Carl Crawford still whining about his time in Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Carl Crawford still whining about his time in Boston

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/rob-bradford/2014/08/08/carl-crawford-does-not-share-jon-lesters-sent" rel="nofollow">http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/rob-bradford/2014/08/08/carl-crawford-does-not-share-jon-lesters-sent

Among other things, it was "a scar that I think will never go away"...LMAO. A $147 million scar apparently.

Can you imagine us still being stuck with this guy?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Re: Carl Crawford still whining about his time in Boston

my lord.  he should seriously consider just keeping his mouth closed at all times.....

other names i have posted under:  none

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I found it to be interesting and introspective on Crawford's part.

In short he said. "I made a mistake and followed the money.  I didn't know I don't have the courage to play in that pressure-packed atmosphere".

After reading that were I a Dodger's owner I'd be very concerned about putting Crawford in any big game.  If he couldn't handle the pressure of the regular season in Boston what are the chances of his handling the pressure of playing in the World Series?

All of which brings up the question of exactly how much is a player worth when he now admits he can't play in big games?  Certainly not what CC is getting paid! 

I hope he's happy there.  I'm happy he's there too. 

Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

And I have never posted here under any other names.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

I couldn't believe there was another Crawford article. Why do these reporters even interview him about this anymore. How many times can you say you made a mistake and the horrors of that gigantic paycheck still haunt you till this day! He must tremble every time he checks his account balance. I sure feel bad for the poor guy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Remember how all the Crawford lovers bashed me for wanted to run this chump out of town way before he become known as Crawful?  I bet some of them still believe in him.  Well, at least most them learned.  Maybe the hard way but eventually, they all learn.  Don't blame me, I try to make it easy for them........but people prefer to shoot the messenger than take in reality......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

PS - JBJ's OBP is now lower than Crawford's was in 2012.  It's time for him to be moved to a bench role; we need to see how he responds to that because that is going to be his future.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I was very wrong about Crawford.  I knew his contract was too long, but I figured he would play well for Boston.  Thankfully, the Sox were able to trade him.   What a nightmare that would be if he had to play out the rest of his contract with us.

I understand that $20 mil is a lot of money, especially to those of us who aren't millionaires.  But to these athletes who go to the top bidder without considering other factors, I always wonder, what can you possibly do with $160 mil that you can't do with $140 mil ?   If I were in that situation, I'm leaving some money on the table to play somewhere that I know I and my family will be happy and comfortable.

Memo to Lester:   Are you listening?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

Remember how all the Crawford lovers bashed me for wanted to run this chump out of town way before he become known as Crawful?  I bet some of them still believe in him.  Well, at least most them learned.  Maybe the hard way but eventually, they all learn.  Don't blame me, I try to make it easy for them........but people prefer to shoot the messenger than take in reality......

I remember your campaign against Lester, how has he done since then?

Crawford should shut his mouth.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to tom-uk's comment:

Oh, he'll never mention that one (Lester).  That would require him to admit he might have been wrong about something and he can't do that.  He'd rather just predict doom and gloom, and when it finally comes true (as it nearly always does in baseball), he can post and pat himself on the back and say see, I told you so.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I never had a campaign against Lester.  I had issues with him yes.  Mostly that he relied too much on his cutter/wouldn't attack hitters and he sulked when he got bad calls.  Last August or so he seemed to grow up and change his approach.  And the day after the WS I started a thread saying that Lester has finally become an Ace.  So I did follow up on my comments but it was by no means a campaign.  In fact, when Lester first joined the rotation in 2008 I stated he had a chance to become a left handed Pedro and that missing a Lester start was a "sin"......Campaigns I had are Drew Craw Buck.........those are campaigns.......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

I never had a campaign against Lester.  I had issues with him yes.  Mostly that he relied too much on his cutter/wouldn't attack hitters and he sulked when he got bad calls.  Last August or so he seemed to grow up and change his approach.  And the day after the WS I started a thread saying that Lester has finally become an Ace.  So I did follow up on my comments but it was by no means a campaign.  In fact, when Lester first joined the rotation in 2008 I stated he had a chance to become a left handed Pedro and that missing a Lester start was a "sin"......Campaigns I had are Drew Craw Buck.........those are campaigns.......

