Carl Crawford gives an interview.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Carl Crawford gives an interview.

I guess after Carl's performance last night, he decided to give an interview.  It was painful to watch and I am sure he was forced in front of the mic.

Watching him last night was a lot different from his spring training interviews.

Carl Crawford is a pissed off man at the moment.   He is another one of Theo's gone bad experiments.  He needs to be dealt during the off season, and hopefully theo goes as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Re: Carl Crawford gives an interview.

In Response to Carl Crawford gives an interview.:
    Carl Crawford is a pissed off man at the moment.   He is another one of Theo's gone bad experiments.  He needs to be dealt during the off season, and hopefully theo goes as well.
    Posted by jackbu

Crawford isn't going anywhere. Hopefully he starts to perform better in the future. We will be watching him in a Sox uniform for years to come.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Carl Crawford gives an interview.:
    I guess after Carl's performance last night, he decided to give an interview.  It was painful to watch and I am sure he was forced in front of the mic. Watching him last night was a lot different from his spring training interviews. Carl Crawford is a pissed off man at the moment.   He is another one of Theo's gone bad experiments.  He needs to be dealt during the off season, and hopefully theo goes as well.
    Posted by jackbu

Carl Crawford ended last season hitting .307, making it the fifth time in the past 6 years he hit over .300.  In the past two years, he has hit 34 HR, drove in 158 RBI and stolen 107 bases.

Crawford was a solid player, not an experiment.  Trying Dustin Pedroia at second base with no Plan B was an experiment.  Crawford has been bad, but he was most definitley a solid major leaguer.

The problem with Sox fans is they cannot handle the realities of free agency.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Carl Crawford was the best value and long term fit for the Red Sox. They did not have any lefty OFers who can slug and steal a ton of bases. Crawford's season last year was like normal for him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Re: Carl Crawford gives an interview.:
    In Response to Carl Crawford gives an interview. : Carl Crawford ended last season hitting .307, making it the fifth time in the past 6 years he hit over .300.  In the past two years, he has hit 34 HR, drove in 158 RBI and stolen 107 bases. Crawford was a solid player, not an experiment.  Trying Dustin Pedroia at second base with no Plan B was an experiment.  Crawford has been bad, but he was most definitley a solid major leaguer. The problem with Sox fans is they cannot handle the realities of free agency.
    Posted by notin

Heck I'd be all for his current contract if those were the numbers he put up every year, not every two.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

huh? Are you kidding?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from legion12941. Show legion12941's posts

I'm betting he'll play better next year.
    He'll never meet the expectations of fans, but he'll play better.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

I enjoy watching tampa and like the team, but there aren't many of their players I want playing in Boston.

Some pink hat fans kept thinking lugo was going to play better as well.  How did that work out?

Some small market players never make it in the big markets.  I have been blogging this for years.

I doubt crawford will play better next year.  Go ahead and keep showing me stats from what he used to do.   Edgar could not play here, and he has a world series mvp award. 

One of the reasons theo got crawford was for his base stealing.  He has not even lived up to that this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In Response to Re: Carl Crawford gives an interview.:
    I enjoy watching tampa and like the team, but there aren't many of their players I want playing in Boston. Some pink hat fans kept thinking lugo was going to play better as well.  How did that work out? Some small market players never make it in the big markets.  I have been blogging this for years. I doubt crawford will play better next year.  Go ahead and keep showing me stats from what he used to do.   Edgar could not play here, and he has a world series mvp award.  One of the reasons theo got crawford was for his base stealing.  He has not even lived up to that this year.
    Posted by jackbu

Do you even understand what you are talking about?? Deal CC this offseason??? And he didn't steal bases this year like he used to because he could not get on the base.  He did not have much opportunity.  Even if he got on the base, Tito probably didn't give him ok to steal because he was not leadoff man.  He probably got on the base with 1 or 2 outs or someone on the 2nd base already most of the time since he hit bottom of the order.  For base stealing wise, there wasn't not much he could do this year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

there aren't too many players that have three great consecutive years. Crawford also apologized to Boston fans for his poor play this season and vowed to have a better one next year. Let's give it more than one season to see how this plays out.Literally.

Sections
Shortcuts