Cards to the WS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Cards to the WS

Can't believe how Kershaw and the Dodgers folded like a cheap pack of cards (no pun)

The Cards are looking good.

So, looks like the ALCS game will be at 8, not at 4 then.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

Re: Cards to the WS

In response to blingblang's comment:

Can't believe how Kershaw and the Dodgers folded like a cheap pack of cards (no pun)

The Cards are looking good.

So, looks like the ALCS game will be at 8, not at 4 then.

Okay by me.  I've got tickets to the ND-USC game, so I was going to miss it anyway.  With the Cards, it MIGHT be possible to get a ticket to one of the games in St. Louis (not easy, they are a baseball town as much as Boston is).

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from terminator-x. Show terminator-x's posts

In response to manosome's comment:

Hopefully, the SOX will be playing the Cards. Both were tied for best W/L record in baseball.

Btw, have 2 teams ever faced each other in the WS with identical regular season records?

I checked the internet and couldn't find an answer.

Karshaw gets shelled; even aces have bad days. Let's hope the Sox get one of Detroit's aces on a bad day.

Cardinals are tough. Their starters are just as good as Detroit's, with a stronger bullpen. They have clutch hitting, too. But recall they had 100+ wins in 2004 and the Sox still swept them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Boston Red Sox

Congrats to the Cardinals on advancing to the World Series. Our ALCS Game 6 vs. Tigers will now be Saturday at 8:07pm on FOX#WinToday

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Congrats indeed

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I hope the sox meet them in the world series.  It would be fun to beat them again!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I only wanted the Dodgers to win so I could drive to tinseltown & see their home games & root against C. Crawford. I also wanted the A's to win so I could see the Sox. But , at least , I went to 2 out of 3 games at AT&T park(great place but still not Fenway) when we beat the Giants.

Cards beat us in 1946 & 1967 and we they in 2004( a sweep) and need even the series to 2-2.

Hope we get some new announcers as Buck and McCarver have been biased toward the Tigers. You can imagine their bias toward the Cards.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Cards are going to be very tough to beat, especially if Allen Craig comes back. They can hit, they can Pitch, and they can Field. Usually a good mixture.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I was very unhappy to see them win.  They allways win and I don't want to see them win another World Series.  It would be better for baseball if someone else had won either the Pirates or Dodgers. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

I hope the sox meet them in the world series.  It would be fun to beat them again!

hi 67' if so, since 2000..you guys will have combined for 7 WS appearances, with you guys and the Cards having hooked up twice..Cool

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Cards have been a great franchise Branch Rickey was the consummate GM in the 1920's and 1930's.  Good points by Jete.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

In response to 67redsox's comment:

hi 67' if so, since 2000..you guys will have combined for 7 WS appearances, with you guys and the Cards having hooked up twice..Cool

Cards are probably the classiest baseball franchise, and perhaps their fan base too.  They epitomize the way baseball team should be built, the way the game should be played, and the way the game should be enjoyed.  Fans are very fair to their team, as well as to other teams and fans.  Hard to pull against them unless it's your team facing them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Congrats to the Cardinals.  No Pujols, no Chris Carpenter, No Tony LaRussa, and no Dave Duncan.  But they still manage to stay competitive and reach the World Series.  Props to them.  Laughing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

I expect them in WS 2 or 3 times in next 5 years. Loaded in the Farm. One of the best, if not the Best Farm systems in Baseball.
    Mozeliak is a great GM, he believes in investing heavy into Kids. Tries to curb the Free Agency rule.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I am not at all surprised that the Cardinals beat the Dodgers. To me..that was a no brainer.

17. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts