Carl Crawford not a big fan of Boston or it's media

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Carl Crawford not a big fan of Boston or it's media

Here's a paragraph and a link to read the rest of the article:

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/danny-knobler/21826144/happy-now-crawford-says-of-boston-they-love-it-when-youre-miserable

He knows now he never should have gone there, knows now that signing that $142 million, seven-year contract was a mistake. He knows it now, and he admits now he knew it almost immediately.

Boston and Carl Crawford were a bad mix.

"I think that's the truth," Crawford said. "It just wasn't the right place for me at the end of my day. I didn't do my homework. Maybe they didn't, either.

"At the end of the day, it just wasn't the place for me."

He takes responsibility for his poor on-field performance during his Red Sox career, which ended abruptly, first with the Tommy John surgery that is still slowing him this spring, then with the trade to the Dodgers that finally sent him to Southern California.

He should already have been there, should have been anywhere but Boston. But he took the money and went to Boston, into the hands of the media he now blames for making him miserable.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Carl Crawford not a big fan of Boston or it's media

This is the second time we posted the same story within minutes of eachother...We should check witheachother first from now on...LOL

Did the same thing with the Westmoreland story...

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Dear Dodgers,

Thank you for taking this fool from us.

Sincerely,

A Red Sox Fan

P.S.  I still think the Giants are better than you guys.   LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Abraham line: 

What's perhaps most interesting about these comments are not that Crawford said them; people who knew him in Tampa predicted before the 2011 season that he would crack under the pressure of a big market. It's the Red Sox either didn't realize — or ignored — the fact that Crawford's personality would be an issue.

Jesus, I called this as did about four or five other posters here the day he was signed. Bad fit. Bad fit. Bad fit. Let me count the ways. And now the guy calls out the media? Wow, Carl, you are so thin-skinned. Be a man, just say you sucked in Boston, you were hurt in Boston, and move on. He was the worst signing in Sox history by far. It takes Offerman, Lackey, and others off the hook.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Another LFer hated the Boston media and was a minority to boot. He performed fairly well. Ted Williams anyone?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Why does anyone care what a poor playing former LF has to say, he's gone along w/ his bloated contract.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

yeah, but Williams hit 500 homers for the Sox. And Rice is also in the HOF and he hated the media too. It's when YOU LET THE MEDIA BE YOUR EXCUSE FOR FAILURE...that's when you jump the shark as a person.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Dear Dodgers,

Sincerely,

A Red Sox Fan

LOL

You're brutal!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Dear Dodgers,

Sincerely,

A Red Sox Fan

Lmao!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

If I'm a Dodgers fan, this has to concern me.  Total lack of personal accountability.

"It was just a bad fit" (implying that the underachievement was nobody's fault).

If he is not going to acknowledge his part in his personal underperformance, how can anyone expect him to get better?

Someone needs to tell him: if you dont like the results you are getting, change what you are doing.  External changes rarely solve internal problems.

If he's not going to take any accountability, he's not going to look to make changes / corrections.  Therefore, he can expect similar results.

Good luck with this guy....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Another LFer hated the Boston media and was a minority to boot. He performed fairly well. Ted Williams anyone?

Please. Not even in the same league. Crawful knew how tought the media was in Boston, but he didn't care. He just wanted the money.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

If I'm a Dodgers fan, this has to concern me.  Total lack of personal accountability.

"It was just a bad fit" (implying that the underachievement was nobody's fault).

If he is not going to acknowledge his part in his personal underperformance, how can anyone expect him to get better?

Someone needs to tell him: if you dont like the results you are getting, change what you are doing.  External changes rarely solve internal problems.

If he's not going to take any accountability, he's not going to look to make changes / corrections.  Therefore, he can expect similar results.

Exactly. Crawford has got to be the biggest crybaby in the league.

I never understood all the clamor for him back in 2009. I recall many posters wanting the Sox to go get him. I thought he was overpaid from Day 1, although I did think he would produce better. And had he been healthy last year, he might have because to be fair, he showed glimses of what he could have done in the limited time he played last year.

Still, I'd like Crawford to explain to me how it is the media's fault he didn't catch that ball at the end of the 2011 season. Maybe Shaughnessy was in the press box flashing light in Carls eyes with a mirror.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

This is the second time we posted the same story within minutes of eachother...We should check witheachother first from now on...LOL

Did the same thing with the Westmoreland story...

mrmojo1120 has the right asway here on this... he is the headline poster. The best at it.

Carwford trying to put it back on the team for not doing there homework is bogus. He went for the dollars, his mistake and his mistake alone for coming here.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

He got paid, which is Baseball for he doesn't have to improve or even ever play another game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Even Josh Beckett's biggest critics have to give him this -- he never made excuses and when he stunk, he said he stunk. I don't recall him ever 'blaming' anyone or anything -- at least for the most part.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

So Stuff Him, He,s Gone, Like AGON And The Rest, Lets Move On, Looking Forward To 2013,

GO SOX.............

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Please. Not even in the same league. Crawful knew how tought the media was in Boston, but he didn't care. He just wanted the money.

To be fair...Crawford played as well in Fenway, at times, as the Splinter.

Unfortunately, those games were all played for the Rays.

I was also one of the big opponents of this signing. The ibggest defense of such a gross overpayment was "well, you're really paying for the first 3 or 4 years, the rest are what the market dictates..." Yeeaaaahhhhh

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I have no problem whatsoever with Crawford anymore!!!  Every time I think of him, I break into a huge smile!!!!!  Now that he's on the DL for somebody else.  The only problem I ever had with Crawford was when he did show up for work with the Red Sox.

I'm absolutely LOVING following his game now!  :)

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

This post has been removed.

wow don't say anything bad about nesn

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts