cant watch dempster anymore

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: cant watch dempster anymore

In response to HankukSox's comment:

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

cheringtons offseason moves aside from napoli and uehara are not looking very good at this point. dempster's era is near 5 and he is just getting worse and worse, drew is barey hitting his weight (definitely not worth 10 mill), victorino is constantly injured and is now on the DL again (believe he was on it earlier in the year) and hanrahan is done for the season. while napoli's rbi numbers and extra base hits numbers are good, his average and strikeouts are not. and his defense at 1st is average at best. 

I think at this point you have to give a bit of a flier on Drew and Victorino.  Still early, and to be honest...  I had to watch the game on MLB Gamecast the other day, and looking at the overall BAs of the Sox, it was dismal.  Let's hope a lot of them pick it up.  As for Victorino, a concussion is one of those things.  Gotta be careful with it, because, it can, and probably will effect other aspects of your motor skills.  

Hanrahan is done.  And I didn't like that pick up to begn with, so I don't really care.

Back on track though.  Dempster has had some good days, and some bad.  Let's give him some time.  He's coming to the AL.  It's still early, and batters still have a bit of an advanage.  Am I saying he will turn it around?  Heck if I know, but I am not exactly ready to jump on now.  I hope Lester and Clay don't get smacked around this year, but that is expected of them.  From a guy who's basically a whatever 3-5 spot (seeing as the Sox have no defined positions really for 3-5), he is simply going to get smashed sometime.  Let's hope he figures out how to get around it.  He's a veteran, he's survived rough times, he can probably do it again.  What you guys seem to forget is that he has had some very decent games before now (and THIS YEAR..... before some wise-arse tries to make it seem like I am referring to other years).  So...  Take deep breaths and give it some time.

Victorino is on the DL with a hamstring. Is his brain in his leg?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sundvl20. Show sundvl20's posts

Before the last couple of games Dempster gave this team exactly what they were looking for from him. A chance to win if the offense could put a few runs on the board. He was giving up 2,3, or 4 thru 6 or 7. i will take that from a #4. He needs to get back to that, Lackey step up to #3, and patch together #5. If Buch and Lester can continue close to what they are doing, starters are not our big concern. Lately, timely hitting is the only problem

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

cheringtons offseason moves aside from napoli and uehara are not looking very good at this point. dempster's era is near 5 and he is just getting worse and worse, drew is barey hitting his weight (definitely not worth 10 mill), victorino is constantly injured and is now on the DL again (believe he was on it earlier in the year) and hanrahan is done for the season. while napoli's rbi numbers and extra base hits numbers are good, his average and strikeouts are not. and his defense at 1st is average at best. 

I think at this point you have to give a bit of a flier on Drew and Victorino.  Still early, and to be honest...  I had to watch the game on MLB Gamecast the other day, and looking at the overall BAs of the Sox, it was dismal.  Let's hope a lot of them pick it up.  As for Victorino, a concussion is one of those things.  Gotta be careful with it, because, it can, and probably will effect other aspects of your motor skills.  

Hanrahan is done.  And I didn't like that pick up to begn with, so I don't really care.

Back on track though.  Dempster has had some good days, and some bad.  Let's give him some time.  He's coming to the AL.  It's still early, and batters still have a bit of an advanage.  Am I saying he will turn it around?  Heck if I know, but I am not exactly ready to jump on now.  I hope Lester and Clay don't get smacked around this year, but that is expected of them.  From a guy who's basically a whatever 3-5 spot (seeing as the Sox have no defined positions really for 3-5), he is simply going to get smashed sometime.  Let's hope he figures out how to get around it.  He's a veteran, he's survived rough times, he can probably do it again.  What you guys seem to forget is that he has had some very decent games before now (and THIS YEAR..... before some wise-arse tries to make it seem like I am referring to other years).  So...  Take deep breaths and give it some time.

I can't either and wouldn't be surprised if something is wrong with his shoulder.  He has been really wild recently.  We should have never even thought about giving the guy that kind of contract at his age considering the last few years.  His time in Texas even featured a high ERA despite his record.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HankukSox. Show HankukSox's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

One would assume it is not.  I forgot he went back out for that.  But you have corrected me and caught it.  Glad you can do such, in such a civilized, big boy way too.

5. This post has been removed.