Captain or No

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArtWikle. Show ArtWikle's posts

Captain or No

After last year the Sox do not need a Captain. Jason as Captain should have done something about the chicken and beer as he had time since he was not starting every game. He knew and did nothing. No Captaincy needed as it does not work.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Re: Captain or No

This forum has switched over to Chinese take-out food. The members here can't stand the sight of anymore fried chicken. After you eat it three times daily for three months, you have had enough. You might want to give Bob Hohler a call and go out to Popeye's with him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In Response to Re: Captain or No:
    [QUOTE]This forum has switched over to Chinese take-out food. The members here can't stand the sight of anymore fried chicken. After you eat it three times daily for three months, you have had enough. You might want to give Bob Hohler a call and go out to Popeye's with him.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

Personally, I don't understand the appeal of fried chicken.  Or beer, for that matter.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Captain or No : Personally, I don't understand the appeal of fried chicken.  Or beer, for that matter.
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]

Fried chicken I could do without, but beer?? You GOTTA have beer!!

Wink

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

No you do not need one. Even Jeter is a figurehead, and he was of no help last year in that Posada fiasco when , Posad asked out of the lineup. varitek needed to straighten out the pitchers in that clubhouse which it does not appear that he did.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Valentine said no captain...looking for team leadership

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

In Response to Captain or No:
    [QUOTE]After last year the Sox do not need a Captain. Jason as Captain should have done something about the chicken and beer as he had time since he was not starting every game. He knew and did nothing. No Captaincy needed as it does not work.
    Posted by ArtWikle[/QUOTE]

There is something so high school about having a captain for a professional sports team.  Enough already - they are grown men and they should be able to handle themselves professionally.  There is no need for a captain.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBSHBT1969. Show TBSHBT1969's posts

[QUOTE]After last year the Sox do not need a Captain. Jason as Captain should have done something about the chicken and beer as he had time since he was not starting every game. He knew and did nothing. No Captaincy needed as it does not work.

It's pretty obvious from chickengate that the sawx don't have anybody willing to step up and be a true leader. 

Not to mention the "C" on the uniform is pretty pathetic. 

Unless it stands for "Chicken".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nonola. Show nonola's posts

I never got this captain of a baseball team thing. This ain't hockey were the c or the a is permission to step in the refs circle to discuss/argue with him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBSHBT1969. Show TBSHBT1969's posts

[QUOTE]I never got this captain of a baseball team thing. This ain't hockey were the c or the a is permission to step in the refs circle to discuss/argue with him.
    Posted by nonola[/QUOTE]

Obviously tek didn't get it either............

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from drpjn. Show drpjn's posts

Seems to me that the Dick Williams style a la 1967 is the way to go:

One chief (Bobby V)

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBSHBT1969. Show TBSHBT1969's posts

[QUOTE]   CAPTAIN ? CAPTAIN?? CAPTAIN ?????????   AS DAD WOULD SAY....... "SON, THE CHIEFS RAN THE NAVY, WE DON'T NEED ANY HIGH & MIGHTY CAPTAIN" !!!!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

That's great bill, but tell your dad that this is baseball....not the Navy

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Captain or No : Fried chicken I could do without, but beer?? You GOTTA have beer!!
    Posted by ThefourBs[/QUOTE]

Beer, the real breakfast of champions.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Captain or No : Fried chicken I could do without, but beer?? You GOTTA have beer!!
    Posted by ThefourBs[/QUOTE]

LOL.  No, maybe YOU gotta have beer, but I can live without it.   

Really, what is the appeal of beer?  It tastes like crap!   LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I've always liked the idea of Jason being the Captain, not that he needed to wear the C on his chest.   Personally, I thought he was a great captain and a great leader on the team.  I don't know what all was said by whom in the clubhouse regarding the apparent country club mentality, but I am disappointed that Varitek or one of the other team leaders was not able to have a more positive effect on the team.

Sections
Shortcuts