Carl Crawford diary

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Carl Crawford diary

This is a link to an interesting column written by Carl Crawford where he talks about himself and his opinions of what's going on with the Sox.Here's a paragraph from it too:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/red-sox/post/_/id/13636/crawfords-diary-yes-im-having-a-bad-year

There's been a lot of speculation about why I have been hitting better. It's been said I've been putting my foot down when I'm hitting. I don't know anything about that because I haven't told the media anything about what I've been doing besides just getting ready early and trying to hit the ball.
    I don't watch, read or listen to what is said about me. I don't really talk to a lot of the media. Like the thing about getting my foot down, that's not something I've said to anybody. Most of the stuff I see about me is mostly bad. So I don't read the papers anymore. I don't watch SportsCenter that much. I really don't know what's being said about me. I think that's the way I like to keep it. So this one time, I am going to look at what's being said and address each one so you can know the truth.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Carl Crawford diary

Great article.  Thanks for posting it. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

As alway Mojo we can count on you to bring the news to us...good read, I hope the kids can finish strong!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I am rooting for him every at bat but to watch him today hitting off balance to left field never getting a full cut at the ball is disturbing.  He looks uncomfortable and totally defensive in the vast majority of his at bats.  I will be glad to be proven wrong when I see him hit consistently.  For some reason though he just can't. A great mystery for such a good player in the past now appearing like a borderline major leaguer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moremo. Show moremo's posts

Dear diary,

After my rough year, it's not easy watching that Reddick kid struggle so badly. It hurts to watch, but from what I hear through the grapevine, maybe the Nation will cut me some slack now that they have another target. This Nation sure seems to love targeting their home town players. Back to Josh, since July 26th, the kid is hitting .186, going 16 for 86 with 2 dbl's, 2 hr's, and 5 rbi's. Ouch!!

Though I don't read the local newspapers, nor listen to all that talk radio nonsense I am fully aware of how badly I trail Josh in the flowing hair statistics. I just wish the kid wouldn't rub it in by removing his hat every chance he gets.

Well, gotta run, I went hitless again today, maybe i should view some video footage.

Peace out diary,

the craw

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I hope Crawford does watch video.  What he is doing needs to be fixed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BizzaroLaw. Show BizzaroLaw's posts

thanks

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

"Dear diary. Today I stunk once more. I'm laughing all the way to the bank. If I were a Catholic, I'd have to go to confession and confess to stealing the money the Red Sox are paying me".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Is this what is comes down to?  We evaluate him as awful today.  We no longer consider any sample size beyond one or two games?  But only if it fits the narrative.  CC had a good road trip and so did the Sox.  They are playing well.  Can't that ever be enough?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: Carl Crawford diary:
    Is this what is comes down to?  We evaluate him as awful today.  We no longer consider any sample size beyond one or two games?  But only if it fits the narrative.  CC had a good road trip and so did the Sox.  They are playing well.  Can't that ever be enough?
    Posted by jimdavis

Or even whether or not there was a game today....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Is this what is comes down to?  We evaluate him as awful today.  We no longer consider any sample size beyond one or two games?  But only if it fits the narrative.  CC had a good road trip and so did the Sox.  They are playing well.  Can't that ever be enough?
    Posted by jimdavis

The Red Sox are a team with many moving parts.  The highest paid member on the team has been hugely underperforming.  Crawford looked terrible at the plate against Oakland. Mired in the seven spot he is batting like a borderline major league player.  It is a very significant story that is worth discussion. Crawford against the A's could not even hit a ball to the center or right side of the field.  He needs work on his swing and why not discuss it, it is a huge story.  I am rooting for Crawford as hard as anybody but  the truth is right there like the nose on your face.  Something is wrong and we have every right to discuss it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

crawford is a joke. as is the guy that signed him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from davescout. Show davescout's posts

Dear Diary,

Bostons fans actually care about there team and know when a player is  playing like Sh#t ....... I think i made a big mistake coming here. I miss Tampa where no one cared and there was no pressure on me. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

In Response to Re: Carl Crawford diary:
    Dear Diary,             Bostons fans actually care about there team and know when a player is  playing like Sh#t ....... I think i made a big mistake coming here. I miss Tampa where no one cared and there was no pressure on me. 
    Posted by davescout

amen!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

Dear Diary :  I went for the big dollars, so there are big expectations. It was my decision, any pressure to perform, I put it on myself. I have been trying to hard, and not trying hard enough.

I need to stop chasing balls out of the strike zone. Once I get my plate discipline back, things will fall into place. In the meantime, the team is in a pennant race, they need me to perform, I will do everything possible to help them win. Then I will work on my own inequities. 

Sections
Shortcuts