So you pick easy targets. Got ya.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

it would help if they(the beat guys) stopped asking him about it..just sayin"..either that or make it clear you don't want to talk about it.....unless you do want to talk about it...then...the backlash is on you...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

when did you start the clay campaign?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Flapjack07's comment:

Can you imagine us still being stuck with this guy?

most think U guys were pretty lucky to get rid of him/them

heck probably everyone here except for 1 particular poster

S5 U might want 2 edit that post

the head case had a pretty fine PO 4 the dodgers last yr including 4 HR

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to sycophant123's comment:

So you pick easy targets. Got ya.

obvious ones but in advanced of when the thought goes mainstream

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

I had it with him during last post season

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

I had it with him during last post season

so your clay campaign to get rid of him was when his trade value was at an alltime low.
    what did you want FO to do?  dump him and eat the salary? (in case you didn't know - baseball contracts are guaranteed).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

I don't blame Crawford at all, regardless of what he says. He didn't belong here, and he wasn't treated well here. He didn't belong here and everyone, including him, knew it.

He was brought in as a bit of bling to follow up the Adrian Gonzo trade because the Sox front office wanted to undo the PR damage caused by Theo's "bridge year" comment. They were afraid the TV ratings would drop. It was Werner, in fact, who foreshadowed the Crawford deal by saying, right after the Gonzo trade, that they hadn't finished making big deals. Next thing you know, Crawford lands in Boston.

Crawford wasn't wanted or needed -- even John Henry said he didn't understand why they'd brought him in. The sox didn't need a leadoff hitter, and folks were guessing where he'd hit. Third? Fifth? Sixth? For *that* money?

Crawford actually apologized to the Sox fans toward the end of the season because he hadn't played well -- remember, too that he'd been hurt. But he apologized for his and the team's lousy season, and the public saw that as a lack of toughness. Very soon after, all the beer and chicken stuff came out and it was clear the team had done itself in. He was the one person in the organization who tried to own up to it.

So yeah, Crawford has never been worth the kind of money he got, either in Boston or LA. But it was the Sox' mistake that he got a big payday for coming here. Not his. As the Sox like to remind us whenever they let go of a valuable player like Lester, it's a business, after all.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

you know what mitch, I said it THE DAY HE WAS SIGNED....GO CHECK THE BOARD ARCHIVES...IT WAS A TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE MISTAKE AND EVERYTHING THAT I SAID IT WOULD HAPPENED DID--I SAID CRAWFORD WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO HANDLE THE PRESSURE--HE DIDN'T. I SAID THE MEDIA WOULD EAT HIM UP--THEY DID. WHY DID THE SOX WANT HIM, SINCE THEY ALREADY HAD HIS PROTOTYPE IN CF--ELLSBURY...I SAID HE WAS ONE OF THE WORST LF EVER MANNING FENWAY MONSTER...EVERYTIME I SAW HIM V. SOX HE WOULD BUTCHER A BALL IN LF AT FENWAY, AND NONE OF THE FO TOOK THAT INTO CONSIDERATION...SO YEAH, GO AHEAD AND PAT YOURSELF ON THE BACK ABOUT CRAWFUL, SINCE APPARENTLY YOU WERE THE ONLY ONE WHO FIGURED IT OUT. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

*I used to dream of living in a corridor*....*luxury!*

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Riga, CC made more money in 1 Sox season than Carl Yastrzemski in his entire career...how's that for perspective...Yaz was considered at one time a prima donna because he was making 100 thousand before others were making it in the 1960s...Except he won a Triple Crown and 2 batting titles.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to S5's comment:

I found it to be interesting and introspective on Crawford's part.

In short he said. "I made a mistake and followed the money.  I didn't know I don't have the courage to play in that pressure-packed atmosphere".

After reading that were I a Dodger's owner I'd be very concerned about putting Crawford in any big game.  If he couldn't handle the pressure of the regular season in Boston what are the chances of his handling the pressure of playing in the World Series?

All of which brings up the question of exactly how much is a player worth when he now admits he can't play in big games?  Certainly not what CC is getting paid! 

I hope he's happy there.  I'm happy he's there too. 

Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

And I have never posted here under any other names.

I do remember him destroying us in a ALCS so Im sure he can perform in a big game - he's just a player who has lost his skills - sadly he was in Boston when it happened after we paid him so much money

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

He was a great fit in Tampa, that was his spot. Small market, light media, no attention if he slumped.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

It was about the fit in Boston, not about the talent.

Sections
Shortcuts