simply going to get smashed sometime.  Let's hope he figures out how to get around it.  He's a veteran, he's survived rough times, he can probably do it again.  What you guys seem to forget is that he has had some very decent games before now (and THIS YEAR..... before some wise-arse tries to make it seem like I am referring to other years).  So...  Take deep breaths and give it some time.

Sections
Shortcuts