Carl Crawford and His Contract Could be the Biggest Bustout in the History of Baseball

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Carl Crawford and His Contract Could be the Biggest Bustout in the History of Baseball

A $20M ballplayer, who bats seventh, can't hit, and on top of it, is removed in the 7th inning almost every game because he can't throw.

They should just DL him for the season, have him get the surgery and see what he can do next year. I love this 'varsity' reinforcement Lucchino talked about.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Carl Crawford and His Contract Could be the Biggest Bustout in the History of Baseball

219 BA, 265 OBP, 219 SG%

he is actually doing worse this year than last

plus now he is being removed after 7 innings for a defensive replacement

beautiful......now we sit back and wait for the defenders to spin this (this is will be better than the Nancy/Thursday Drew lovers)......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Re: Carl Crawford and His Contract Could be the Biggest Bustout in the History of Baseball

Yeah, he is a good guy and a hard worker but he will never live up to that contract, so he'll never be comfortable in Boston. On top of that, Crawford may need another surgery soon, so I think Cherrington really dropped the ball if he turned down the Marlins offer for switch contracts with Hanley Ramirez.

Ramirez may be declining but he's still only 28 and has 14 HR's & 48 RBI's this year which we would've killed if Carl had those numbers right now. Plus, Hanley could've been affected by the postion switch to 3rd base and he could've gone back to SS with the Sox. Also, some say he has attitude issues but he respects Papi so much that I think he would've straightened him out like KG does with the C's young bloods.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: Carl Crawford and His Contract Could be the Biggest Bustout in the History of Baseball:
    Doesn't every poster on the forum know by now that you are a Yankee troll?
    Posted by Calzone65

Actually, I'm not. You obviously haven't read my threads on Barnes, Jackie Bradley, Jr. , etc.

If I was a troll, why would I want Lavarnway up, Linares up, and guys like Punto, Sweeney and other non-productive players sent packing. 

Root for this guy all you want, but he stinks. There is no denying it.

I'll ask you this Calzone - I'm not sure how old you are (I'm 52) but in the history of baseball have you ever seen a top paid ball player removed from the game consistly in the 6th/7th/8th innings because he can't throw. In addition, he is awful at the plate. Let's check your baseball acuman and see if you can come up with an analogy to the Carl Crawford situation.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: Carl Crawford and His Contract Could be the Biggest Bustout in the History of Baseball:
    219 BA, 265 OBP, 219 SG% he is actually doing worse this year than last plus now he is being removed after 7 innings for a defensive replacement beautiful......now we sit back and wait for the defenders to spin this (this is will be better than the Nancy/Thursday Drew lovers)......
    Posted by andrewmitch

Well andrew, I'm a Yankee troll because I'm fed up with this guy. He should be DL'd for the season because he's not helping. Batting 7th? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

who called you a troll pike/belhorn/calzone?

I am actually feeling sorry for him. 

But if he/they/it harrass you it is actually a good sign.......be afraid if he/they/it ever agree with you.  Be very afraid :)

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I was shocked that Ben didnt pull the trigger on thst move for HR...Less years, less $$, younger, and more potential...knowing that CC will need TJS and he sat on his hands is just pathetic...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

Change the word COULD to IS.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I was shocked that Ben didnt pull the trigger on thst move for HR...Less years, less $$, younger, and more potential...knowing that CC will need TJS and he sat on his hands is just pathetic...
    Posted by southpaw777

The Marlins are trying to cut payroll. I doubt that the rumor was true. No way they take on Crawford's contract.  I am sure that Ben would have made that deal in a minute.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Miami most likely had multiple scenarios for Ramirez and Crawford just is not a good fit for their future.

The surgery for him isn't going to vastly improve his arm either.  When has he ever had a decent throw?

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I've been saying the guy should have surgery since April.

This is the predictable outcome of trying to play through an injury that requires surgery.  You rehab for months, come back, can't play and THEN have surgery.

Stupidity.

Lack of leadership from the Sox.  The should have shut him down. 

Really, he should have had the surgery way back in the spring.

Now he will miss most of 2013.  A complete disaster.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In Response to Re: Carl Crawford and His Contract Could be the Biggest Bustout in the History of Baseball : The Marlins are trying to cut payroll. I doubt that the rumor was true. No way they take on Crawford's contract.  I am sure that Ben would have made that deal in a minute.
    Posted by dgalehouse

WEEI reported that the deal was in play and Cherrington was trying to flip HR to a third team. My guess is that Miami just ended up dealing directly with the team (Dodgers) who the Sox were working with and if that's the case, then this is not Ben being bold and the Sox kind of blew it.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The guy has a partial tear in his elbow tendon.  Everyone knows he needs surgery.  Why is he not scheduled for surgery tomorrow. 

What exactly is the organization expecting to happen?  It is not going to grow back.  He needs surgery.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Is today Monday?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Carl, clearly is not himself. What's wrong? I don't know and I don't think any of us know. It seem's to be serious. I hope he gets help. I just get the feeling something more than baseball is wrong with Carl  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Carl, clearly is not himself. What's wrong? I don't know and I don't think any of us know. It seem's to be serious. I hope he gets help. I just get the feeling something more than baseball is wrong with Carl  
    Posted by proftom

Elbow surgery.

he needs elbow surgery.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

I've been saying the guy should have surgery since April. This is the predictable outcome of trying to play through an injury that requires surgery.  You rehab for months, come back, can't play and THEN have surgery. Stupidity. Lack of leadership from the Sox.  The should have shut him down.  Really, he should have had the surgery way back in the spring. Now he will miss most of 2013.  A complete disaster.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

The RS did the same thing with Lackey. He also should have been shut down & had surgery so that he would have been ready for Spring Training. It just seems like the FO doesn't have a clue.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

who called you a troll pike/belhorn/calzone? I am actually feeling sorry for him.  But if he/they/it harrass you it is actually a good sign.......be afraid if he/they/it ever agree with you.  Be very afraid :)
    Posted by andrewmitch

Andrew never feel sorry for a guy making 20 mill a yr.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

Could be, could be, you are way to charitable, Crawford is without a doubt theee biggest bust since FA began. Theo will never be forgiven for signing this Bozo.

Sections
Shortcuts